Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2022, 07:02 PM   #21

For those of you that have the TorkLift Uprising steps, AND have used them side-by-side with the MorRyde steps, are they are sturdy?

We have a space issue in our building, and the Uprising steps would help solve that. However, I don't want to solve that once in a while problem, and get steps that are not SUPER sturdy. The MorRyde steps are 100% rock solid, and I can't help but believe that with all of those pivot points on the Uprising steps that there's going to be a little bit of give there.

I watched some videos, and most of the time when people are jumping on them to test them, they are doing on the LAST step. That's not a fair test. I want to see someone bounce on the MIDDLE step, and see how much those things really move. I know on the MorRyde, that will be none.

They are a LOT of money for sure, but I'm a little bit skeptical...
Old 04-27-2022, 07:11 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
They were the 28" wide Lippert Quad step. I already returned them and re-installed my old ones.

In order to get them on my rig, I would have had to get a L shaped bracket welded on the back of each side to clear the frame on my rig and hold it off and allow it to be attached to the frame on the bottom. Also the spacing on the top holes was 1/2 inch different from my old ones. We are headed out for a month long trip next and I could not get it done before we leave.
I ended up re-ordering this same step set and just cut the brackets off the old set and bolted them in place on the new steps. Almost 10 months use and they are just fine. Just a little springy but we support them with a board under the bottom.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:48 PM   #23

Cadman, I did the change from the MorRyde to the TorkLift Uprising shortly after we got the Pinnacle. Our rv garage is tight on the door side and I could not get the MorRyde steps down. I have not jumped up and down on them but I honestly did not notice any difference in stability from the MorRyde. They are plenty solid on each step for us. We are not large people if that makes a difference to you but we have been very pleased with them. I can't do a jump test for you as our Pinnacle is at our dealer getting a new Equalizer hydraulic pump to replace a leaky one. There might be a difference in really heavy use like jumping but not something we would do.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_IMG_0381 (2).jpg   thumbnail_IMG_0382 (2).jpg  
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 08:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
Cadman, I did the change from the MorRyde to the TorkLift Uprising shortly after we got the Pinnacle. Our rv garage is tight on the door side and I could not get the MorRyde steps down. I have not jumped up and down on them but I honestly did not notice any difference in stability from the MorRyde. They are plenty solid on each step for us. We are not large people if that makes a difference to you but we have been very pleased with them. I can't do a jump test for you as our Pinnacle is at our dealer getting a new Equalizer hydraulic pump to replace a leaky one. There might be a difference in really heavy use like jumping but not something we would do.
Thank you for the reply! That's good to know! My jumping up and down example was definitely an extreme one, but even when I watch people walk on the TorkLift steps they appear to have more give than the MorRyde steps. That might definitely be an illusion as well, and the MorRydes might be sagging that much too, we just don't notice it, which would indicate that there's not much difference between the two steps.

Have a great day, and hope you get your unit back soon!!
Old 04-27-2022, 08:28 PM   #25

I just visited the MorRyde website, and the Gen2 steps WITHOUT the gas assist now have a pin that you can remove so that you can remove the step unit. That is not available on the gas assisted steps, however, which is what we have...
Old 04-28-2022, 06:35 AM   #26

I just remembered something else I ran across when I was researching which steps to get. On some forum someone pointed out that the well for mounting the old style steps was still there, just covered by the sheet metal. I think they had done the conversion. I looked and sure enough it's still there on mine. I actually thought about doing it until I found the Uprising.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:02 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
I just remembered something else I ran across when I was researching which steps to get. On some forum someone pointed out that the well for mounting the old style steps was still there, just covered by the sheet metal. I think they had done the conversion. I looked and sure enough it's still there on mine. I actually thought about doing it until I found the Uprising.
Interesting. I haven't looked under there to see if I have that cutout or not. I definitely like the look of the steps NOT being there for sure. Also, as I watched some videos on the Uprising vs. the Revolution (?), I wasn't as keen on the outboard steps as the inside. There seemed to be more involved in getting them setup correctly, as opposed to just pulling down and you're done...