Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2016, 10:58 PM   #21

There's that switching device up near the living room stereo , in the cabinet to the left, that switches between aux and sat (I think...)

It might be a long shot, but did you switch that over? It's a push button next to the coax connector.

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:32 AM   #22

Perfect, there's a Home Depot a block from my campground, I'll pick this up tonight on my way home! Thanks Rustysocket

seansbass1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
There's that switching device up near the living room stereo , in the cabinet to the left, that switches between aux and sat (I think...)

It might be a long shot, but did you switch that over? It's a push button next to the coax connector.

I just want to make sure were all on the same page and calling the inputs the same thing.

On the docking station you will have three inputs. Sat, Cable, and Aux. The wiring for the Sat and Aux inputs are the only ones you need to use. They really should be labelled Sat 1 and Sat 2 and are individual runs of Coax from the docking station to the Living Room and to the Master Bedroom specifically for Sattelite installations, These runs are independent of each other.

The Cable input on the docking station runs throughout the rig and is what get the cable signal to the booster behind the living room television. In addition if your remove that booster you will also see that the OTA (over the air antenna) is also connected to the back of the booster. There is a switch on the booster that allows you to turn the amplifier section on for OTA signal and off for Cable signal. These runs of coax do have splitters and deliver that signal throughout the trailer.

Where it gets kind of confusing is the panel in the bedroom has a place for cable/ota and sattelite. Even though they come out of the same panel they are independent runs.

Don't get yourself confused trying to wire in the OTA/Cable wiring into the Sattelite wiring, it needs to remain separate and none of those wires are connected to your swm splitter.

The wire tracing tool was a huge timesaver because even though my guy had done lots of these systems and was able to step me through the logical portion of the install in my head having positive verification that we were on the right coax.

I don't know if it came up but I am using HDMI to go from the sat receiver to the Television.

We did take a small tv into the passthrough and verified that the system was working before we began connecting up to the trailer wiring.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:14 PM   #24

So, I called Jayco today to tell them about some warranty work I'm going to need done and I asked him for the diagram of the coax cables. He very happily sent them to me! Really friendly people, unfortunately they put a nice little disclaimer on their e-mail pretty much saying these are for you only unless we literally tell you they can be public. An easy way to get them is to email them at Service@jayco.com .

They support exactly what Rustysocket is saying, the 'Sat' connection literally just goes directly to the living room TV as its own branch, there are no splitters whatsoever on that line. The 'AUX' goes to a three way splitter to the Bedroom TV and the Passthrough Hookup, then a two way splitter off the third branch going to the Loft and the Den.

This doesn't explain why the living room receiver isn't working, because it is getting direct feed from the Travler. I have a spare TV I'm planning on using in the passthrough that I can Test the connection coming from the Travler. I really hope its not that coax because its already Dicor'd down under the cable cover! I'll post an update tonight or in the morning.
seansbass1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:48 PM   #25

Did you have your power inserter plugged in and connected and also the deadhead resistors in place on the swm splitter?
Old 10-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #26

As I recall, all ends of the coax runs after the SWM splitter have to be capped with a 75 ohm terminator as well. I don't have my instructions in front of me, but maybe check that.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:50 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
Did you have your power inserter plugged in and connected and also the deadhead resistors in place on the swm splitter?
Beat me to it!
Old 10-04-2016, 08:07 PM   #28

Yes, then I disconnected the splitter altogether. I went straight to the satellite feed going to the living room. After 1hr on the phone and 2 receivers I have nothing. He gave me a number to Directv's RV department. I'm too infuriated and panicked at the same time to call them. So after hanging up with him and putting everything back in the undercarriage for the night, I decide to climb on the roof and make sure everything is hooked up still. It is, but I have a roof emergency now!!!!

So when I drilled through the roof to run the wires, I hit a AC duct. I didn't think to much of it since the dicor should seal it. It did, but now the condensation is under the rubber roof!!! I'm kinda freaking out since I can't do anything about it until tomorrow evening and the family is here so it's got to stay on in this Texas heat. I have no idea how they can fix the duct without literally taking the ceiling out in a section of the bathroom. Yup, I'm pretty much over the dish right now, totally wish I would have paid the $800 or whatever it would have costed for a professional at this point.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansbass1 View Post
Yes, then I disconnected the splitter altogether. I went straight to the satellite feed going to the living room. After 1hr on the phone and 2 receivers I have nothing. He gave me a number to Directv's RV department. I'm too infuriated and panicked at the same time to call them. So after hanging up with him and putting everything back in the undercarriage for the night, I decide to climb on the roof and make sure everything is hooked up still. It is, but I have a roof emergency now!!!!

So when I drilled through the roof to run the wires, I hit a AC duct. I didn't think to much of it since the dicor should seal it. It did, but now the condensation is under the rubber roof!!! I'm kinda freaking out since I can't do anything about it until tomorrow evening and the family is here so it's got to stay on in this Texas heat. I have no idea how they can fix the duct without literally taking the ceiling out in a section of the bathroom. Yup, I'm pretty much over the dish right now, totally wish I would have paid the $800 or whatever it would have costed for a professional at this point.
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear all that! I wouldn't have thought the condensation would work its way upward under the roof. No chance it's a leak from the top down? That'd be an easier fix I think. Keep us posted!

My wife keeps telling me to have ours professionally installed, and this has me debating it! I'm also contemplating mounting it on a dolly somehow and pulling it out and anchoring it down when I want to use it. It'd also make it possible to tailgate with it separately from the RV. I think I'm more worried about it disappearing in the middle of the night!

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
Old 10-04-2016, 08:43 PM   #30

I will. I'm going to call a RV repair place tomorrow and get them to take a look. It's just the Texas heat and the cold AC. It hasn't rained so it HAS to be from the condensation. I'm literally almost 2 feet from parallel with the AC vent in line with the Bunk and the bathroom. I have no idea what the hell the duct was doing over there. Does anybody know of comprehensive coverage covers DIY screw ups?