Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #1

Need advice on Tire Pressure Monitor TPMS

I am thinking of buying a Tire Pressure Monitor System for my truck and 5th wheel. I have searched and have narrowed it down to the following 3 types.

TST 507

Tire Tracker (identical and same as tire minder and hawks Head made by same company)

Tire Safeguard

I am leaning towards the Tire Tracker, But several has told me that the TST is the way to go. The Tire Safeguard is not well know. I would like to hear from users who have any of the 3 listed and your thoughts. I am towing a 35 ft Designer with a ford crew cab. Don't know if I will need an extender or not. what are your thoughts? So far the Tire Tracker and Tire Safeguard are less expensive.
https://www.rvbloggersonline.blogspot.com
MHbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:11 AM   #2

We bought the TST 507 System, been using it about 6 months now.
Like the system, easy to setup, no problems.
8 Sensor 507 TST System $399
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
Site Team

I have the TST 510 system. Zero problems in 4 months. BTW, the replaceable batteries on the 507 system are over rated IMO.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #4

I have the 507 system and it works well. I have had zero problems and the user replaceable batteries are important to me. Even if I only have to replace them once every year or two, I don't have to mail them in for service. I can do it when I need to and right now.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #5

I just installed the TST 510 system this past weekend. It was simple to install now we will have to see how well they work. I searched for a while before purchasing the system. What I found is like everything you buy there are always people who don't like the product and those who do, life is a gamble.
Good luck.
silveradomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #6

We've got the TST 510 system and it works well. Remember that with this system you must have or install metal valve stems.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #7

I am still undecided. The TST 507 with 6 sensors is $359 and the TST 510 with 6 sensors is $299, But the sensors cost $19 each for battery replacement every five uears or less The 507's cost $1 to 2$ for user replaceable batteries. about 9 months to a year costing about $50 for 5 years of batteries against $120 for 5 years of batteies for the 510 But the Tire tracker with user replaceable batteries is only $289 and a 3 year warranty. I have not heard any bad reports on it. BTW the Tire traker, Tire Minder and the Hawks head are the same unit made by the same company with different names.
Mel
Old 06-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #8

I am now down to the Nitty Gritty on deciding which TPMS System to get. I do have a few more questions and some checking to do. Does anyone have the sensor specs on the TST sytem. It appears that TST does not post a manual or a spec sheet on their website like the other TPMS manufacture's do. I wonder why? All of the other Manufacturer's spec sheets show the sensor Freq as 422.92Mhz and transmission power as 10DBm. I found a Site that advertises a 6 sensor system for $289 and the monitor, sensors, bracket, anti theft wrench, power cord, mounting bracket, ECT all look the same. The sensors take replaceable batteries use the same TST wrench to install and are only $35 each. TST charges $50 each in sets of 2. These sensors also come with extra Gaskets for when replacing the batteries. If anyone could send me a PM or Email with a spec sheet or manual on the TST 507 system I would appreciate it. I wonder if TST gets their units from the same china supplier as the other companies and is ripping us off with a higher price? They might not be or their product might have features the others don't. The one unit that I am now leaning towards, appears to have all of the same features like the TST system. Remember Hawks Head, Tire Minder and Tire Traker are Identical and made by the same company in China. Just different names. Guess I will check Ali Babba and see if I can get more info on TST.
Mel
Old 06-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #9

Don't kid yourself......all the aftermarket TPMS are made in China, including TST.