Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 02:13 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erd04056 View Post
Mine is in the lot awaiting a slide out awning and hardware. Yep, that's it. And the prices of the coach has went up over $8000 since I placed my order. I guess I am lucky I locked into my price when I did. Now it's just a waiting game.
If all you need is a slide out awning, I would tell them to forget it and ship it out.
You can add that anytime. Or just not add one.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
Old 06-22-2021, 04:04 PM   #42

I am glad we purchased our CPO 2018 RAM when we did in 11-2019 and we just lucked into finding exactly the RV we wanted in the form of a real nice 2018 21QB that had been on the dealer lot less than an hour. Our house is paid for so no worries there. I am glad we are not trying to buy any new major items right now as prices and supply shortages is ridiculous.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:34 PM   #43

Smile Good News Today

This morning at about 11:00 AM my salesman called. My rig is finished, has all items including the normal Pinnacle rear cap. It has to go through one last Quality Control check and then transport to my Dealer in Ft Worth. The dealer already has reserved stack washer dryer to be installed so In a couple weeks I can pick it up.

Whew! Made my day
Old 06-22-2021, 07:50 PM   #44

Well worth waiting for
good luck with the new rig when you finally get your hands on it.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:53 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
This morning at about 11:00 AM my salesman called. My rig is finished,
Good news...
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2021, 03:53 PM   #46

Congratulations ��
Old 06-23-2021, 04:15 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
One other thought to keep in mind is the availability of someone to transport the finished unit to the dealer. That is something Jayco has little control over since they are not the one doing the transporting. Also transport companies have large backlogs and having difficulties getting help on their end.
And there is more to than people not wanting to work. Out here in Kommiefornia, our wonderful state legislators changed the law a year or so ago. I have a friend, retired, who was earning decent money delivering trailers for Jayco. He would drive to the factory in Indiana, pick up a new trailer and tow back here to the west coast. Then, the state got involved and said, you can't be an independent contractor. Gig workers like him, Uber and Lyft drivers, barbers, hair dressers and the like had to become employees of the company they were working for with all the included regulations and state mandated benefits.
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Old 06-23-2021, 04:46 PM   #48

It’s not just Jayco, but ALL RV manufacturers. And Jayco is just one of the companies that was bought out by Thor in 2016. Jayco was the last family-owned RV manufacturer. It now seems the old Jayco quality has declined since the buyout by Thor.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:55 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
It’s not just Jayco, but ALL RV manufacturers. And Jayco is just one of the companies that was bought out by Thor in 2016. Jayco was the last family-owned RV manufacturer. It now seems the old Jayco quality has declined since the buyout by Thor.
Bontrager's still run the company.

Bontrager has been the Chief Executive Officer of Jayco, Inc. since January 1, 2013, and has served as its President since 2002. With this change, Jayco’s executive staff will report directly to Bontrager.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:22 PM   #50

Hello
I’m a newbie check all of your rv doors for fitment test heater and check all hardware that secure everything. Lots of stripped screws and more.
Old 06-24-2021, 03:06 PM   #51

Can't believe you are still waiting, that sucks. we have "Talked" before. ordered mine 3rd week in jan, got it april 29. 4 trips so far, 1400 miles. you're gonna like it, so try to hang tight.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:28 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Bontrager's still run the company.

Bontrager has been the Chief Executive Officer of Jayco, Inc. since January 1, 2013, and has served as its President since 2002. With this change, Jayco’s executive staff will report directly to Bontrager.

He still takes direction from Thor corporate. It doesn't matter what name hangs on the office door. He ain't pulling the important strings, Thor is!. I am sure "Bontrager " is chagrined at the state of Jayco now, but a paycheck is a paycheck. The proof is in the pudding and Jayco build quality and features have diminished. Build them cheap is the new mantra, even if build them fast is no longer possible.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:53 PM   #53

we live in a new subdivision with many new homes under construction.. Within the last few months practically every home under construction is delayed because of material shortage.. The shortage problem range from from simple fixtures to roofing materials. These homes can't be completed and sold because of these shortages. I suspect the same thing is happening with the RV business. I won't get into politics, but there lies your answers why we are experiencing this
Old 08-10-2021, 02:05 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpod View Post
He still takes direction from Thor corporate. It doesn't matter what name hangs on the office door. He ain't pulling the important strings, Thor is!. .
Then I guess you are calling him and Bob Tiffin (TIFFIN MOTORHOMES) liars because both have stated publicly that THOR allows them to run independently.

Derald's guote. “We are excited about this relationship and working with Thor,” Derald said. “Our cultures are very similar and we liked Thor’s model of allowing their subsidiaries to operate independently".

Bob Tiffin's quote. "We needed a partner who we could trust would sustain all of those elements and help us grow the business in a manner that is consistent with how we’ve done business at Tiffin for nearly 50 years. I have known of Bob Martin for many years and have always respected THOR’s business model and how effectively they have added new businesses to their portfolio, while maintaining the independence and legacy of each new addition".
Old 08-10-2021, 03:16 PM   #55

Quote:
Derald's guote. “We are excited about this relationship and working with Thor,” Derald said. “Our cultures are very similar and we liked Thor’s model of allowing their subsidiaries to operate independently".

Bob Tiffin's quote. "We needed a partner who we could trust would sustain all of those elements and help us grow the business in a manner that is consistent with how we’ve done business at Tiffin for nearly 50 years. I have known of Bob Martin for many years and have always respected THOR’s business model and how effectively they have added new businesses to their portfolio, while maintaining the independence and legacy of each new addition".

Color me skeptical - they may operate independently, but the balance sheets all roll up to HQ. I'm betting they get their financial targets from Thor.

Then they're given free reign to meet those targets.

Bad years, misses, are less tolerated when you've got a boss as opposed to when you are the boss.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:26 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Color me skeptical - they may operate independently, but the balance sheets all roll up to HQ. I'm betting they get their financial targets from Thor.
I doubt Bob Tiffin would put his reputation and family name on the line if he was ordered to cut quality to increase profit. I also feel the same about Bontragers.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:56 PM   #57

Quote:
Then I guess you are calling him and Bob Tiffin (TIFFIN MOTORHOMES) liars because both have stated publicly that THOR allows them to run independently.

Liars, no just capitalists cashing out. The quotes are standard fluff soon forgotten in the race for greater profit (Thor) Grumpy, your comments are a bit naive and a nice thought, but that's not how the corporate world works. If they wanted to maintain control and integrity of the product - why sell? That is counter intuitive and circular logic. You're comments suggest these are more like partnerships than an outright sale of the company. You partner with other entities to obtain capital, or branding to grow the company, or expand product lines to grow market share. These sales to Thor were none of these. Thor owns the business. Integrity and reputations notwithstanding, Thor calls the shots - period. Regarding quality and cost reduction, as an avowed Jayco aficionado, you know it's already happening
Old 08-10-2021, 11:25 PM   #58

Quote:
I doubt Bob Tiffin would put his reputation and family name on the line if he was ordered to cut quality to increase profit. I also feel the same about Bontragers.

Good to know.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:41 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
we live in a new subdivision with many new homes under construction.. Within the last few months practically every home under construction is delayed because of material shortage.. The shortage problem range from from simple fixtures to roofing materials. These homes can't be completed and sold because of these shortages. I suspect the same thing is happening with the RV business. I won't get into politics, but there lies your answers why we are experiencing this
Politics? You’re kidding, right? Blame a once-in-history world pandemic that put a stranglehold on factories and supply chains. Or blame the supply and demand from a housing boom fueled by low interest rates and Covid-caused work-from-home freedom. But I don’t see politics causing shingle shortages or skyrocketing lumber prices.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:31 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
Politics? You’re kidding, right? Blame a once-in-history world pandemic that put a stranglehold on factories and supply chains. Or blame the supply and demand from a housing boom fueled by low interest rates and Covid-caused work-from-home freedom. But I don’t see politics causing shingle shortages or skyrocketing lumber prices.
Sorry, i didn't make comment that i am very good friends with the builder (owner) whom spends countless hours every day trying to round up materials he can't find.. And sadly he can't complete many homes so his clients can't enjoy these low interest rates. The skyrocketing lumber prices (although they are starting to stabilize) is hearting his profits because he is not gouging his customers to recover those loses. And lastly,, are you paying attention to COVID facts??? Amazingly, there are no pathogens anywhere in the world to prove COVID is COVID. Scientist are discovering now, based on current evidence, COVID is a severe flu virus.. Now, i'll just keep my opinion relating COVID to Politics.. This is not the place to get into those arguments.. thats all i have to say about it.
Closed Thread