Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2017, 09:28 PM   #1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
June or July 20? [emoji3]
I was supposed to bring mine in last week but I had a trip booked. Plus I have a couple more booked in the next few weeks. Once the kids go back to school at the end of august, I'll take it in. Meanwhile, I'm keeping a close watch on the crack to see if it grows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

July 20th had the wrong the month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:03 PM   #1182

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
On a good note, I can report that our 83 mile journey from Ft Wayne to Jayco Service Center in Middlebury, had a flawless rear camera performance. Full frame rate was noted 100% of the time. Thanks to another post I read online from a guy who had a 40' Forrest River 5th wheel with bad reception on the same Voyager camera/monitor, even with the 10' relocate kit. The idea is to make for the shortest distance between the camera antenna and monitor antenna. I added a 35' antenna extension cable, attached to the wireless camera antenna port, then a 10' antenna-relocation kit attached (that ASA Electronics sent me last year to fix the bad signal I was getting) giving 45' total extension to allow the antenna to be relocated to the driver side of the front cap. I attached the L bracket using 3M double sided foam tape. I then used 2" Gaffer tape to secure the wire from the antenna on the front cap up and over along the cap seam to the middle of the roof and B line straight back to the antenna jack. I used wire tie sticky bases on the roof vents to hold the 35' thicker extension wire.

I get a solid 3 bars signal, and sometime the 4th bar appears. I discovered the 12v power the camera receives is ONLY from the on board batteries, not at all from the TV, as the red power knob in the propane compartment got turned off when my disc brakes were installed, and the camera had no signal. I've got 3 12v batteries now up front, mainly for the inverter to power the residential fridge over long 12 hr hauls. It is a full-time powered camera, even on shore power. It came to my mind that another member on this thread discovered that the residential fridge can go into defrost mode while traveling and that uses substantial amount of juice that can bring the batteries down, and the instruction manual says it's important that the camera gets all of 12v of power to operate normally. I know my inverter gives an error code at 11.6 or 11.8v and shuts off power to the fridge. So if that happens, take note of what happens to the camera.

WVOSANT-EXT35 from RV Cams.com. $55.33 delivered.
WVOSAPANTEXT sells for $29, but ASA sent free to me in 1st month of delivery.

One small note when connecting the 35' cable to the 10', two female connectors were present and I had to fabricate a 22 gauge 'male' wire bridge (3/8" long, no jacket) to complete the connection.

Sorry I have no photos as the install was done near dark. I can't wait to see how it performs on our next trip out west to WY, after we get the rig back from Jayco.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:24 PM   #1183

Any one knows if that crack in the front area is dangerous to the point of not using the trailer for a big trip.

Will check mine but we are leaving for Wyoming tommorow night...

Thierry
Old 06-27-2017, 10:27 PM   #1184

52 inch ceiling fan

Will post pictures in the next days, but I installed a 52 inches Hunter ceiling fan in the living.

No clearance problems at all.

Thierry
Old 06-28-2017, 06:06 AM   #1185

Quote:
Thanks Jack.

Fired up the generator on propane and it started the AC. [emoji3]

Very happy about that. I bought a supco hard start capacitor just in case but now I know I won't need it. Now I need to get a box to keep in in so it stays out of the weather.

Can you post a pic of your generator? We are looking for one and really would like to keep the cost low. Do you know what decibels it runs at? We found one at 68 db is that too loud? I'm not wanting to upset the neighbors[emoji51]

Ashfamilyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:09 AM   #1186

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiju View Post
Any one knows if that crack in the front area is dangerous to the point of not using the trailer for a big trip.

Will check mine but we are leaving for Wyoming tommorow night...

Thierry

I've been watching mine. I've taken it on two short trips and the crack hasn't grown any. I've got a long trip (1600 mile round trip) coming next month and a medium trip (500 miles) next week so I'll get a good idea if it'll get any worse

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:33 AM   #1187

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfamilyof3 View Post
Can you post a pic of your generator? We are looking for one and really would like to keep the cost low. Do you know what decibels it runs at? We found one at 68 db is that too loud? I'm not wanting to upset the neighbors[emoji51]

The literature says it runs 59dB. This thing is a relative bargain at about $1000, especially if you consider a Honda or Yamaha 3000 watt costs about 2-2.5 times that much. 68dB is loud. Mine is really quiet, especially when running in eco mode. Mine is the dual fuel model, but you can get the gas only model and save about $300.

I'm no expert in generators, but inverter generators are what most people suggest using if you want to be kind to your fellow campers. They also produce clean power suitable for sensitive electronics. Champion also makes a "hybrid" generator which runs about half that price and runs at 64dB if you want a good priced inverter style generator.

Really, you need to figure out what you want to run with your generator and size it accordingly. If you want to run an ac, you'll need at least a 3000 watt unit (or two 2000 watt units paralleled).

Here is what I purchased. Got mine off Amazon.
http://www.championpowerequipment.co...ter-generator/

Old 06-28-2017, 07:04 AM   #1188

Quote:
The literature says it runs 59dB. This thing is a relative bargain at about $1000, especially if you consider a Honda or Yamaha 3000 watt costs about 2-2.5 times that much. 68dB is loud. Mine is really quiet, especially when running in eco mode. Mine is the dual fuel model, but you can get the gas only model and save about $300.

I'm no expert in generators, but inverter generators are what most people suggest using if you want to be kind to your fellow campers. They also produce clean power suitable for sensitive electronics. Champion also makes a "hybrid" generator which runs about half that price and runs at 64dB if you want a good priced inverter style generator.

Really, you need to figure out what you want to run with your generator and size it accordingly. If you want to run an ac, you'll need at least a 3000 watt unit (or two 2000 watt units paralleled).

Here is what I purchased. Got mine off Amazon.
http://www.championpowerequipment.co...ter-generator/

Ok I did see that one but the reviews said it wouldn't run my 15,000btu AC without some mods. Was hoping to get something that would run AC straight out of the box

Ashfamilyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:06 AM   #1189

that should absolutely run an a/c of that size
Old 06-28-2017, 07:12 AM   #1190

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
I second what Tom says. I've got the champion inverter generator also. However it has a 171cc displacement and is a 3100 starting and 2800 continuous, while I believe Tom's may be 192cc for higher wattage. One interesting note about mine is the label reads 2800 where an identical model reads 3100. I found out they were manufactured for Cosco and the only one I've seen that advertises the continuous wattage instead of the other way around. So whatever you see printed on the side is not continuous running wattage.

I got mine on eBay for $599 refurbished. The guy had 25 for sale and about 5 left when I ordered mine. When it arrived, there were no fingerprints on it and I believe it to have zero hours as he advertised less than 20 hrs on any of them. The good news is it'll start my 15k a/c on my 2017 377 as Coleman Mach has hard start capacitors as I made a phone call to them first. The better news is it'll still keep it running in the eco mode!

The DW and I added the gen prep at order for $970 I think for resale purposes, not wishing to ever spend $5000 on a Cummings Onan 5500 watt genset, and 300 lbs weight vs 95 lbs on this little Champion. It is quiet, so you can now shop with confidence. So far it starts first pull every time. Just need to put an hr meter on there. Plus this unit has parallel capability which is the only thing different from the 3100 twin.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5767.jpg  
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:15 AM   #1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfamilyof3 View Post
Ok I did see that one but the reviews said it wouldn't run my 15,000btu AC without some mods. Was hoping to get something that would run AC straight out of the box

I read a bunch of conflicting reviews concerning whether it would run a 15k AC as well. That's why I also purchased a $10 hard start capacitor just in case. Really the problem is starting the AC, not running it. So, knowing that, what I did was to get the generator running on full speed. Plug it in and let the fridge (I have a residential) get going. Then turn the ac fan on. Let it run for about 10-15 seconds, then turn on the AC. This way, not everything tries to start at the same time overloading the generator.

BTW, if you have an EMS, you'll either need to buy a special neutral grounding plug ($18) or make one yourself (what I did, cost $5).

Old 06-28-2017, 07:23 AM   #1192

Dskyward

How's yours treating you? I'm breaking mine in and have about 2.5 hours on mine. I'll be changing the oil to synthetic after the 5 hour break in. I wish mine had the outlet covers like yours.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #1193

Picked up a truck box at tractor supply to put the generator in

Cut holes for front access as well as intake and exhaust. Made the front access panel hinged to help keep out any rain from getting onto outlets.

Then a bit of recycling. I saw a product at the dealer just like this but they wanted $50 for it. So I made my own. Used some of the foam packaging from the generator to make a protector on the king pin. A lot safer for kids (and grown ups) who aren't paying attention

Old 06-28-2017, 10:49 AM   #1194

Hey that's nice extra towel bar,and we have been wondering for over a year how to keep water out of shower door track! Happy Trails
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:30 PM   #1195

Quote:
Picked up a truck box at tractor supply to put the generator in

Cut holes for front access as well as intake and exhaust. Made the front access panel hinged to help keep out any rain from getting onto outlets.

Then a bit of recycling. I saw a product at the dealer just like this but they wanted $50 for it. So I made my own. Used some of the foam packaging from the generator to make a protector on the king pin. A lot safer for kids (and grown ups) who aren't paying attention

Awesome job Tom!! Looks like you are ready to go.

Wish I would have had that foam block on my fifth wheel the day I removed my battery shelf............I ended up at hospital after splitting my head open. Had to get staples........Hurt like help!!
I put my tripod u dear it now when unhooked.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #1196

Thanks Jack.

I've hit my head a couple times too. Not enough for staples like you, but enough to have a big knot.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #1197

Hunter Ceiling Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiju View Post
Will post pictures in the next days, but I installed a 52 inches Hunter ceiling fan in the living.

No clearance problems at all.

Thierry
Just curious were you replacing the fan that the factory installed? If so did new fan pretty much just bolt up. My 16 Eagle fan blade length is 18". And pretty much use less.Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:38 PM   #1198

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Just curious were you replacing the fan that the factory installed? If so did new fan pretty much just bolt up. My 16 Eagle fan blade length is 18". And pretty much use less.Thanks

No modifications are needed to replace the fan. [emoji3]

Old 06-28-2017, 01:11 PM   #1199

Tom, I would read the champion literature carefully. The cubes I had had stickers on them sawing nothing withing 5 feet horizontally for cooling air flow.
It may get way to hot in that box.

just my 2 cents
Old 06-28-2017, 01:15 PM   #1200

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyExpress View Post
Tom, I would read the champion literature carefully. The cubes I had had stickers on them sawing nothing withing 5 feet horizontally for cooling air flow.

It may get way to hot in that box.

just my 2 cents

Yes I have the same sticker on mine. I plan on having a fan in the box to help cool it down. Also plan to run a thermometer in there as well. Hopefully it'll run without any problems

On edit: the manual says 3 ft for airflow, 5 ft for combustibles. I feel the size of the holes I cut and the addition of the fan should be enough to keep it cool. I'll report my findings.