Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2016, 02:34 PM   #1

Mor Ryde RV Suspension Question

Hello,

We are the new owners of a 2015 Pinnacle 36 RSQS. When I was unhooking the unit I heard a loud bang from under the trailer. I crawled underneath to see what it was and at first saw nothing. Than I noticed that the Mor Ryde suspension was at different heights on each side. The passengers side is on the middle setting and the drivers side is on the top. The clearance from the wheels to the trailer are also different heights. There is about 2 inches less on the drivers side. Is this right? I have been reading online but no nothing about this kind of suspension. Could the bang been the suspension slipping spots? Is that normal? It doesn't seem to have much of an effect on the level of the trailer. Can I still pull like this until I have a dealer look at it?

Thanks
Chris
chipper1360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:42 PM   #2

Can you post a pic of that? (Nevermind)
I went out and took a look at mine and they are all up top.
Yeah that would be one big bang I would think.
I'm assuming that they should be up top.

Read About My Camping World Nightmare
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:00 PM   #3

Hello,

What you'd described is typical and normal. The Mor Ryde connection to the shackles will move toward one axle or the other. The banging noise you're hearing is due to basic movement of the suspension springs and axles. To reduce the noise you're hearing, you would need to upgrade your axle and suspension hardware to wet bolts and better bushings. The current spring bolts from the factory are dry bolts and not lubeable; the bushings are also plastic and will wear out over time. An upgrade of the suspension hardware will allow you to install wet bolts and either copper or never-lube bushings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper1360 View Post
Hello,

We are the new owners of a 2015 Pinnacle 36 RSQS. When I was unhooking the unit I heard a loud bang from under the trailer. I crawled underneath to see what it was and at first saw nothing. Than I noticed that the Mor Ryde suspension was at different heights on each side. The passengers side is on the middle setting and the drivers side is on the top. The clearance from the wheels to the trailer are also different heights. There is about 2 inches less on the drivers side. Is this right? I have been reading online but no nothing about this kind of suspension. Could the bang been the suspension slipping spots? Is that normal? It doesn't seem to have much of an effect on the level of the trailer. Can I still pull like this until I have a dealer look at it?

Thanks
Chris
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #4

I would not make any changes if you are still under warranty. let the dealer look at it.
culleokapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:54 PM   #5

Well the verdicts in. Dealer advised that the rubber shear spring on the drivers side was torn causing the trailer to lean. ........ But it gets better!!! When they took it apart it appears when the trailer was built they put two different rubber shears on. The two sides didn't match. Now I am waiting to hear back from Mor Ryde to see what do do.

It appears the lean put too much stress on the one side causing it to fail.

Has anyone experienced this? Is this a Friday afternoon trailer? I'm trying to find out if Mor Ryde put the assembly to get her and ships it to Jayco or if Jayco builds them.
chipper1360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #6

Wow! My sentiments exactly - QA & QC took the day (week) off and our 2014 Pinnacle was put together with inferior parts and pieces then the transport driver to dealership hooked something on the front cross member of the frame, which in turn, damaged the entire camper, ie; ceiling trim, slides struggling, screws trying to pop thru linoleum, and structural damage on the sides and roof of the 5th wheel that allow rain to POUR thru the ceiling vents, altho no visible signs of seeping from the roof or surface. Also, we had discovered major damage on the axle and spring hanger that has caused tire wear on 1 side only - inferior parts and frame are to blame.
DJDallas is offline   Reply With Quote