Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #1

Need help getting in touch with Jayco

So I know there have been phone numbers posted to reach Jayco. I have spent hours on hold and get nowhere. Our propane regulator was bad and caused the refrigerator to not switch to the second full tank which caused a mess as you can imagine. The trailer was at a campsite for a week and seems someone turned our power off at some point. Either way, we had plenty of propane to run it for a week. Dealer turned in claim to have refrigerator replaced and Jayco is denying. Told us to try to call as owners sometimes get further than dealers. If anyone has a different phone number to call would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.
Shirlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #2
Site Team

Is the fridge bad or just smells bad?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:00 PM   #3

Smells like death
Old 11-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #4
Site Team

Here are some numbers. Is your rig in warranty? Good luck with this one!

Jayco Phone Numbers
Toll-Free Number:
(888) 640-3110
Customer Service:
(574) 825-5861
(574) 825-5861
(888) 640-3110
(800) 283-8267
Call customer service
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Here are some numbers. Is your rig in warranty? Good luck with this one!
That would probably by an insurance claim not warranty.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:20 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That's kinda what I'm thinking too, if the power was off and the battery died, it wouldn't matter how much propane there was. The fridge running on 12 volt would shut off.

I wonder what the possibility of the fridge was actually running on 115v at the time, since the rig was plugged in to shore power?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Not insurance as part failed. The regulator was bad and had to be replaced.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
That's kinda what I'm thinking too, if the power was off and the battery died, it wouldn't matter how much propane there was. The fridge running on 12 volt would shut off.

I wonder what the possibility of the fridge was actually running on 115v at the time, since the rig was plugged in to shore power?
Have two batteries and they were not dead. The regulator didn’t switch tanks. They found regulator to be bad which they replaced.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirlee View Post
Have two batteries and they were not dead. The regulator didn’t switch tanks. They found regulator to be bad which they replaced.
Since JAYCO bought the regulator from a 3rd party they would be liable for the failure then not JAYCO.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:17 PM   #10

Good luck but I highly doubt they will give you a new fridge when it didn't fail. Like said, insurance should cover the fridge as someone killed your power. If not, go after the person that killed your power as they are the one truly at fault. Regulators and pigtails fail often. Fridge LP system isn't design to be an emergency backup. What if you would of ran out of both LP tanks, and/or battery power instead?
I'm sure the stink can be removed. Try googling fridge odor removal. I can't imagine people throw out working expensive fridges when power is lost. I've smelt fridges/freezers that failed and I know your stink pain.

I have two batteries and they will die before a week is up in July heat with all the loads removed but the fridge. Starting with fully charged batteries. When those cooling fans start to run, they will eat batteries up in a hurry. Plus the door partition heater, which can't be turned off.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #11

Service@jayco.com use email so you have a trail to follow up with.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:50 PM   #12

Put the last 8 letters/numbers of the serial # in the subject line of the email. Don't ask how I know.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Good luck but I highly doubt they will give you a new fridge when it didn't fail. Like said, insurance should cover the fridge as someone killed your power. If not, go after the person that killed your power as they are the one truly at fault. Regulators and pigtails fail often. Fridge LP system isn't design to be an emergency backup. What if you would of ran out of both LP tanks, and/or battery power instead?
I'm sure the stink can be removed. Try googling fridge odor removal. I can't imagine people throw out working expensive fridges when power is lost. I've smelt fridges/freezers that failed and I know your stink pain.

I have two batteries and they will die before a week is up in July heat with all the loads removed but the fridge. Starting with fully charged batteries. When those cooling fans start to run, they will eat batteries up in a hurry. Plus the door partition heater, which can't be turned off.

Earl
While I understand where you are coming from and understand what you’re saying...no one knows who turned the breaker off. It’s a mystery. Whoever hooked up next to me more than likely did it by mistake but no one is owning up to it. Insurance doesn’t cover the refrigerator because it’s not a covered loss under the policy....it wasn’t fire, wind, theft, etc. But again, my batteries were still charged, they were not dead. I opened the slides before I knew my power was off. So the batteries were never an issue. I understand that the systems isn’t designed as an emergency back up, but for a few days it would have been fine. As far as the smell I am open to any suggestions above and beyond what I have tried. It’s not as easy as one might imagine. We are using a bio digester recommenced by the restoration company. They are experienced in all type of foul smelling things. The stuff I’m using will deodorize a dumpster. But I am open to any suggestions.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:27 AM   #14

Did you contact the fridge manufacturer to see if they can recommend anything to remove the smell?

Do you have RV insurance or automotive insurance? Big difference between the two.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:55 AM   #15

Not sure on your dealer. Mine is Campingworld and lots of talk about them, good and bad. I have tracked warranty claims through the warranty department and my dealer. It's a painful experience but your direct involvement is paramount. Names, Times, Dates, at both ends is very important.

If your dealer sent a warranty claim request to Jayco, their warranty department has a tracking number, investigators name. Yes some here will tell you stories about being told by their service writer/parts department that a request has been sent, but I here to say "sometimes" Jayco knows nothing about it.

Additionally, I would follow up with the refrigerator manufacture, again name, date, time, and investigator if assigned.

Lots to do so I'll sign off and follow.. Good Luck!

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #16

This is not a warranty issue.
Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #17

Put some charcoal in it, a friends freezer died full of fish, really stunk. Three days later, smelled like new.
LarryB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:46 AM   #18

I call Jayco periodically and do not have issues. I call (800) 517-9137. Good luck
Love vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:33 PM   #19

Vanilla Extract has worked in trash bins...
jnpj6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:58 PM   #20

I use 574-825-5861 and have never had a problem except at lunch time on occasion.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote