Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #1

MORryde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes

I found one discussion of the MORryde IS in 2017 so I thought I would ask about it again.

We took our previous fifth wheel to Elkhart and had MORryde install the IS. It made a tremendous difference in our ride. We already had disc brakes. The new Pinnacle has the MORryde LRE 4000 system and seems to ride pretty good but no disc brakes. Converting to discs will happen before next season. We had our last fifth wheel for 8 years and this one may be our last so investing some money in upgrades to keep it going for a while is something I have no qualms about. I just don't want to waste money, which is kind of hard not to do with rv ownership.

I'm curious how much a difference the IS is over the LRE 4000, if anyone has made the change. One of the several things that swayed us to the Pinnacle was Jayco's use of Dexter axles, the LRE 4000 and Goodyear Endurance tires. We found that combination is not common in the Pinnacle price range as most use Lippert axles.

If I take it to Elkhart I would have MORryde do both the IS and the disc brakes. If I stay with LRE 4000 I will probably use Performance Trailer Braking which sends someone to your home to do the conversion unless someone has a better suggestion. They are based in Oklahoma and so are we.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
I found one discussion of the MORryde IS in 2017 so I thought I would ask about it again.

We took our previous fifth wheel to Elkhart and had MORryde install the IS. It made a tremendous difference in our ride. We already had disc brakes. The new Pinnacle has the MORryde LRE 4000 system and seems to ride pretty good but no disc brakes. Converting to discs will happen before next season. We had our last fifth wheel for 8 years and this one may be our last so investing some money in upgrades to keep it going for a while is something I have no qualms about. I just don't want to waste money, which is kind of hard not to do with rv ownership.

I'm curious how much a difference the IS is over the LRE 4000, if anyone has made the change. One of the several things that swayed us to the Pinnacle was Jayco's use of Dexter axles, the LRE 4000 and Goodyear Endurance tires. We found that combination is not common in the Pinnacle price range as most use Lippert axles.

If I take it to Elkhart I would have MORryde do both the IS and the disc brakes. If I stay with LRE 4000 I will probably use Performance Trailer Braking which sends someone to your home to do the conversion unless someone has a better suggestion. They are based in Oklahoma and so are we.
I just had Performance Trailer Braking install discs on my Eagle. With only 2,000 miles on it only 1 of 4 drum brakes were working at all.

I also had the installer upgrade my shackles and wet bolts, the original MORyde shackles already showed significant wear and once again that is with only 2,000 miles on it. I don’t know how different the IS is but I would definitely look at the shackles and wet bolts while they are changing the brakes.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:07 AM   #3

Independent suspension will always be the best ride. Think automotive. Pretty much everything has moved to front and rear independent suspension.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:12 AM   #4

My 17 Northpoint came with Lippert Axle Technologies axles on it, CRE 3000 and drums. I installed the wet bolt kit and was surprised how much wear those nylon sleeves had on them for the little mileage they had. This past year I installed the disc brakes. What a difference that made.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:03 PM   #5

IS suspension for sure. Replaced the MorRyde 4000 on our Pinnacle with the IS suspension. Ride quality is greatly improved. IMO the better the ride, the less strain on the entire coach and the tires.