Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2019, 11:23 PM   #1

Morride orbital pinbox lock bolts

Any tips to help removing the lock bolts to enable the orbital pinbox to work asa it is supposed to. The dealer refused to remove them saying that since the pinbox came locked from the factory, they'd be be liable if something happened with the pinbox. I tried to remove them by hand but the bolts didn't budge.Any ideas?
Cisco928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:36 AM   #2
Site Team

I would call Moryde customer service. They are good to work with.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco928 View Post
Any tips to help removing the lock bolts to enable the orbital pinbox to work asa it is supposed to. The dealer refused to remove them saying that since the pinbox came locked from the factory, they'd be be liable if something happened with the pinbox. I tried to remove them by hand but the bolts didn't budge.Any ideas?
Read the directions. These are serious bolts with a lot of stress on them. When you remove the lockout bolts you must properly install the wedge that comes with it. You will need a big torque wrench. Mine required 200 ft pounds on the wedge bolts.

If you remove the lockout bolts you MUST install the wedge. If you install the wedge, the lockout bolts MUST be removed.

The dealer should have sent you out with the right setup for your truck and hitch. If you don't want to or can't do it yourself, and your dealer won't or can't, call MorRyde to find someone who can.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:56 PM   #4

My dealer installed mine upon delivery. And had me do a test drive on the lot to check operation. They installed the universal wedge. I have since ordered a custom wedge directly from MorRyde for my hitch - which I installed myself.

I suggest using a breaker bar to loosen the bolts. And then use a proper torque wrench to tighten bolts.