Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2019, 06:49 PM   #1

New BMPro control center

New for 2020 model Eagles, North Points, and Pinnacles is the BMPro control center. I mentioned it in my post about taking delivery on our new 2020 Eagle 321RSTS, but I thought you might be interested in more details about this new system.

This system has been used by Jayco Australia, and is now replacing the One Control system on US RVs. The Master Controller is basically an Android tablet with some dedicated function buttons mounted at the bottom of the bezel. The tablet can connect to your home WiFi and you can download updates to the BMPro software when they are available. The Master Controller is connected by a wired communication (CAN bus) as well as through Bluetooth MESH to the Master Node, which is the central hub for all the devices that are controlled by the system.

There are no physical switches for slides, awnings, climate controls, etc. as they are all controlled by the tablet or the App "RV Genius" for your smart device. The system also has multifunction control pads (called Master Switches) which have 4 buttons, which are contextual (function depends on the area it is located.) These are connected to the Master Node by Bluetooth MESH, and are powered by CR2032 calculator batteries.

Every function found on the Master Controller touchscreen is also available on the APP for your phone. The User Interface is also very harmonized between the two devices, so it is easy to navigate through the menus and function screens no matter which device you use. The range of the Bluetooth connection is quite good. I was able to operate functions from 30 ft. away from the rig, and from inside my truck when I was hitched up.

This is a really well thought-out system, and a great example of Bluetooth MESH in operation. The best part of this system is not only do you not tie up your phone's WiFi connection in order to us the APP, it can actually latch on to your phone's WiFi hot spot and you can download software updates if needed!

The pictures are of the Master Controller and one of the Master Switches (from the kitchen--apologies for the sideways photo). The 4 light bulb icon buttons operate the lights in different zones (all lights, inside lights, etc.) and they might be programmed by Jayco differently for each model RV. The next 4 buttons and digital display are for the slides and awnings. You can press the right / left arrow buttons to cycle through the devices (mine cycles through the 3 slides and 2 awnings: S1 - S2 - S3 - A1 - A2) When you have selected the device you want to control, you then press the EXT or RET for extending or retracting that device. It's really simple and does not require you to use the touchscreen to get your rig set up for camping.

I'm still playing with the system and figuring everything out, but so far I am extremely impressed with the functionality. I design Smart LED Light fixtures that use APPs for function control, so I am very involved with APP UI development for consumer use. Time will tell if this system is stable, but I think it is definitely a step in the right direction for Jayco.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2749.jpg   IMG_2751.jpg  
Dealerproofed by Powerstroke Specialties
Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Airbags | Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
SB_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #2

New BMPro control center

They brand it under the RVMaster name for other manufacturers. I spoke to
Them last week to see if they are going to offer aftermarket support or OEM only. For now everything is OEM only but they are supposed to be offering more add-ons (because all of the switches are Bluetooth) for the aftermarket realm. I would completely swap it out in place of the one control.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #3

prm, I’ve not seen the control board for the One Control system but rewiring for the Mater Node could be a very big undertaking.

Next time I have a chance I’ll get a picture of the Master Node and post it.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:34 PM   #4

Cool. Most of the wires (lights and awnings) go into a main controller for the one control then slide controllers are separate and connect to the main board via a can bus. Not easy but not impossible. The new setup is more a kin to the incommand system used in keystone products that is made by Jensen.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #5

This definately looks cool.. I doubt I'll have a chance to look under the hood anytime soon.

I still have a preference for OneControl because it's built upon largely open source tools including ddWRT and OpenHab and has not been locked down so the average smart home/hacker type person can customize their rig.
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:36 PM   #6

What’s wrong with just pressing a switch?
And I have a remote if I actually want to be outside to watch the slides.

Besides the cool factor, what’s the point?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:13 PM   #7

So is this system better than the One Control system?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:07 PM   #8

I was under the impression that if the rig was parked somewhere with an available WiFi connection that you could control items with your phone from wherever you were. As in from miles away??
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:17 PM   #9

Only if you have that system install in your unit but I don't have it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Roy View Post
I was under the impression that if the rig was parked somewhere with an available WiFi connection that you could control items with your phone from wherever you were. As in from miles away??

Yes, if you add a WiFi router to your rig you can. Mine is prewired for one up in the bedroom underneath the Wineguard 360 antenna.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:34 AM   #11

These upgrades are really cool. I think you’ll find out when there’s a problem and no technician can figure out what’s wrong with it because they have no idea how the system works the mood will change. That’s what I’m running into now with the OneControl system.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
These upgrades are really cool. I think you’ll find out when there’s a problem and no technician can figure out what’s wrong with it because they have no idea how the system works the mood will change. That’s what I’m running into now with the OneControl system.

Don’t jinx me, bro! [emoji1] You’re right, though. I’ll be the guinea pig for the service technician!
Old 09-03-2019, 08:16 AM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
with technology we can go overboard too. Walk in the door a flip a few switches is faster than starting up the PC, special in cool mornings. With PDI's I had many times to have reset the One Control, because the slow start and my fingers where to fast and confused the system. Working with controllers adds an extra control system to go wrong.
The simple basics always works the best even with human operator errors.
With the Control System we still get human operator errors. Stock up on spare controllers, some morning you wake up and the control board is flashing because of a defect controller. Lucky if you have more slides and are able to interchange.
Getting lazy has a payback - nature of Divine Laws!
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #14

Will you need a PIN code to take a crap?
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Will you need a PIN code to take a crap?

No, of course not, silly!

You need one to flush, though [emoji1787]
Old 10-22-2019, 09:45 AM   #16

BMPro

New to this forum. New Jayco Owner 2020 37MDQS. I have the new BMPro and I'm a bit less satisfied with it. I have issues with the tablet closing the App then I can not connect with it over the cloud. when the tablet is connected to WIFI the app closes after a little time. When not connected the JCommand app stays running on the android tablet. I've tried changing a few settings and still does the same thing so I'm not sure what the issues is. I have also experienced intermittent Blue tooth connectivity especially when using the slides and I now only use the main buttons connected directly to the Canbus system.
Bones1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #17

I have documented the constant drain from the system (.77a) and am trying to work with Jayco and BMPro to figure things out. My battery was dead after 10 days of being parked and unplugged with the battery switch OFF. like most will be stored. Off is not off all the lights still worked. Not happy by any means.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:47 PM   #18

Touchscreen inconsistent

HI All,
I too am having trouble with my new BMPRO. The small buttons that operate lights, slides and awnings work but I can not get the main pad to turn on when I touch it. It did a few nights ago when I went out to the drive way but it has not today.

Any thoughts?

I did locate the owner's manual but no help for my circumstances. Maybe the manual will help someone else.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JAYCOMMAND-powered-BMPRO.pdf (3.98 MB, 134 views)
whitehawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:55 PM   #19

Known issue when not touched for 48 hours it enters deep sleep mode. Disconnect your battery for now. I was sent information to change the sleep setting but the instructions were not correct so I have sent my findings back to the factory. You can also use the app if you have it to try and connect and change something to wake the display.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #20

Go to the arrow buttons where you can select different slides and awnings and pair your phone. Look for off once highlighted select ext and that should reset it
Bones1 is offline   Reply With Quote