Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2022, 01:48 PM   #1

Moryde X factor cross member

I am going to add shocks to my 321RSTS and am thinking of adding the Moryde cross member also. Anyone add the cross member to a 321 and your thoughts on if they are needed. I am looking at $425 to purchase 3 of them.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:12 PM   #2

I had them on my previous trailer due to previous frame issues. From what read they will not fit on the Pinnacle hangers due to the extra support piece welded inside the hanger bracket. Not sure about your trailer and if your hanger brackets have that extra piece?

Check their website carefully for ordering instructions and compare to your hanger brackets....Please let me know if I'm wrong.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:16 PM   #3

Thank you for the response. I do have the reinforcement welded on the center support brackets and was wondering if they would fit. I will give Moryde a call.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:49 PM   #4

I added them early last year to my 2018 Octane T-30-F. Then did a 7K miles road trip. Trailer towed better with them, vice before without them. Dual axle & did all 3 as suggested by Moryde. I also go down fire roads, etc for hunting & wanted something to reduce / eliminate the shackle / frame breaking issue on rough roads or sharp turns that I had been reading about. So far that has not been a problem. Note that I already had wetbolt kit & the thicker shackles prior to the X-factor brace install.

As suggested, contact them. I took pictures w/ tape measure of all connection areas & emailed to the person I talked to. They then confirmed they would work for me. You might want to do the same. As stated, it does help stiffen up the lateral swing of the suspension.
AZMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:03 PM   #5

[QUOTE=AZMarine;1057822]I added them early last year to my 2018 Octane T-30-F. Then did a 7K miles road trip. Trailer towed better with them, vice before without them. Dual axle & did all 3 as suggested by Moryde. I also go down fire roads, etc for hunting & wanted something to reduce / eliminate the shackle / frame breaking issue on rough roads or sharp turns that I had been reading about. So far that has not been a problem. Note that I already had wetbolt kit & the thicker shackles prior to the X-factor brace install.

As suggested, contact them. I took pictures w/ tape measure of all connection areas & emailed to the person I talked to. They then confirmed they would work for me. You might want to do the same. As stated, it does help stiffen up the lateral swing of the suspension.[/QUOTE Thanks AZ. That is what is what I plan to do.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
I had them on my previous trailer due to previous frame issues. From what read they will not fit on the Pinnacle hangers due to the extra support piece welded inside the hanger bracket. Not sure about your trailer and if your hanger brackets have that extra piece?

Check their website carefully for ordering instructions and compare to your hanger brackets....Please let me know if I'm wrong.
I ordered a set for my Pinnacle at the same time I did the Roadmaster shocks. I had no problem installing them other than the muscle required at my advanced age. I do know the shocks made a real difference but I'm just not sure how much the X Factor's contributed. The MorRyde shackles already have a cross member so only needed 2 of them. The model number I used was U021-003.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:00 AM   #7

great info...thanks!

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote