Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2018, 11:32 AM   #41

Few days after the build date? What if the build date is delayed? Has the VIN been issued? It took a month from the time my trailer rolled off the line til it was delivered to my dealer. Than they had it a couple weeks before I even saw it. I wouldn't sign anything on the loan. What if the trailer is a lemon? You can't walk cause you signed the load agreement. You owe that money. The money will be transferred to the dealer from the bank. Even if you got the loan voided, there will still be fees.
When I did my financing, my rate was locked in much longer than 60 days. Did the financing pre-authorization in January. Ordered on January 26th. Took delivery and signed bank paperwork April 26th.
Your dealer/their bank definitely works completely different than any place I ever bought and/or financed at.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:43 AM   #42

I have a 2018. Our build date was moved 6 weeks. Chances are pretty good the poster’s date is gonna get moved. I did my financing thru the dealer. It was locked for at least 90 days. If I were you I’d be asking myself if I really wanted to do business with this dealer. The Indiana RV Connection recommendation was a good idea. Call them, get a quote, ask them about financing. Otherwise, I agree with Earl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #43

We have a vin and an off line date of 3-12. I have 7 days after that to finalize the contract. That is when my 60 day lock is up.
whjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:09 PM   #44

How long will it take for shipping to the dealer? My trailer didn't show up to the dealer till a month after the build date. Than the dealer has to do the PDI. Depending on their schedule that could be a while. Like I mentioned on mine, it took a month to get to the dealer than they had it two weeks for PDI. I wouldn't be surprised if you make a payment before the trailer is actually yours due to the chance of manufacturing delay, shipping and dealer PDI. Just giving you a heads up is all. Not trying to burst your bubble.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:28 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjake View Post
We have a vin and an off line date of 3-12. I have 7 days after that to finalize the contract. That is when my 60 day lock is up.
Cooler heads DO prevail. Your dealer is on the up and up and I think you see that now.

Enjoy the camper when you take delivery.

Safe travels!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #46

I ordered the same trailer as whjake and my trailer came off the line the same week as his. My dealership (in SoCal) said the trailer is in route and I should get a call for a pickup late next week. I also got locked in a loan rate and they didn't say anything about expiring after 60 days. I would NOT sign any paperwork until after a full PDI is performed, regardless if I had the option get my money back. Especially with the particular dealership I am working with.
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote