Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #1101

We need to start a thread of just mod pics, no talking.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Redbird7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #1102

Here's my new mod.
Can't say too much about it until I know it works properly... so far so good
It shuts off the residential fridge's defrost for when your on battery power and can't afford to have the fridge slip into "defrost mode" that consumes 45A from the batteries for 20mins.

When switch is to the right, the red light goes on to warn that the defrost is off...a warning so I don't forget to turn it back on when it's back on shore power.

The yellow light will come on if the fridge tries to go into defrost, but it can't because the defrost heater is shut off.

With the switch to the left, it is in "normal mode"...the green light will come on when the fridge is in defrost mode. This way I'll know to let it defrost before I unplug the shore power.

Really, it's a glorified switch.
Still making sure there are no bugs. So far so good.
Caught it once, so far, going into defrost mode.

Kudos to Mustang65 for working on this with me.
I'll make a thread when I know it's 100%
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #1103

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
If you guys go back about 50-60-70 pages, I mentioned using the magnet latch like my buddy has on his giant outside kitchen door.

No one likes klassic's ideas. I feel unwanted. Lol.
I can't remember what I ate for dinner, and I'm hospitalized with the dinner tray still sitting on my cart! How do you expect me to remember a post from 50 or 70 pages ago??? LOL!!

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #1104

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
I'm too clumsy for that. I'd bump into them and either break the peg or my shin.......
Hi Fire Instructor, Very understandable, but oops, I forgot to mention my very first mod I did-- it's sort of invisible...to the bed platform, right above it. We removed the factory Denver mattress to replace with our queen size Sleep Number bed from our residential home. It is 3" longer at 80". So I had to modify the length of the platform so that the mattress overhang would not fold over when sitting on the edge. To boot it, would make lifting the bed easier to gain access to the storage and also the sheets would hold to tuck under better.
I initially bought 1x6" pine instead of 1x8", so that's the reason you see the voids. I then used four pieces of 2 x 2 along with 1/4" shims for the 1/2" plywood offset and used glue and wood screws. I also used a 1/4" radius router bit to smooth top and bottom edges.
When the slide retracts fully, the extension comes to 1/2" short of hitting the dresser, and the mattress slight overhang compresses slightly against the dresser.
So with this set up of the residential queen and the additional 3" overhang I don't find my toes hitting the shoes underneath. The DW gets to hang three pair and I get to hang three pair. Of course she has more than 3 pr of shoes...you kidding me, lol. Unfortunately, I'm not able to hang my Justin Ropers on these. The fun part of full timing with a sleep number bed is when we undergo just moderate altitude changes. It really firms up at higher altitudes while descending you fall into a "hammock" when retiring for thee evening, lol. We didn't get the digital readout hand paddles, so we really can't say what number we are anymore, but the DW prefers soft while I prefer more firm. We absolutely love our sleep number while on the road!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7588.jpg   IMG_8660.jpg   IMG_8658.jpg  
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #1105

Update to my cracked fiberglass sidewall...

Dealer repaired it and took it for a test pull. Cracked again. Now some more invasive repairs will be needed. Not too excited about the prospect of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #1106

I'm so sorry to hear that Tom. I know that's very disappointing after all the waiting. One onlooker at mine suggested a cracked weld is a likely culprit. But I'm right on your trail with a trip to the Jayco factory to repair my large crack now moved up 2 weeks to Jun 26, to give them more time to order parts etc, before our big Aug 21 solar eclipse trip to Caspar WY.

I'll certainly chime in with my results once I get settled back in.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Old 06-12-2017, 10:51 AM   #1107

Dskyward

My dealer informed me of some "additional welding " needed per Jayco's instructions. Guessing it's the same as yours. I'd have more confidence if mine were going back to the factory like yours.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:26 AM   #1108

That's very encouraging. Did they give a timeline for completion? I sincerely hope the repair will last and look un-noticeable. We've been awaiting this appointment for a long time. They couldn't fit us into our schedule last time we were up in Indiana. Gotta love the 2 year warranty.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #1109

Hey Tom, another question for you and also Bookemdanno, regarding a dent in your freezer door below ice dispenser I saw in the last picture on post #512, of your induction burner mod....I've got a dent on my freezer door same location. Do you know what caused it? Or Bookemdanno, yours? I read in your #6 post on 'Warranty repair taking FOR EV ER' about your freezer door dent, and you said Jayco replaced the whole fridge, rather than the door.

My freezer door dent aligns with the island countertop edge, which is 1/4" or so when the slide is in, it must be rocking forward caused by wavy or curvy roads. Anyone else show a dent below ice dispenser? Forgive me if I may be hijacking this thread, or maybe direct me to the proper thread if anyone knows.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #1110

Duskyward - Yes, they replaced the whole fridge under warranty for just the dent in the freezer side door. I thought it a bit much and thought they would only replace the door. They then moved/slide the island about 1/3-1/2" away from the fridge to keep from happening again. I actually don't know if it will happen again or not, as we travel with a folded dish towel there now...just in case.

I think what caused the dent is if you lock the fridge and then try to pull the door open, the door will come open just enough to hit the island if the slide is closed. So even when locked, I think the door was opening on rough roads/bumps and hitting the island.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #1111

Sorry to hear that Tom.......I think at this point I would be trying to get Jayco to repair it at the factory. I'm like you and don't have a lot of faith in dealers ability.

Good Luck
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:41 PM   #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Hey Tom, another question for you and also Bookemdanno, regarding a dent in your freezer door below ice dispenser I saw in the last picture on post #512, of your induction burner mod....I've got a dent on my freezer door same location. Do you know what caused it? Or Bookemdanno, yours? I read in your #6 post on 'Warranty repair taking FOR EV ER' about your freezer door dent, and you said Jayco replaced the whole fridge, rather than the door.

My freezer door dent aligns with the island countertop edge, which is 1/4" or so when the slide is in, it must be rocking forward caused by wavy or curvy roads. Anyone else show a dent below ice dispenser? Forgive me if I may be hijacking this thread, or maybe direct me to the proper thread if anyone knows.

My freezer door is dented as well. Caused by movement while in transit. The fix is to move the island. With the RV refrigerator it's not an issue but the residential fridge sticks out further causing the potential for denting the door. I haven't done anything about ours. Figured it'll happen again anyway by me or the kids.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Sorry to hear that Tom.......I think at this point I would be trying to get Jayco to repair it at the factory. I'm like you and don't have a lot of faith in dealers ability.

Good Luck

I'd love to but I don't like the idea of some transport guy driving it there to get fixed, then driving it back hoping nothing gets damaged in between. Not to mention emptying everything out and restocking it all. If I lived closer to Indiana then I'd do it but that's a long way from Texas.
I'm going to keep an eye on it and bring it back to the dealer when our camping schedule lightens up. They will be bringing in another person to do the welding. Apparently they can do the repairs by removing the skin under the pin box.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #1114

I see. I tried yanking on it too to see how much play it had. It didn't seem much. But that may also be happening with ours. Try grabbing the upper left and upper right corners of both doors and press both your thumbs to the trim styles behind, mine can tilt out a bit with moderate leverage.

As a precaution now, we put a thin 1/2" x 12" long foam noodle around countertop edge so the door cannot contact again. The DW says the dent isn't bothering her. Ok, then, gritting my teeth.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #1115

I don't know Tom, do you think it's wise to keep driving like that?
Not saying it will happen, but I've seen pictures of a rig that had bad welds and it did a lot of damage as it partially colapsed to the bed rails.

When I took my SOB back to the factory (for a bunch of work and a new front cap)
They welded gussets at certain parts of the front frame while the front cap was off.
He said it would have ended up cracking, so they took care of it before it happened
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:49 PM   #1116

Klassic

I'm just going to keep an eye on it for now. Best I can tell, the repair to the crack was barely more than filling the crack with colored resin. There was no "feathering in" of the repair. Kinda looks like they used a dremel to clean the crack to about 1/4" wide then filled it. So the post repair crack is the same size and shape as it was beforehand. If it grows I will definitely take it in for the additional welding. If it holds up, I'll take it in at the end of summer and when kids go back to school.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #1117

Finally got around to replacing my drawer fronts with some from the factory.

Old 06-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #1118

Looks great (as usual) Tom! You are such the craftsman!
Old 06-13-2017, 05:29 PM   #1119

Thanks Dan

Old 06-15-2017, 08:00 AM   #1120

Nothing major...installed a 3rd blue top Optima battery. Same as the other 2.