Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 05:44 PM   #21

Got a call from my dealer's sales manager yesterday that he wanted to have a finance guy schedule a meet so he could try to compete with my Credit Union. I told him fine, might as well shop for the best terms since I had nothing else to do anyway while waiting for my trailer. He then said "Oh, yeah, that's the other thing I wanted to tell you. Your trailer is here and Service is working to get it prepped and inspected!!!!! Yaaaayyy!
2018 RAM 1500 Express Air Lift 1000HD
Old 06-17-2021, 06:14 PM   #22

There is one in South Carolina for sale...

https://www.rvt.com/Jayco-Pinnacle-3...808057-UX39296

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
Old 06-18-2021, 06:02 AM   #23

We ordered a 27bhb in January of this year. Was originally told we'd have it in April. That was pushed to May. As of June 8th, or dealer says the trailer was completed but is still waiting on some parts to be finished. They have no ETA on potential arrival. I've cancelled all booked trips thru Aug at this point, with the hopes that we may have it by Sept...just in time to put it into storage for winter.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:03 AM   #24

Yes - that part is right. My next step is to try and contact Jayco directly - how do you find out who the factory rep is and his contact information?
Old 06-18-2021, 06:31 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTR AGIN View Post
Got a call from my dealer's sales manager yesterday that he wanted to have a finance guy schedule a meet so he could try to compete with my Credit Union. I told him fine, might as well shop for the best terms since I had nothing else to do anyway while waiting for my trailer. He then said "Oh, yeah, that's the other thing I wanted to tell you. Your trailer is here and Service is working to get it prepped and inspected!!!!! Yaaaayyy!
Fantastic - I know you are happy - congratulations
Old 06-18-2021, 06:36 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brymac View Post
We ordered a 27bhb in January of this year. Was originally told we'd have it in April. That was pushed to May. As of June 8th, or dealer says the trailer was completed but is still waiting on some parts to be finished. They have no ETA on potential arrival. I've cancelled all booked trips thru Aug at this point, with the hopes that we may have it by Sept...just in time to put it into storage for winter.
Yes that’s the other pitfall you face on these late deliveries. In this era you have to book campsites way in advance just to get a site because of the demand.

We have already canceled our Spring trip snd now we are approaching having start cancelling portions of our fall trip which begins in mid August.

There is no assurance of when our new unit will arrive - this is crazy
Old 06-18-2021, 06:50 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
Yes - that part is right. My next step is to try and contact Jayco directly - how do you find out who the factory rep is and his contact information?
From your dealer..
Old 06-18-2021, 09:51 AM   #28

call Jayco towable dept. tell the them the dealer you are working with
They will connect you with that district Rep.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:41 PM   #29

Nothing in supply chain is “normal” right now. I guarantee you’d be just as frustrated with Heartland should you have decided to order new through them during this very imbalanced time in manufactured goods. As you see, the random delays are due to suppliers that Jayco is using, some the exact same as Heartland. Anyone who is surprised by long lead times these days must be living under a rock.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Old 06-18-2021, 02:13 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SUPER1 View Post
call Jayco towable dept. tell the them the dealer you are working with
They will connect you with that district Rep.
I contacted my sales rep this morning and expressed my frustration. He, along with the sales manger, and this was the reply:

Reps at Jayco have been instructed by upper management at the factory to not receive calls from customers - not because they don't want to - but they do not have enough manpower to respond to all of the requests. Because of the vast number of components that go into the production of a unit, they do not maintain a shortage list as it pertains to production timeline. With over 300 dealers, if each have an average of 20 retail sold units, they would be fielding calls from 6000 customers. They don't have the manpower to support this.

So I say for those of you that have obtained results consider yourself lucky and as for me there really is not anything I can do but wait and that's what I will do.

I have been waiting 5 months and some folks longer.

Not going to talk about it anymore.

Take care all
Old 06-18-2021, 05:16 PM   #31

Quote:
I contacted my sales rep this morning and expressed my frustration. He, along with the sales manger, and this was the reply:

Reps at Jayco have been instructed by upper management at the factory to not receive calls from customers - not because they don't want to - but they do not have enough manpower to respond to all of the requests. Because of the vast number of components that go into the production of a unit, they do not maintain a shortage list as it pertains to production timeline. With over 300 dealers, if each have an average of 20 retail sold units, they would be fielding calls from 6000 customers. They don't have the manpower to support this.

So I say for those of you that have obtained results consider yourself lucky and as for me there really is not anything I can do but wait and that's what I will do.

I have been waiting 5 months and some folks longer.

Not going to talk about it anymore.

Take care all
Thanks, GeorgiaTrain, for your information and explanation of the situation. I now feel fortunate that my trailer has arrived at my dealer. I like your attitude and wish you well, I'm sure you will eventually get your rig and will be satisfied with it. I had always told my children not to worry about anything you cannot control, then I broke my own rule. Hope to meet you sometime on the camping trail. Jerry
2018 RAM 1500 Express Air Lift 1000HD
Old 06-18-2021, 05:44 PM   #32

Quote:

Reps at Jayco have been instructed by upper management at the factory to not receive calls from customers -
But they accept calls from the dealer and he should get the info for you.

Personally I think something is fishy....why doesn't he find out what's going on?
Old 06-19-2021, 08:40 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SUPER1 View Post
Ordered a Pinnacle 36kpts in Nov. was told Mar. or Apr.
Got the VIN in MAY. Told it was scheduled to be off the line on Jun. 4, with a delivery date of Jun.7.
Spoke to the Jayco district rep. Monday. told me it was waiting for 3 items, The aluminum skirting material, a shower head and another thing I don't remember.

He said to feel free to call in a couple of weeks. Could not predict when the items would be in so it could be finished. fingers crossed.

My dealer is the best, been their customer for over 15 years.
they have been up front about the problems all the mfgs. are having.
RHONE'S RV. Cogan Station Pa.
We love Rhone's! 3 hours from us. Can't stand the dealer that's 20 minutes from us.

Earl
Old 06-19-2021, 09:32 AM   #34

I live on Long Island, 4 1/2 hours away. 240 miles
I bought my first 5th Wheel on line, shopped all the dealers east of the Mississippi just about.
They were the cheapest.
I have stored my unit there since, they have been terrific.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:48 PM   #35

I don't think most people understand the magnitude of the shortages and how erratic the supply chain can be. I work for an electronics firm that builds consumer and commercial products. We have suppliers telling us the part wait is 40 weeks plus for some things now. Others are now over a year and we need to put in our orders for 2022 now. We have had suppliers say they are ready to ship and then say the order is delayed another 2 months. Since most businesses operate "just in time" to keep material costs down, these material delays further exasperate the problem and blows up estimated end product ship dates. Toyota has not been as affected by the problem because they have more material on hand (they had been hit hard during a previous shortage and made adjustments to their inventory level in case bad times came again.)

The parts our company uses come from multiple countries including the US. Each country / supplier has their own issues that have to be worked thru. On top of that, suppliers are going to take care of their largest customers first. RV industry is in line behind automotive etc. Smaller RV suppliers are behind them.

Finally, a manufacturer needs to have every part in order to build the product. One missing part or sub-component from any supplier and things get really tough. The super dutys and other cars are parked at race tracks around the US are there because they are missing a couple parts.

Our products have hundreds of parts and its a tough to meet orders. Imagine the "fun" the auto and RV manufacturers are having, trying to keep things going with the number of parts their products have.

The RV dealer that we have worked with for years told us last December that some trailer types were already on long delays and it was going to get worse. Fortunately our 5th wheel came in this spring ahead of schedule. They kept in contact with us the entire way.

While it is very frustrating to have to wait, give the manufacturers a little patience. They want to fill orders too and meet ship dates. Its not fun for them either when a product doesn't ship.

This will sort out eventually. Processes and policies will be adjusted to handle disruptions in the future. It always does. Then we'll get back to being able to get RV's in a timely manner.
2021 Ford F350
Nothing beats a day outside camping!
Old 06-20-2021, 08:11 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBCTrekker View Post
I don't think most people understand the magnitude of the shortages and how erratic the supply chain can be. I work for an electronics firm that builds consumer and commercial products. We have suppliers telling us the part wait is 40 weeks plus for some things now. Others are now over a year and we need to put in our orders for 2022 now. We have had suppliers say they are ready to ship and then say the order is delayed another 2 months. Since most businesses operate "just in time" to keep material costs down, these material delays further exasperate the problem and blows up estimated end product ship dates. Toyota has not been as affected by the problem because they have more material on hand (they had been hit hard during a previous shortage and made adjustments to their inventory level in case bad times came again.)

The parts our company uses come from multiple countries including the US. Each country / supplier has their own issues that have to be worked thru. On top of that, suppliers are going to take care of their largest customers first. RV industry is in line behind automotive etc. Smaller RV suppliers are behind them.

Finally, a manufacturer needs to have every part in order to build the product. One missing part or sub-component from any supplier and things get really tough. The super dutys and other cars are parked at race tracks around the US are there because they are missing a couple parts.

Our products have hundreds of parts and its a tough to meet orders. Imagine the "fun" the auto and RV manufacturers are having, trying to keep things going with the number of parts their products have.

The RV dealer that we have worked with for years told us last December that some trailer types were already on long delays and it was going to get worse. Fortunately our 5th wheel came in this spring ahead of schedule. They kept in contact with us the entire way.

While it is very frustrating to have to wait, give the manufacturers a little patience. They want to fill orders too and meet ship dates. Its not fun for them either when a product doesn't ship.

This will sort out eventually. Processes and policies will be adjusted to handle disruptions in the future. It always does. Then we'll get back to being able to get RV's in a timely manner.
This was a well thought out and carefully worded statement. You may be a Jayco PR guy I don't know. (just kidding)

The entire country is short on products, services, and people willing to work and I am sorry you cannot blame it all on Trump.

We have all just got to move ahead - plan carefully - be aware of delays when you purchase an RV, Boat, Car, anything for that matter. Here in Atlanta there is a shortage of homes to buy.

Just keep calm and carry on - somebody famous said that.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:27 PM   #37

Just got back from my selling dealer. The Sales Manager is at a loss for updates on units at this time. He’s been told by Jayco not to call anymore as Jayco has no clue when all the backordered items will arrive for those built but incomplete, let alone stuff running down the line currently.

Essentially, the next time I get a call will be when the rig is at my dealer. Whenever that is. I’m pretty much banking on my end of July trip being toast and am now looking at August w/ a wary eye.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Old 06-21-2021, 03:14 PM   #38

Mine is in the lot awaiting a slide out awning and hardware. Yep, that's it. And the prices of the coach has went up over $8000 since I placed my order. I guess I am lucky I locked into my price when I did. Now it's just a waiting game.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:10 PM   #39
Site Team

And another glitch that affects shipping has been the two-fold problem getting shipping containers for the overseas suppliers. Either they don't have enough, or any of them, or the ports that don't need them are overloaded with them, and no ships to transport them elsewhere where they are needed. It's going to be a long time until all the ducks get back in their row.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
Old 06-21-2021, 06:39 PM   #40

@Georgatrains: Thanks for the complement. I'm definitely not an employee of Jayco but I am a fan. lol

I thought people would like to see what it is like to be on the manufacturing side of the equation. I cant tell you how many conversations our engineering and supply chain teams have had on this topic in the last year.

Part of the reason we bought our truck last fall and the RV last winter is that it looked like there may be some delays. (I had no idea it would get this crazy! )

Every week our engineering team gets requests to see if there are substitute parts that we can use that meet the same standards as the original parts.

You're right - we'll get thru it.
2021 Ford F350
Nothing beats a day outside camping!
Closed Thread