Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2018, 08:26 PM   #1

Need 30.5MBOK pics and info

The nearest 30.5MBOK is a few hours from me. I can’t seem to find pic or videos that include the water/flush/wastewater fittings/valves/etc. Can anyone post pics of:
  • What’s behind the “Docking Station” door
  • The wastewater drain(s) (is there more than one?)
  • The wastewater valves (if not in the drain pic)

Is there a built in winterizing setup?
Do the two gray tanks fill together, overflow into the other, or are they separate?

Thanks!
Nights Camped Last Year: 37
Each is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #2

Mine may not be the same as yours, but....

I have three grey tanks. Front is for bathroom, middle is kitchen sink and rear is outdoor kitchen sink (about 8gal). The front two have individual drain handles but they drain out the main line that is also connected to the black tank.

None of the grey tanks are interconnected. But, if you put a slide valve on the sewer drain outlet you could close it and open both grey tank valves to connect them. CAUTION. If there is a leak in the black tank valve you will get black sewage in your grey tanks. Not a good thing as it means fully disinfecting your grey tanks.

The outside kitchen sink tank drains from a separate outlet at the back of the trailer.

Ours is a base model so may be different from yours. There is a system for sanitizing and winterizing. You have to go inside the front left storage compartment and there is a small hatch on the rear wall. Unscrew the two screws holding it. Then you will see the additional valves referred to you in your manual as well as the siphon hose for sanitizing and winterizing (it is a clear plastic hose).

The 'control panel' is also different depending on which options you have. Mainly it is where you connect the city water and your TV cable/satellite. There is also a water connection for the black tank flush.

You should be able to download a manual that shows all this.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:20 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the links to the manuals on Jayco’s website are broken.
Nights Camped Last Year: 37
Old 05-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #4

I have a 30.5. The two grey tanks and one black tanks all drain at one port. The three valve handles are not together, but are nearby each other underneath the camper.

Behind the utility door is a city water inlet with a lever to choose for filling the fresh water tank or bypassing it. There is a black tank flush connection, two coaxial inputs, a quick connect for a small diameter coil hose with a sprayer (there’s also a quick connect on the other side for this) and lastly a little light switch that simply lights the switch itself to provide some light just inside the compartment.
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:46 PM   #5

One gray tank is for shower the other is for kitchen sink. They are separate tanks, but again there is only one dump point.

I just winterize it by blowing air, but there is a screw off panel inside the basement door and behind it is a fill tube to suck up antifreeze and also two low point drains that you must reach down to find.
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:35 AM   #6

Thanks Wire. Both posts were very helpful.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:31 AM   #7

My 2018 North Point 351RLTS has 2 grey water tanks. Is one of them dedicated to the optional washer machine? The reason I ask is that only one of them fills up. If that's the case, and you do not have a washer machine then you're running around with a holding tank that you'll never use............correct?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote