Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2019, 04:26 PM   #1

Need help with EEZ Tire TPMS

Here's the deal. Second trip with these tire sensors and it continues to disconnect with the monitor. Usually it connects once turned on but about an hour into the trip I lose contact with one or two sensors. I'll turn the monitor off to keep from hearing the beeping and I'll turn it back on after about 15 minutes and once they all connect, all is fine for about another hour. I spoke to customer service and they said it could be interference from a weather station thermometer I keep in the rv. I disconnected those batteries before we left. No help. Could it be the Mopeka Tank Check sensors? Customer service wasn't much help. They said I may need a booster at $55. That's why I went with them cuz I didn't think I needed to booster. Anybody have any ideas? Next move is removing the Mopeka tank check sensors as we continue our trip tomorrow.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Here's the deal. Second trip with these tire sensors and it continues to disconnect with the monitor. Usually it connects once turned on but about an hour into the trip I lose contact with one or two sensors. I'll turn the monitor off to keep from hearing the beeping and I'll turn it back on after about 15 minutes and once they all connect, all is fine for about another hour. I spoke to customer service and they said it could be interference from a weather station thermometer I keep in the rv. I disconnected those batteries before we left. No help. Could it be the Mopeka Tank Check sensors? Customer service wasn't much help. They said I may need a booster at $55. That's why I went with them cuz I didn't think I needed to booster. Anybody have any ideas? Next move is removing the Mopeka tank check sensors as we continue our trip tomorrow.
Wish I could help. I have the same brand TPMS and have not had a problem. How long have you had it?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Wish I could help. I have the same brand TPMS and have not had a problem. How long have you had it?
It's brand new. Got it the Friday before Easter. And it came with a suction mount that was missing one of the nuts so they had to send out a new suction mount for me which I don't even use but it's the principal of the thing. I was gonna go with the tst-507 system cuz it included the booster but everyone said the EEZ could do it without the booster. Don't think so, evidently.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #4

Quote:
It's brand new. Got it the Friday before Easter. And it came with a suction mount that was missing one of the nuts so they had to send out a new suction mount for me which I don't even use but it's the principal of the thing. I was gonna go with the tst-507 system cuz it included the booster but everyone said the EEZ could do it without the booster. Don't think so, evidently.
Is it usually the same two sensors that you loose contact with? And if so, are they the sensors that are the farthest away?
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 05-04-2019, 05:40 PM   #5

Sensor batteries? Easy enough to replace them to confirm.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrnigan View Post
Sensor batteries? Easy enough to replace them to confirm.
x2, just because you would think that the batteries are brand new, doesn't mean that they may be defective. Worth a try.........a lot less than $$ than buying a extender.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 05-04-2019, 07:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Is it usually the same two sensors that you loose contact with? And if so, are they the sensors that are the farthest away?
No, it's random that loses contact with them. If it were the batteries, wouldn't the bad battery icon come on?
Old 05-04-2019, 07:58 PM   #8

Quote:
No, it's random that loses contact with them. If it were the batteries, wouldn't the bad battery icon come on?
I guess it should, but, I'd start with the batteries. If that doesn't work, you'll have spares. Hate to spend 55 bucks for an extender and find out that didn't fix it. Good luck
Old 05-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #9

I have the same system on my 30’ TT. I had the same issues when I first got it. Some trips it was flawless, other trips one or more would act intermittent. Turning off the display and then back on didn’t help. I changed all of the batteries without improvement. I finally bit the bullet and bought the booster from Amazon...all problems solved. Works great on every trip.

It’s really a great system and have no regrets buying it. I did have one sensor fail on my second trip, but a call to the company had a replacement on the way the same day.

FYI...I put an on/off switch in for the booster so I could turn it off while parked. It is an easy install and worth the money.
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:17 PM   #10

I am getting ready to purchase the EEZ tire TPMS and appreciate the comments. I have a question, our 321RSTS has rubber valve stems. Is anyone running the EEZ with rubber stems? Any issues with them? I would prefer not to change them out to metal unless necessary. Thanks
Dryheat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:26 PM   #11

For the first year I had rubber valve stems and they worked fine. Last month I put the new GY Endurance tires on and had the stems changed over to metal.

I am using the theft proof sensors which are smaller than the flow thru, but I don’t think that would make any difference.

When I bought my system I also got sensors for my TV, even though it has the factory TPMS...which is just an idiot light. Much easier to see what all of my tires are doing.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrnigan View Post
I guess it should, but, I'd start with the batteries. If that doesn't work, you'll have spares. Hate to spend 55 bucks for an extender and find out that didn't fix it. Good luck
All day today the two on the driver side were acting up going off and I had to reset it and then going off again all day.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #13

Simple solution: Booster. It will solve all of your problems.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #14

Crazy, i tow with a short bed Ram 2500 and have the 29.5BHOK and haven't had any connectivity issues with my EEZ Tire setup while traveling. Occasionally i'll have to power cycle the system to get one of the sensors to synch properly, but never once it's up and running have i lost connectivity.

@Dryheat36 - I have the rubber valve stems and am using the "theft-proof" version of the eeztire sensors and have no issues.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:49 PM   #15

Where do you have your monitor positions in your cab? On our Seneca, I first had it sitting in the ashtray at the bottom of the dash and would loose sensors like you. I moved it up on the overhead above the visor and dropped sensors never happen now. Last trip I forgot to charge it and had to set in the ashtray to charge and dropped 2 sensors in less than 5 minutes. I like it up high where I can glance at it but if it won’t work there for you then as others have said, add the booster.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Where do you have your monitor positions in your cab? On our Seneca, I first had it sitting in the ashtray at the bottom of the dash and would loose sensors like you. I moved it up on the overhead above the visor and dropped sensors never happen now. Last trip I forgot to charge it and had to set in the ashtray to charge and dropped 2 sensors in less than 5 minutes. I like it up high where I can glance at it but if it won’t work there for you then as others have said, add the booster.
I've been keeping the monitor on my console between our seats. I tried putting it up on the dash and still lost sensors. I will try to mount it on the upper part of the windshield and see if that helps. They're sending a booster but I'm gonna try this first before paying them $55 for a damn booster.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #17

My rear axle transmitters are about 38' from my receiver. I keep the solar powered receiver on the dash of my truck. I don't really care about the display, I only look at it in the morning and when stopping for fuel. The audible warning is the most important feature for me. I have never had a problem with losing a signal. I do not have the EEZ brand.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #18

Update. They sent me the booster to try out on the way home from Kansas City. Had it connected one travel day out of the four. It was the only day all sensors stayed connected all day. Go figure. I need the booster. Guess I'm keeping it, lol.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:28 AM   #19

Awesome, I guess that this is my next mod.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Go figure. I need the booster. Guess I'm keeping it, lol.