Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2023, 06:12 AM   #181

Ours went in for warranty work, and while there, they allowed the batteries in the camper to go very low as I was able to watch through BMPRO, lol. All was good driving home, just over 300 miles, and the next 2 days, before it went in the same boot loop. I had no idea what had happened, and since then I have gotten an education on it here. I ended up taking it off and charging it in the house with a higher-powered charger. It seems to have worked, as it is working just fine, but I do wonder if any damage has been done to the battery
Old 01-05-2023, 04:18 PM   #182

I had mine in service 2 weeks ago (I turned off the breakers for the fridge and inverter before leaving the house) and they worked on it the day after drop-off. They then moved it to the holding area and left the lights, inverter and Fridge on. I had looked at the app on my phone earlier and noticed the battery was being charged. Later that night I went to use my phone and noticed the app was still open and the battery was down to 11.1 volts. I turned off the Lights and closed the app (at this time did not realized the fridge was still on). Temps dropped to 24 degrees over night so I checked the battery and it was down to 5 volts, by the time I got to the dealer the battery was down to 3 volts. When I dropped it off I told them to let me know once they completed the items that needed too be replaced and diagnosed the other issues to call me and let me know so I could bring it home and connect to the power. I told them that if they left it in the holding area that the battery was going to die and that would result in them replacing a 6 month old battery and possibly the JayCommand Controller. They thought that turning the main battery off would save the battery and the JayCommand Controller. I had to inform them that was not the case that the inverter was still powered up. I had a long hot talk with the service advisor and dealer manager. I then brought the unit home until they have the approvals for repairs and parts.
NCRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 05:57 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRetired View Post
I had mine in service 2 weeks ago (I turned off the breakers for the fridge and inverter before leaving the house) and they worked on it the day after drop-off. They then moved it to the holding area and left the lights, inverter and Fridge on. I had looked at the app on my phone earlier and noticed the battery was being charged. Later that night I went to use my phone and noticed the app was still open and the battery was down to 11.1 volts. I turned off the Lights and closed the app (at this time did not realized the fridge was still on). Temps dropped to 24 degrees over night so I checked the battery and it was down to 5 volts, by the time I got to the dealer the battery was down to 3 volts. When I dropped it off I told them to let me know once they completed the items that needed too be replaced and diagnosed the other issues to call me and let me know so I could bring it home and connect to the power. I told them that if they left it in the holding area that the battery was going to die and that would result in them replacing a 6 month old battery and possibly the JayCommand Controller. They thought that turning the main battery off would save the battery and the JayCommand Controller. I had to inform them that was not the case that the inverter was still powered up. I had a long hot talk with the service advisor and dealer manager. I then brought the unit home until they have the approvals for repairs and parts.

First of all, welcome. And from the big city of Benson? My wife hails from Coats, lol. We live just outside of New Bern these days, Vanceboro. They had ours for almost a month, and being over 300 miles away, there was no question about bringing it home until they had parts. The work included fiberglass work and paint, and what took so long. I turned off the battery switch per instructions, and ASSUMED they knew to keep power on it or turn off the fridge/inverter after a while. About 2 weeks into this, I accidentally stumbled on them working on it as the JayCommand was working, and the battery was down to 11.1V, just like yours. I watched it for the next day and called our salesman the next morning when I saw the volts at 9.5. He called back that afternoon saying that the battery switch was off. By then, the voltage was down around 6V. They say that assumption is the mother of disaster, and why I expected them to know that the fridge/inverter would draw power anytime they worked on it. They specifically told us to just clean the fridge, and turn battery switch off. I even asked about the breaker, and was told no, leave alone. What is more interesting, is the fact that the BMPRO tablet worked perfectly during the pickup process and the next 3 days, meaning that the battery had gotten low enough so as not to be able to charge the tablet, but enough juice to run it for a few days. of course, it then went in the boot loop. Dealer knows about it and mentioned they have had to replace a few. Amazing! The furnace had never really worked well from day one, they replaced the board, and it worked fine until last week at home. it would not do anything but give the one red light blink every 3 seconds. They are sending me a new sail switch. We will see.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:15 AM   #184

Thanks for the welcome and nice to meet you. My wife’s mom was from Coats (last name of Norris). I lived in Grifton until I was 14 then moved to Raleigh. We moved to McGee’s Cross Roads after 18 yrs in the Army and have been here for 30 yrs.
You are right about the assumption that someone would know their job and how the equipment they are working on works. When I had to turn-in our old White Hawk for work I always turned the fridge off and defrosted. The battery still dropped but at a much slower rate (it would last a couple weeks not a few days. It did not have a battery shutoff until I but one on the battery. Once that was done I could leave the trailer at the dealer for weeks at a time for repairs as long as they turned the battery switch on and off as needed. The thing is that trailer did not have a residential fridge, inverter and computer system with a controller that requires power to keep the internal batteries charged.
I tested my Eagle when I got it in my driveway. I unplugged the shore power and left the battery switch on fridge still worked, all lights worked, water pumps worked and I could still use the controller. I turned off the battery switch and the fridge still worked, some lights worked and the controller still worked. With battery switch still turned off I turned the inverter at its control panel and then the fridge was off but still had some lights and controller. Battery switch on, shore power plugged in and inverter off everything worked as it should. I learned alot with this test. I now turn the breaker for fridge off so it does not come on when in for repair.
NCRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:00 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRetired View Post
Thanks for the welcome and nice to meet you. My wife’s mom was from Coats (last name of Norris). I lived in Grifton until I was 14 then moved to Raleigh. We moved to McGee’s Cross Roads after 18 yrs in the Army and have been here for 30 yrs.
You are right about the assumption that someone would know their job and how the equipment they are working on works. When I had to turn-in our old White Hawk for work I always turned the fridge off and defrosted. The battery still dropped but at a much slower rate (it would last a couple weeks not a few days. It did not have a battery shutoff until I but one on the battery. Once that was done I could leave the trailer at the dealer for weeks at a time for repairs as long as they turned the battery switch on and off as needed. The thing is that trailer did not have a residential fridge, inverter and computer system with a controller that requires power to keep the internal batteries charged.
I tested my Eagle when I got it in my driveway. I unplugged the shore power and left the battery switch on fridge still worked, all lights worked, water pumps worked and I could still use the controller. I turned off the battery switch and the fridge still worked, some lights worked and the controller still worked. With battery switch still turned off I turned the inverter at its control panel and then the fridge was off but still had some lights and controller. Battery switch on, shore power plugged in and inverter off everything worked as it should. I learned alot with this test. I now turn the breaker for fridge off so it does not come on when in for repair.
Great idea about the fridge and breaker. I thought about it but let them talk me out of it. I won't let it happen again! My wife's maiden name is Barnes, and there are a ton of Barnes in that area. I know McGee's very well from our dating days, lol. I was living and giving flying lessons in Sanford. I was a young 23-year-old pup back then. If you leave Grifton and get on River Road, you will be at our place in 15-20 minutes. I have a cousin that lived there for years, now living in Indianapolis.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:48 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Ours went in for warranty work, and while there, they allowed the batteries in the camper to go very low as I was able to watch through BMPRO, lol. All was good driving home, just over 300 miles, and the next 2 days, before it went in the same boot loop. I had no idea what had happened, and since then I have gotten an education on it here. I ended up taking it off and charging it in the house with a higher-powered charger. It seems to have worked, as it is working just fine, but I do wonder if any damage has been done to the battery
Well, spoke too soon. Woke up this morning to the boot loop sequence with the tablet, so it appears they killed the battery. Charging it in the house now, we leave Tuesday for a two-week trip to Camp Margaritaville in Fla. I will pack a higher power charger in case I have to do it again while down there. Our dealer is aware this might happen and mentioned they have replaced some in the past for the same issues. I will call him tomorrow
Old 01-08-2023, 09:00 AM   #187

G’morning
It appears I’ve joined the club of the never ending boot loop. I’ve just gotten the unit off the wall but honestly I’m a little intimidated on next steps It appears the usb charging plug is mounted to the frame. Is the next step to unscrew/remove the circuit board and then pry/slide the tablet to the right to unplug and remove? I’m a little leery since the plug seems to be pretty ridgid.
As always appreciate any insights you can provide
Thanks
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 01:06 PM   #188

Standby and I will post pictures and an explanation, not hard at all
Old 01-08-2023, 01:31 PM   #189

Ok, it is not hard, just looks that way. Start with the two small screws on the green board. Next, on one picture notice the little tabs, one on each end of the board. Gently push them down, one at a time, to release the board. Now gently flip the board out of the way as shown in another picture. Notice the attached tape, so don't pull too hard, shouldn't have to. Next picture shows the top of the bezel where the tablet is. Those two little plastic pieces holding the tablet down. I found, using a small flat head screwdriver to get around the top of the tablet to help it pop off. Just a little pressure, not much needed, and you are done. Disconnect the mini-USB connector and, next picture, I am using an IPAD wall plug and mini-USB connector. It will charge it in no time, but the trick will be days later if it repeats the boot loop, you will know the battery is gone. Mine lasted close to 2 weeks, I think, and fully powered the entire time. If under warranty, contact dealer then, if not, other solutions have been posted, from replacing with generic tablets, to a battery swap. I do have an amazon link to a battery someone used to fix his. This will require soldering though, so a little more involved.
Attached Thumbnails
20230108_140359[1].jpg   20230108_140505[1].jpg   20230108_140417[1].jpg   20230108_140348[1].jpg  
Old 01-08-2023, 01:34 PM   #190

And we leave on a 2-week trip to Florida on Tuesday, so may have to repeat if it goes down and still want to use the tablet.
Old 01-08-2023, 01:43 PM   #191

Thank you thank you
A picture is worth a 1000 words. Have it on the charger now. Really appreciate you responding so quickly.
Safe travels…
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:59 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadpop View Post
Thank you thank you
A picture is worth a 1000 words. Have it on the charger now. Really appreciate you responding so quickly.
Safe travels…
You are welcome, glad I could help.
Old 01-15-2023, 10:37 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobabc View Post
The tablet for my system recently failed. I tried to find the exact table they used. It appears to be a neutab i7 2018, but without the cellular module. I suspect this tablet would work however I wasn't able to easily find one online.

The problem I was having is that the table was stuck in a bootloop, continually showing the bmpro splash screen over and over. I suspected it was just a bad battery m, so I went on Amazon and ordered a 206080 size battery with a 2500mah capacity for $10.89. I soldered it in where the old battery was and the tablet is now working perfectly.

The case was easy to open by just gently prying. If you can't solder I'm sure a cell phone repair shop could do it for cheap.
Mine is stuck in the loop now. I removed it from the case and am charging it with my phone charger but no luck. I saw your post on changing the battery but can't find one with the number you show. Tried Amazon, Ebay and then a general google but nothing pops up. Would you know if there is an alternative?
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 03:20 AM   #194

this was the battery I saved on Amazon for future reference...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BTR3BZ4...v_ov_lig_dp_it

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 05:23 AM   #195

Here is my link as well. they seem to be the same

Old 01-16-2023, 08:23 AM   #196

Thanks, guys. It is ordered.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:46 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
this was the battery I saved on Amazon for future reference...

Finally got the case open. The battery inside the tablet is quite a bit larger than the one I got. It's number is 357390. The only place I could find one is Ebay and it is shipped from China. The one I got from Amazon is the same 3.7 volt, 2500 mAH. Even though it's physically smaller it still should work I would think or is there a difference that would not let it work?
Old 01-19-2023, 01:40 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
Finally got the case open. The battery inside the tablet is quite a bit larger than the one I got. It's number is 357390. The only place I could find one is Ebay and it is shipped from China. The one I got from Amazon is the same 3.7 volt, 2500 mAH. Even though it's physically smaller it still should work I would think or is there a difference that would not let it work?
voltage and mAH are same should be good.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 05:23 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post

How did you get it open?
Old 01-19-2023, 07:14 PM   #200

[QUOTE=jetlag;1091710]How did you get it open?[/QUOTE

Not sure the location would matter but I used a very small flat screwdriver in the area of the on/off button and just forced it in the grove. It popped open just a bit and then started working my way around prying it open with a larger flat screwdriver.