Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-28-2018, 02:18 PM   #1881

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPayne View Post
I have leaks on the fittings on my valve controls for the water. I didn’t find it until I was testing everything in an OCD method to figure out where the leaks are. My RV was sucking air on the pump so I saw no dripping but it was painfully slow. Not to say yours is the same problem, but could be. I won’t get to fix mine before May so I can’t give a time to siphon after the repair. (Yet)
Thanks RayPayne, and bdreinv concerning for the reply on the slow siphon rate. Getting the feeling this is par for the course. Sorry for the late reply. I've been preoccupied with other goings on out here in SE Arizona. Just now some snow flurries, so reading up on the forum. I read where bdreinv said it took 8 min to siphon 6 gallons. That's a tad slower rate than mine. I just changed the house water filter(1 yr), altogether with the fridge filter(1 yr) and blue Camco(3 pos) outside on the post. In maneuvering the house canister filter, a slow drip leak(1 per 2-3 seconds) ensued as the factory crimp clamps pivot a little on the housing neck and starts the drip. I put a towel down and checked next day and no more drips. Hmmm.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #1882

I put eternabond tape where the front cap meets the roof today. Found couple small holes in the dicor there. I also did the rear with the eternabond...that stuff ain’t going nowhere once you put it down. I wasn’t going to post a pic, but Tom says it doesn’t happen unless you do. I also disassembled and removed the bat wing so I could put the new King antenna in. I snapped a pic so y’all can see what’s under there. I had to cut the tv cord to get it off the batwing. Thank goodness I have the tools to put new RCA jacks on the wire...and I actually had them with me. However, I did not purchase or they sent me the wrong mounting plate [emoji35]. The new and hopefully correct mounting plate will be here tomorrow by 3. So I had to cover the holes with some plastic and tape. It has not been a day full of good news for me today. I hate how work gets in the way of modding and RVing!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1885.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	37649

Name:	IMG_1888.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	37650

Name:	IMG_1886.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	37651

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2018, 06:40 PM   #1883

If you’re messsing around up there Danno..check out your pipe vents too.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ery-38050.html
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:42 PM   #1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post

Thanks Klassic...I’ll do it tomorrow when I’m hopefully back up there to finish the King.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:20 PM   #1885

Lol Dan! I was just thinking of doing the same thing to my trailer. Looks like you got the tan etarnabond. I was thinking of getting black because I was afraid the tan wouldn’t match but yours looks pretty good

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #1886

I used the 4 inch at the front and 2 inch for the rear. Gave me plenty of coverage.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:04 PM   #1887

Looks very good Dan, where did you buy the tan eternabond? If my memory serves me, all I could find was white on Amazon, and I bought a 10' x 4" roll. I bought mine for sealing the plastic undercarriage panel seams where Jayco had to cut in to do work. I tried 2" Gaffer tape many times and it still comes apart.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Old 03-01-2018, 11:22 PM   #1888

Addendum--We have an appt with Jayco end of July to have them look at my roof where I have 3 sharp points about to puncture the roof membrane. See attached, at lower center you can see the 3 points, probably from staples that are coming up... plus the beautiful skyline we have out here in SE Arizona. Also, you see I have a black wire going to the front where I relocated my rear camera antenna. It solved the issue of constant drop outs on the wireless monitor. I used aluminum duct tape to hold down the wire since it was the stickiest I had on hand. However, it's not holding all that well due to the slick coating they used which I'm hoping that tan eternabond tape could fix. Or I could use the white stuff I bought.
Attached Thumbnails
roof points.jpg  
Old 03-02-2018, 06:35 AM   #1889

Tom & Dskyward - I got it from Amazon in a 50' roll, but I can only find it in a 10' roll now. https://www.amazon.com/Eternabond-Mo...tan+eternabond
Old 03-02-2018, 07:27 AM   #1890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Addendum--We have an appt with Jayco end of July to have them look at my roof where I have 3 sharp points about to puncture the roof membrane. See attached, at lower center you can see the 3 points, probably from staples that are coming up... plus the beautiful skyline we have out here in SE Arizona. Also, you see I have a black wire going to the front where I relocated my rear camera antenna. It solved the issue of constant drop outs on the wireless monitor. I used aluminum duct tape to hold down the wire since it was the stickiest I had on hand. However, it's not holding all that well due to the slick coating they used which I'm hoping that tan eternabond tape could fix. Or I could use the white stuff I bought.
I used the non leveling grout and it is holding my wire great. No movement and is not doing any damage to the roof.
Attached Thumbnails
20160417_134104.jpg  
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:15 AM   #1891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
I used the non leveling grout and it is holding my wire great. No movement and is not doing any damage to the roof.
Thanks Kahoneys, that looks pretty good. I remember seeing that picture last year when I was searching around on the topic. The wire will get removed if Jayco replaces the roof and pretty sure they will use the tan dicor to secure.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #1892

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyRV View Post
I am going to attach the pictures that I can take because it is dark outside right now. The fan upgrade took me about an hour. I did not want to remove the fan housing from the roof and have to reseal everything, so I disassembled everything and put all of the parts into the old housing. I just had to drill one hole and make two wire connections. It really wasn't that hard to do. I also have the EMS 50 amp surge protector that I have already wired the pigtail in but I am waiting for a good day to pull the fuse panel and wire the rest of it in. I need a day off with good weather. Another thing, is I worked 12 hours last night and got off at 6 this morning. It's been a long day.
Hi MontyRV, can you post the model number of that Maxxair vent fan w/remote? The picture appears to have a rain sensor, is that correct? I found one identical, but it doesn't show the rain sensor icon on ceiling display.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:22 PM   #1893

All done with the King antenna install...helps when you have the proper mounting plate!

Name:	IMG_1889.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	37674

Old 03-02-2018, 05:30 PM   #1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post

Just wanted to let you know Klassic that I checked my vent pipes...and go figure, they were actually done correctly.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:59 PM   #1895

I was really close to the first builds. Before the toe kick lights. And the switch for the camera.
Maybe they soon figured out there was a void behind the vent leg.

I wish they figured out the Schwintek stinks before building mine.
Glad I took out the extended warranty
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:01 PM   #1896

I think I'll check mine tomorrow. Thx

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:42 AM   #1897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I put eternabond tape where the front cap meets the roof today. Found couple small holes in the dicor there. I also did the rear with the eternabond...that stuff ain’t going nowhere once you put it down. I wasn’t going to post a pic, but Tom says it doesn’t happen unless you do. I also disassembled and removed the bat wing so I could put the new King antenna in. I snapped a pic so y’all can see what’s under there. I had to cut the tv cord to get it off the batwing. Thank goodness I have the tools to put new RCA jacks on the wire...and I actually had them with me. However, I did not purchase or they sent me the wrong mounting plate [emoji35]. The new and hopefully correct mounting plate will be here tomorrow by 3. So I had to cover the holes with some plastic and tape. It has not been a day full of good news for me today. I hate how work gets in the way of modding and RVing!
Attachment 37649
Attachment 37650
Attachment 37651

Dan what did you clean the area with before putting down the eternabond?

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:47 AM   #1898

Last year I bought a 50’ roll of Tan Eternabond from RV Upgrades.com
At that time it was the only place that had 50’ in tan.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:13 AM   #1899

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Dan what did you clean the area with before putting down the eternabond?

I used acetone on a rag. Wiped the surface clean and then went back over the area with a wet rag (just water).

Old 03-03-2018, 05:32 PM   #1900

Seems like it’s been forever since I’ve done anything to the trailer. There was some discussion about the cord reel a while ago and mounting it upside down. Here it is. I used a scrap piece of 1/2” plywood I had laying around. Couple screws and done. Nice to free up some space.

One thing to be aware of if you mount it in the same place as I did....make sure it is far enough away from the door to clear the back of the ground control keypad/box. I didn’t pay attention at first and had to move it after I had it all secured.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote