Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #1

Post New 2014 321RLTS

OOps! 321RLTS Eagle Premier!
Picked it up on Friday! All went smooth but what a Job since! How can a Camper be about 2ft longer than the old one and have less storage space? That is our problem now. Overhead storage tapers at both ends over the couch and chairs. And the stuff I had in compartments over the chairs in my old Designer now are taking up 8 overhead compartments in this one. We really like the new Camper but, we have to get rid of some "STUFF"! Not even as much room in the so called "walk in closset"! What a joke that is.
O.K. this so far sounds like we don't like the new Camper. But actually we do it is just a night mare finding where to put stuff that fit fine in the old one! I guess in time we will get it sorted out. We live in it now so things have to be figured out soon. With the old one we were only "Seasonal Camping"! So we had a lot more time to figure out where to put stuff! I guess we just have to be patient
I guess I am just blowing off steam. Been going to bed really tired at night. Lots of stress. I have a bad case of CRS too. So I can't find anything that I put away!
Biggest thing really is they said the 2014 models had LED lighting, but ours still had Halogen lights instead. Guess they are useing up what they had from 2013 and we got ours ordered to soon! Othere than that it seems to be a great unit. Hope it is as good as the old Designer. In the last 10 years the only problem we had with it was broken awning sprigs!
O.K. Rant over! Sorry it is so long I do tend to get windy!
Vietnam Vet USMC
judgerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #2

Do you know which LED's Jayco is using? I haven't found any that put out enough light in the ceiling lights vs the halogens.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #3

Don't know on the LED's, as I said we have Halogens. Looks like later models will get the LED lights when they exhaust the supply of Halogens!
Vietnam Vet USMC
Old 07-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #4

I am worried now that ours will come without some of the 2014 model updates.
jimandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandcarol View Post
I am worried now that ours will come without some of the 2014 model updates.
Don't know, They may have used the last of the Hlogen lights by now! We also don't have the lighted switches, and don't seem to have teh water filter! I do have one attached to the hose though so no biggie there!
At least so far everything seems to work as designed, we are pretty happy with that>
Good luck on yours!
Vietnam Vet USMC
Old 07-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #6

Judgerr-
I have a 2012 321 RLTS and mine has the water filter system. It is located behind the utility panel, there is an access panel on the front side of utility panel about a foot inside the compartment held in place by 4 screws. Let me know if I can be an assistance.
LA Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Scott View Post
Judgerr-
I have a 2012 321 RLTS and mine has the water filter system. It is located behind the utility panel, there is an access panel on the front side of utility panel about a foot inside the compartment held in place by 4 screws. Let me know if I can be an assistance.
Thanks for your help! I called dealer yesterday and was told that's where it was. They sure mount it stupid! Mine is sitting right on top of the water pump. I mean resting on it! Don't know if I will even be able to unscrew it to change the filter?? Was yours the same way? I'[m thinking it may be necessary to remove the whole, big panel to remove filter brkt. then change filter and reinstall!
Thanks again! judgerr
Vietnam Vet USMC
Old 07-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #8
Site Team

My filter was mounted under the sink. It was bypassed and a whole house filter re-located to the storage compartment for ease of access. Over a year and it has worked out well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0922.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	8879Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0921.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	8878
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgerr View Post
Thanks for your help! I called dealer yesterday and was told that's where it was. They sure mount it stupid! Mine is sitting right on top of the water pump. I mean resting on it! Don't know if I will even be able to unscrew it to change the filter?? Was yours the same way? I'[m thinking it may be necessary to remove the whole, big panel to remove filter brkt. then change filter and reinstall!
Thanks again! judgerr
My 2012 had the filter located in the same place, however it did not interfere with the pump. I took the filter out and replaced it with an accumulator tank. I now use a whole house filter outside of the camper on the water hose. I also added a drinking water filter under the sink with it's own spigot on the counter top next to the sink.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzwiss View Post
My 2012 had the filter located in the same place, however it did not interfere with the pump. I took the filter out and replaced it with an accumulator tank. I now use a whole house filter outside of the camper on the water hose. I also added a drinking water filter under the sink with it's own spigot on the counter top next to the sink.
I have a filter on the outside hose as well. So I am double filtered. Guess I will see what I have todo when it's time to change the filter in the compartment!

Thanks!
judgerr:applause:
Vietnam Vet USMC
Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
Site Team

I had heart failure when I priced the under sink, in-line filter that came with the rig. I am buying 5 for what that one would have cost to replace. Nice of them to include a by-pass hose.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #12

O.K. problems after one week in the new Camper! Found a leak, Seemed to be coming from under vanity for Bathroom sink. Took three screws out of panelunder sink, and manuvered panelout. No sign of leek there. Finally discoered leak in corner of shower Wife had put her broom in there and we didn't see it. When she pulled broom out it was wet. Sprayed waater in thet corner and found huge leak. Went and got some clear Chower caulk and patched it today. Will find out tonight if it still leaks.
By the way Wife wants the panel left out fromunder the sink. Lots more storage available that way. If you have or get a 32RLST you might want to remove it!
Also tried the DVD player in living room and discovered it plays only inl Black and White, also pictures is not clear. Removed four mounting screws and checked video plug. Even tried it in another spot to no availe. Think we may need a new unit. Should have tried it at PDI. But was assured that they had checked it and it played fine! Not bad I guess.
The thing that amazes me is , our Designer from2003 had a shower leak that took them all day to fix. Now 10 years later Jayco still can't install a shower that don't leak! But all in all we are adjusting to the new Camper. I f we don't have any more serious problems than what we have had in the first week we will be very happy!
Vietnam Vet USMC
Old 07-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #13

Sorry so long for a response but don't get on here much. My water pump is mount out in front of the filter so I can remove the housing. You should have room to remove the two or three screws that hold the filter mount and move it up 6 inches. If not, my pump is mounted to a piece of plywood that is mounted to the floor. You should be able to remove screws holding plywood and relocate the water pump if hose lengths allow. Sorry for the issues you are having. I have been lucky I guess and have not had any issues in the first year of ownership. I haven't tried my DVD player but I will next weekend while I am in the camper.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #14

Yep, That's what I figured I would have to do. But not going to worry about the filter till I need to change it. Today marks our first month in the unit. Pretty happy now. Got DVD palyer working Had to set TV to "Video" setting. Took the door off that covered the thing. Looks better in my opinion. And now we can see the clock. And the Satelite DVR! Instructions for setting the clock didn't work, but through trial and error found using the Set for the alarm worked to set the clock!
So after one month nno unsolvable problems so I, WE are pretty happy and satisfied with the Trailer!:applause:
Thanks everyone for Suggestions etc. Much appreciated!
Vietnam Vet USMC
Old 07-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #15

Glad you are finally enjoying the rig and got the issues figured out. Enjoy, we love our 2012 321 RLTS!!!