Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2018, 12:44 PM   #1

MORryde Orbital Rotating Pin Box

How many out there with the 28.5 RSTS are hauling it with a Ram with a 6'4" box? Purchased a 2018 Ram 2500 last week with the factory 5th wheel prep. Told our dealer we were good to go ordering a 2019 RSTS when we determine which trim package we want. We'll decide at the Toronto show in a couple of weeks. Now the big question will be which hitch to go with? Was my original plan to go with the swivel pin box and a fixed hitch. Someone suggested a slider hitch and a fixed pin. I'm confused. Question to the experts out there. HELP!!!!
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:40 AM   #2

I have the Reese Revolution, (similar pinbox) and have been pleased.
You get full use of the truck bed as there is no pinbox swing in the bed to have to leave room for.

I have a B&W hitch and am able to take it in and out as it is light compared to sliding hitches.
Trailer tracks closer to the truck path, which can help some in certain situations.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #3

No expert here but I do have a 28.5 rsts with a Morryde orbital pinbox.We have a chev
3500hd 6.5 ft.box.We also have a BW patriot hitch.Our trailer is level with about 6.5

inches of clearance on box sides.I can turn a full 90 degrees if I have to.
steelweels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:54 AM   #4

When I switch from a LB DRW to a SB SRW I considered installing a Revolution if I needed it. After 4 months of travel last winter I never had an issue where the front cap got too close to the cab when parking so I'll just stuck with the fixed hitch and regular pinbox. My only contact was when backing into a site where there were dropoffs off the pavement and the truck had to be at a twist angle to the trailer and my Trifecta made contact with the underside of the nose cap. I run with the tonno stacked at the front of the box and 6" clearance, so it got to 2" to contact the tonno
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote