Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2021, 02:15 PM   #1

Question Need measurements from a shower door handle 2017 377RLBH

I didn't latch the shower properly before driving. It has shattered one of the glass doors. I can have a new door made, but the hole for the handle has to be drilled before the glass is tempered.

Would anyone be able to tell me exactly how far from the edge of the glass the center of the "handle" is that the latch connects to?

I thought I could get height from the latch on the frame, as well as the depth, but I'm making a guess as to the center based on the latch. The glass shop said it is better to get measurements from an intact door if possible rather than extrapolating where the handle should go based on the latch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-17-2021, 06:32 AM   #2

You don't say what door you have but I assume it is the triple glass sliding type. I wish I could help but we just pulled ours out and gave it to someone who thought they needed it. Just a suggestion but would it be easier to just replace the whole thing? We replaced ours with a Nautilus retractable door that was easy to install and is much lighter as it uses some type of membrane for the door. It works really well and nothing to latch or break.

The wife did not like trying to keep the triple track of the glass door clean.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote