Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2020, 07:25 AM   #41

Prevent sleep

All,
Give this a try with your BMPro Controller to prevent it from sleeping.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMPRO-Help-Guide-Prevent-Controller-Sleep-Mode-v1.0.pdf (938.7 KB, 122 views)

2019 F450 6.7L Power Stroke 4x4, 450HP 935lb-ft Torque 4.30 gears
2020 37MDQS Pinnacle
Bones1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #42

I have a 2020 330RSTS and am less than pleased with the BMPRO app for controlling systems on my rig.

First, the auto leveling system is “inactive”. I can’t control any of my jacks from the system. The dealer says that is just the way it is.

Next, the lowest setting on the thermostat for the furnace is 60 degrees. This appears to be a coding decision that some programmer made. This person obviously never owned a camper because there are plenty of situations when a lower setting is needed.

Third, the pad locks up constantly and I must do a hard reboot with a paper clip.

And finally, the dealer is completely clueless on how this thing works. It is way too complicated for them

I recommend avoiding this system. It is one of those technology tools that promises more than it delivers. It really takes away from the overall satisfaction of the rig.
Keit6473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:53 PM   #43

Hi Keit and welcome.
I would see if there is another dealer that could help me out. My dealer here in California was knowledgeable about the one in our rug. I love it on our fifth wheel. Do you use the basement or outside controller to level with? The fact that you have to do the reset seems to point to a bad tablet.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:04 PM   #44

I would also try Bones method of keeping the tablet from sleeping. I use a small solar charging panel from Amazon and my rigs battery is always at 12.5+ volts. The Bmpro as you can read here in this thread does not shut off with your batt. disconnect and will drain the battery. I actually dropped to 7.2 once and my BmPro still was working but couldnt use any other 12 volt stuff due to low current.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:50 AM   #45

I just used my rig in Disney for about 7 days and didn't have an issue with the app going to sleep. The only issue I had was when I was out the app decided to install firm ware and update itself with out my permission. When it did this it reset all of the settings and shut things down in the camper. This shut off my water heater AC and other things while I was gone. We had a dog in the camper so this could be a death sentence to the dog if the Rig had gotten hot enough. Lucky we came home after a couple hours and realized the AC was off. My in-laws told me it was updating and caused all kinds of errors. This should not be allowed to override the google settings of autoupdating something so critical in the rig. As you can tell I'm pretty upset with this feature.

2020 37MDQS Pinnacle
Old 02-17-2020, 11:54 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones1 View Post
I just used my rig in Disney for about 7 days and didn't have an issue with the app going to sleep. The only issue I had was when I was out the app decided to install firm ware and update itself with out my permission. When it did this it reset all of the settings and shut things down in the camper. This shut off my water heater AC and other things while I was gone. We had a dog in the camper so this could be a death sentence to the dog if the Rig had gotten hot enough. Lucky we came home after a couple hours and realized the AC was off. My in-laws told me it was updating and caused all kinds of errors. This should not be allowed to override the google settings of autoupdating something so critical in the rig. As you can tell I'm pretty upset with this feature.
Oh my word! This frightened me! As we have a new rig and we leave our dog sometimes when it’s too hot on the beach for her (she prefers the a/c ). If this crazy app turns my air off in there ������
Thanks for sharing. I pray you have shared with developers ?
BlessedGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:03 PM   #47

what I did to prevent it was disconnect the tablet from the internet. Unfortunately that prevents you from using the app while gone

2020 37MDQS Pinnacle
Old 02-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #48

Having the same issue. Contacted Jayco directly and no feedback yet. I suspect this will be a growing problem.. i have only had the thing for three months and my issues began a month ago. Best of luck.
masteagall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:07 PM   #49

Agreed. Having the same issues now. It's frustrating to no end. Best of luck.
masteagall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:56 PM   #50

I can answer one piece, '...thermostat for the furnace is 60 degrees' the lowest. Yes, there is a limit on low as there is on high. the lowest usually is 50-60 degrees. If you want it lower just replace it.
mboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:55 PM   #51

updated new app to my cell phone

I just recently did the new updated app to my cell phone. Now I can not pair my cell with controller in pinnacle fifth wheel. Any answers?
silverado 1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:02 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado 1950 View Post
I just recently did the new updated app to my cell phone. Now I can not pair my cell with controller in pinnacle fifth wheel. Any answers?
You probably reached the Blue tooth limit. I've had this happen you will have to clear the Bluetooth pairings unfortunately this will unpair the tablet and you will have to repair it as well.

2020 37MDQS Pinnacle
Old 02-18-2020, 06:58 PM   #53

I had the same problem. When I updated to version 1.10 on my Android, Bluetooth would no longer pair. I installed the app on my wife's new Android and it paired fine. My phone is running Android 10 and my wife's is Android 9. I downgraded to version 1.9 of the app on my Android and Bluetooth started pairing again in the app. Evidently there's a Bluetooth bug in the new 1.10 version that affects certain versions of Android.
bradsjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:57 PM   #54

Can not pair again to command center

Anyone have any insight as to why both my girlfriend and I cannot pair with the BM Pro command center? We paired just fine the day we bought it but it has had issues staying connected, so we both deleted and reinstalled the app on our phones as well as reset/removed the already paired devices to the command center. Now we can't pair at all after following the pairing instructions. The pair function works fine when I unpair the rv from the tablet and pair again.
Collaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:15 PM   #55

You could always try a full reboot of the system or you may need a firmware update

2020 37MDQS Pinnacle
Old 02-27-2020, 02:50 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayles View Post
I would also try Bones method of keeping the tablet from sleeping. I use a small solar charging panel from Amazon and my rigs battery is always at 12.5+ volts. The Bmpro as you can read here in this thread does not shut off with your batt. disconnect and will drain the battery. I actually dropped to 7.2 once and my BmPro still was working but couldnt use any other 12 volt stuff due to low current.
What type of solar panel did you go with to maintain charge when not in use? Thanks.
Headwaters36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:12 PM   #57

319 mlok

I rewired mine to actually shut off the BMPro. The fact that they designed this only to allow the "Optional" tire pressure sensors paired to the BMPro system is ridiculous in my opinion. If you are traveling around you more than likely will have the battery switch on and your tow rig will keep it charged up. Probably 99% of these coaches will spend time in storage and the amp draw I documented killed my battery in a week.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf owens mod battery switch disconnect and breakers.pdf (734.2 KB, 57 views)
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:51 PM   #58

Here's the panel I'm using. There is a youtube video of an install of one like it on Big truck Big rig's channel but I just used the connectors for the battery and went thru the hole in the battery compartment floor to the outside.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 04-28-2020, 06:59 AM   #59

How can I keep my BPpro from going to sleep after 48hrs. I like to leave the A/C,s on when we are gone for several days. When we return the camper is hot and I have to wake it up with the off and ext
hiltonkalusche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:31 PM   #60

We recently purchased a Jayco 2020 North Point. Almost every time we go into the camper the BMpro control center is blank. You can use the light buttons and slide out button but the screen is blank when you touch it. The dealer told us to pull it out and disconnect and reconnect it. Sometimes that works and other times it doesn’t. This camera has not even been out of the quonset since we purchased due to the coronavirus except to take back to dealer. They said they never had a problem so we went and picked it back up and still have the problem. We can see controls on my phone when we got connected but not on the display in the camper. Any suggestions?
dvkeiser is offline   Reply With Quote