Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2021, 05:15 AM   #1

Morryde Independent Suspension

Does anyone have this system installed? How long have you had it and tell me about your experience with the product and company.

Bob
2022 F-350 XLT Diesel Dually (on order)
Next purchase Pinnacle 36KPTS
Old Paratrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:17 AM   #2

We haven't done this with our Pinnacle but we had it done to our previous fifth wheel, an Excel, in 2017. I know things can change but our experience was nothing but good. We were treated well and the technician doing the work obviously had done it many times before. We stayed in our rig on their lot the night before the work started and then the one night it was in the building. If we had it to do over again we would find a motel. They were working a night shift in the building and it was rather noisy.

We had had axle issues with the Excel and the MorRyde made a huge difference. It rode much smoother. We already had Dexter disc brakes on the rig but I had them change them and the hubs to more easily serviceable Kodiak hubs and discs. Never a problem in the 3 years we kept the Excel after the change. If our traveling had not slowed somewhat I would consider doing the same thing to the Pinnacle.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:21 AM   #3

I have a friend who had this installed on her Solitude and loved it. I'm scheduled 11/1 of this year to have the 8k version with disk brakes installed. It's not cheap but I've heard nothing but good reports on it.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:02 AM   #4

To be completely honest we had a Heartland Big Horn we had the IP and Disc Brakes installed at Mor Ryde in 2017. The expierence was really cool especially staying inside the shop building overnight.

My opinion was after two years I could not tell a noticeable difference in the ride. It was nice having the axles gone but, we still had items falling and drawers coming open on rogh roads so that myth about reducing stuff falling was not true, at least in my case.

The Disc brakes were worth there weight in Gold!!! There have been several times they have saved me from total catastrophe - I have a new Pinnacle on order with Disc brakes.

In summary I would not spend the money again for the IP.
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #5

Had the IS and disc brakes installed on our 2018 KPTS the in 2018. In my opinion it is the best investment one can make for their 5er. The difference in the ride for the trailer is phenomenal. Prior to having the IS installed the trailer would bounce 5-6 times after going over a freeway overpass. After the IS the trailer may bounce 2-3 times and the shock is far less than before. Also had the IS installed on our 2001 5th wheel after the chair in the back flipped during transit on the freeway. After having the IS installed on that 5er we went back across the same stretch of road and the chair never moved. I have owned three 5th wheels since 2001 and I am a firm believer in the IS system and am of the opinion that the more you can do to smooth out the ride of the trailer to reduce the shock on the trailer, the trailer contents, and the tires, the better it is for the unit in the long run.
I would also add that the hitch in the tow vehicle plays a big part in the ride of the trailer. Although expensive and bulky, the Hensley Trailer Saver also makes a huge difference.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:18 PM   #6

I have the IS on my 2020 North Point. The upgrade probably cost more than it should, but it is worth every penny. Your trailer will ride/handle better, be less harsh and the brakes are a bonus. You won't regret spending the money.

[2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW, Cummins, 8' Bed...Basically Stock]
KevinKuhns is offline   Reply With Quote