Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2020, 08:12 AM   #1

Morryde steps

I puchased a new 28.5RSTS a couple of months ago. After bringing it home, I have to put levelers on the right 2 wheels. Had to lift if 1 1/2". The steps that came with it are Morryde 3 step. With the rails in the last hole, I need to put 3" of wood under them. There are 16" tires and the springs are in the top holes.
Dealer says it was fine when it left the dealership.
Morryde states anything over 36" needs a 4 step.

Wondering if anyone else has this model and tire size with the Morryde steps and what came with yours.

Thanks ahead for any help
rofrido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofrido View Post
I puchased a new 28.5RSTS a couple of months ago. After bringing it home, I have to put levelers on the right 2 wheels. Had to lift if 1 1/2". The steps that came with it are Morryde 3 step. With the rails in the last hole, I need to put 3" of wood under them. There are 16" tires and the springs are in the top holes.

Wondering if anyone else has this model and tire size with the Morryde steps and what came with yours.

With 16" tires I would say you definitely need a four step. You should never have to put anything under the feet. They have plenty adjustment to compensate. I'd haul it back to the dealership and let them tell you it's "fine".
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:20 PM   #3

We have the same FW with 16” tires. The dealer installed the 4 step Morryde steps on ours and they work well. Never had a problem with length. The dealer said that with the 16 inch tires you have to go with the 4 step.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nOZ View Post
We have the same FW with 16” tires. The dealer installed the 4 step Morryde steps on ours and they work well. Never had a problem with length. The dealer said that with the 16 inch tires you have to go with the 4 step.
That's what I thought. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
With 16" tires I would say you definitely need a four step. You should never have to put anything under the feet. They have plenty adjustment to compensate. I'd haul it back to the dealership and let them tell you it's "fine".
The way it is now the first step is 15". Not good. I will call them to order the 4 step then bring it in and show them.
Thanks for the info.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
What Al said...

Dave

2018 Ford F350 6.7 SRW
2018 Jayco North Point 315RLTS
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofrido View Post

I have the same model as yours. It is a 2017. I installed the four step Morryde and it is prefect. the three step wouldn't work as you found out.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote