Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2020, 04:34 PM   #81

Yep you are right if the wall panel still works when you switch off the 12 volt D/C. On our eagle me tuning off the 12 volt and back on reset it. On my rig with the 12 volt switch off the BmPro wont work but does draw a small amount of power. I found this out the hard way lol. That's why I have a small solar panel connected which when in storage keeps our battery at 12.5 volts.
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:53 PM   #82

Same for me, 18 RBM. JAYCOMMAND is always powered, even with the disconnect key out. I’ll be fixing the hat or installing a second (actual) cutoff switch
DBC130JPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:42 PM   #83

Jaycommand

So I just bought a 2021 Whitehawk 26RK with this system. Been at the dealer trying to fix it. Not even had a chance to use the camper yet. I am not very happy with this right now. It works fine on shore power but does not work at all on 12 volt. Of course the dealer can’t figure out what’s wrong. What a mess for a new camper.
Rosims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:17 PM   #84

Can you elaborate on this? Does the control panel have any power to it when you’re not on shore power? Or is it powered but nothing works?
DBC130JPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:14 AM   #85

It has power. When on 12 volts and you open the slide out, it opens about 2” stops and the screen goes blank and resets. This is with operating anything from the screen. The tech working on it says there is no voltage drop at the converter when this happens. Battery has been replaced. All connections from battery to converter have been checked. Problem is getting a wiring diagram or help from The manuf of the system. You call them, takes 24-48 hrs for them to call you back. Now this is what I am getting from the dealer. I have talked with the tech also to get this information.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:37 AM   #86

I’m sure that the tech has tried this, but does the same thing happen when operating the controls via cell phone? My experience with BMPro is they respond very quickly.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:40 AM   #87

After reading over this post again I see this system is generally not very good. I can vouch for that with mine. I haven’t even got to use the camper yet. I am thinking of backing out on the whole deal now. Why can’t they just put regular switches in also? I never had issues with the old systems. �� this looks to be a PITA for a long time. Maybe some one will make a kit to convert back to manual switches and a normal thermostat.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:42 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
I’m sure that the tech has tried this, but does the same thing happen when operating the controls via cell phone? My experience with BMPro is they respond very quickly.
Yes. Does the same thing with the app or thru the screen.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:47 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosims View Post
It has power. When on 12 volts and you open the slide out, it opens about 2” stops and the screen goes blank and resets. This is with operating anything from the screen. The tech working on it says there is no voltage drop at the converter when this happens. Battery has been replaced. All connections from battery to converter have been checked. Problem is getting a wiring diagram or help from The manuf of the system. You call them, takes 24-48 hrs for them to call you back. Now this is what I am getting from the dealer. I have talked with the tech also to get this information.
When on shore power everything works great. Hopefully they will get it figured out. I don’t understand why Jayco does not check all this out before it leaves the factory. They are lacking in their quality inspection department. This is my 3rd Jayco trailer and really disappointed in this one. Probably should have not got one built during COVID. Lol. Also disappointed in the dealer too. They should have checked everything before they told me it was ready to be picked up
Old 10-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #90

Quote:
After reading over this post again I see this system is generally not very good. I can vouch for that with mine. I haven’t even got to use the camper yet. I am thinking of backing out on the whole deal now. Why can’t they just put regular switches in also? I never had issues with the old systems. �� this looks to be a PITA for a long time. Maybe some one will make a kit to convert back to manual switches and a normal thermostat.
I like the system overall, it does have some quirks, but overall it operates very well. I hope that they get you situated, I can’t imagine it would be difficult to diagnose. To me it doesn’t sound like it’s the BMPro, but something with the 12v system.

Replacing this with switches would not be an easy task.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:48 PM   #91

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
I like the system overall, it does have some quirks, but overall it operates very well. I hope that they get you situated, I can’t imagine it would be difficult to diagnose. To me it doesn’t sound like it’s the BMPro, but something with the 12v system.

Replacing this with switches would not be an easy task.
My guess is it’s 12 volt system also. But I am at the mercy of the dealership now. I’ve had it a total of 2 days. They have had it all week and still can’t fix it. But from what they tell me, it’s getting calls back from Jayco. We will see hopefully they get it fixed. If not I may just have to call them myself and diagnose it. So much for a warranty. :facepalm. We will see what happens next week. Already had to cancel a trip. Just my luck though. I hope it’s not doomed from the start. At least I do have the option of backing out. Don’t want to do that tho.
Old 10-11-2020, 03:59 PM   #92

Not that it helps, but when I went to take delivery of mine, the levelers didn’t work. I didn’t get it for another 4 days, and it sucks. I feel your pain, they’ll get you sorted I’m sure.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:12 PM   #93

Okay I have a update. Went and spent the afternoon at the dealer troubleshooting my camper. Yes, I am working on it. Did make a lot of progress and have found the issue. There is no issue wi5 the BMPro system. After some intense electrical troubleshooting, The node (main BMPro board) has a main positive and negative feed. The negative feed wire is the issue. Simply ran a wire from the neg terminal on the board directly to the battery and wow, everything worked on 12v perfectly. Now for the sad part, the neg wire in the camper that has a grounding issue. Can’t find the other end anywhere. Waiting on wiring diagram and junction box locations from Jayco now.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:21 PM   #94

Quote:
Okay I have a update. Went and spent the afternoon at the dealer troubleshooting my camper. Yes, I am working on it. Did make a lot of progress and have found the issue. There is no issue wi5 the BMPro system. After some intense electrical troubleshooting, The node (main BMPro board) has a main positive and negative feed. The negative feed wire is the issue. Simply ran a wire from the neg terminal on the board directly to the battery and wow, everything worked on 12v perfectly. Now for the sad part, the neg wire in the camper that has a grounding issue. Can’t find the other end anywhere. Waiting on wiring diagram and junction box locations from Jayco now.

Wow good news. Can you use a tone generator and probe to find the wire?
Favorite tool of telecomm workers and can be found at big-box stores. Good luck.
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:33 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keit6473 View Post

Next, the lowest setting on the thermostat for the furnace is 60 degrees. This appears to be a coding decision that some programmer made. This person obviously never owned a camper because there are plenty of situations when a lower setting is needed.

@Keit6473

I know this was awhile ago, but I just had my North Point at the dealer for some warranty work and they performed a firmware update on the BMPro. I can now adjust the temp below 60, i have it set for 45 right now.

So if you haven’t done so, perhaps give that update a go. It might help with your other issues as well.
peoples1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:03 PM   #96

Has anyone had trouble with Equalizer Hydraulic losing autolevel when BMPro is attached? Equalizer had me unplug BMPro patch cable. Works like a charm but I have no leveling from my touch pad or phone. Everyone is pointing fingers at each other.
h3is3m2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:10 PM   #97

I have a 2021 321rsts. The bluetooth would not work outside the camper. BMPro says I need a new node with an antenna to get better bluetooth reception. The tpms did not work either.
buggyman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:00 PM   #98

Mine switch quit working do you know how to take off. Is there batteries inside?
Mberwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:17 PM   #99

Bmpro

I want to contact them for support. Looking for their phone number. Thanks
David vorenkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 07:21 AM   #100

BM Pro

Yesterday we walked up to the BM Pro panel and although we could see the display, everything was greyed out and wouldn’t respond to touch. Any idea why this happened?
No interruption in power that we know of or other usual event had occurred.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote