Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 04:26 PM   #1

New Buyer Frustrated with JAYCO Factory

After 8 years with Heartland Big Horns we ordered a NEW decked out Pinnacle 36FBTS. When we placed the order on Feb 5th we were told Mid April.

Here we sit the middle of June and I still don't know when the rig will arrive.

My sales rep has been very good with communication and even supplied me with my VIN # so I know it's got to be close - maybe.

This week he has asked Jayco twice for the status of my rig and they will not even speculate on delivery or explain the delay. My salesman feels confident the rig is built and is most likely waiting on a component to finish out but, there again the Factory is tight lipped about any information.

I am really starting to have regrets about changing brands even though I have friends with Pinnacles that love them - I am not very happy.

I know there is nothing I can do but just wait and grit my teeth - thanks for letting me vent.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
After 8 years with Heartland Big Horns we ordered a NEW decked out Pinnacle 36FBTS. When we placed the order on Feb 5th we were told Mid April.
Here we sit the middle of June and I still don't know when the rig will arrive.
If they don't have all the parts/components and don't know when they will arrive or if it's built and waiting for the 3rd party delivery company how can they tell you? Once it goes to the delivery lot JAYCO has no control. There has been a driver shortage for a while as well.

This problem is not only affecting JAYCO. You can thank CHINA...
Old 06-16-2021, 04:56 PM   #3

It is not just you, Thor has $14 billion, with a B, in orders to be produced. Sold out for this year, whatever that means. The rv nerd did a video not long ago that was interesting. You may see some of the less popular models discontinued. Why make 5 of the "X" model, when the line is set up to make 100"z" model.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:44 PM   #4
RJR

We ordered a new 2021 Pinnacle last August 2020 and it was delivered in Mid March, total delivery time from date of order 7 months and I hear it's worse now ugggg.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:00 PM   #5

One other thought to keep in mind is the availability of someone to transport the finished unit to the dealer. That is something Jayco has little control over since they are not the one doing the transporting. Also transport companies have large backlogs and having difficulties getting help on their end.

We had to take out 5er to Middlebury back in April and from Indianapolis to the service center in Middlebury we count 130 transports coming out of Northern Indiana south. That doesn't include the other directions they can go. And all the manufacturers are also trying to deliver units. I know that may not help but that whole area up there is a mad house right now. Just like everywhere else in the country the are more jobs than there are people willing to do the work.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Old 06-16-2021, 07:22 PM   #6

It’s crazy times and I guess I would feel better if Jayco would just tell the truth, the part that is missing, waiting on delivery drivers etc.
I would be more than happy to go get my own rig and bring to my dealer tomorrow

I just want it to get better - and it will in time
Old 06-16-2021, 07:23 PM   #7

Quote:
I would be more than happy to go get my own rig and bring to my dealer tomorrow
That is one thing they don't and never have allowed.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:31 PM   #8
RJR

Our dealer was very informative all along the way, right from the beginning we knew there were two build windows which would allow a deliver in March or May a 7-9 month timeline from date or order to delivery. I also have been dealing with the same dealer for 20+ years. I think sometimes the dealers simply don't want or take the time to provide accurate info, our dealer had no problem getting accurate timelines from Jayco from day one. They change the type of unit built on each line and have specific timelines that they schedule certain units because our dealer told us from the start. The benefits of a long term relationship with a family owned local dealer and some of the best pricing in the country as they are an exclusive Jayco dealer.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJR View Post
The benefits of a long term relationship with a family owned local dealer and some of the best pricing in the country
BINGO!... 40 years for me and mine never let me down.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
BINGO!... 40 years for me and mine never let me down.
Not 40 years for us but 6
BINGOX2
They know we will be back and would rather be our allies than our foes because bad news travels fast locally
Old 06-17-2021, 05:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
BINGOX2

BINGO x3

We've always dealt with small family-owned dealers. When our "regular" dealer decided to retire, we began a relationship with a another family-owned dealership that was actually a little closer to home.

We've never had the nightmare stories that I've heard from those that have purchased RVs from the big box stores when it comes to service. Our dealers have always bent over backwards to ensure that things are right.

We ordered our 377RLBH in September. The dealer was very upfront that he could give us a best guess estimate on build time based on Jayco's building practices, but that too many other things were coming into play with the COVID crisis. He guessed a February-March timeline, it was delivered in late April. But he stayed in touch with me from the time the VIN# was created to the date it was off the line.
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:31 AM   #12

Unfortunately, COVID seems to have every industry crawling and here in the US the extra $300 federal COVID assistance isn't helping anyone get back to work quickly (may not be a popular opinion but true).

It took 2 full months just to get nerf bars (running boards) for my truck. Every time I inquired, the industry is backed up due to Covid... I tried from 2 different online manufacturers - same song and dance.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:56 AM   #13

As I've mentioned in a couple other threads, I'm in the same boat here. My coach is in the yard behind the factory. Its built and off the line, however there are some parts that are missing; the couch, kitchen countertop, slide toppers among them. I have no idea when my coach will be 'finished', even though its 'built'. It's been off the line now for 2 weeks, and as of last week I understand there were 400 other units in various Jayco yards awaiting components of various kinds.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:51 AM   #14

Next shortage will be yard drivers to move incomplete builds in and out of the shop. Seen the pics of all the f-150’s at Kentucky speedway and other locations?
Old 06-17-2021, 09:04 AM   #15

Going back to my original statement - I wish Jayco had someone like "Josh the Nerd" to communicate with customers on what is really going on rather than just ignoring the problems.

All this does is frustrate people and the poor dealers have to be the "Go Betweens".
Old 06-17-2021, 09:10 AM   #16

It would be nice, I agree. My dealer happens to be pretty good w/ getting me information. I know what parts are missing, what spot in the yard my unit is in, etc. However I have no guidance as to a completion date; apparently the factory rep is also unaware as production is not giving guidance given how widespread the shortages are.

I suppose when it's done it's done.

As to the drivers, I know my dealer does his own pickups. My dealer told me Jayco's cost was getting too high and lead times started to get too long so my dealer opted to do his own pickups (at least for motorized).

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Old 06-17-2021, 10:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Going back to my original statement - I wish Jayco had someone like "Josh the Nerd" to communicate with customers on what is really going on rather than just ignoring the problems.

All this does is frustrate people and the poor dealers have to be the "Go Betweens".
But the dealer is the customer. No different than buying a car, you don't call GM or FORD you call the dealer. Their factory rep has and can get the info about your order so they can tell you. Been there...
Old 06-17-2021, 02:46 PM   #18

Ordered a Pinnacle 36kpts in Nov. was told Mar. or Apr.
Got the VIN in MAY. Told it was scheduled to be off the line on Jun. 4, with a delivery date of Jun.7.
Spoke to the Jayco district rep. Monday. told me it was waiting for 3 items, The aluminum skirting material, a shower head and another thing I don't remember.

He said to feel free to call in a couple of weeks. Could not predict when the items would be in so it could be finished. fingers crossed.

My dealer is the best, been their customer for over 15 years.
they have been up front about the problems all the mfgs. are having.
RHONE'S RV. Cogan Station Pa.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SUPER1 View Post
Ordered a Pinnacle 36kpts in Nov. was told Mar. or Apr.
Got the VIN in MAY. Told it was scheduled to be off the line on Jun. 4, with a delivery date of Jun.7.
Spoke to the Jayco district rep. Monday. told me it was waiting for 3 items, The aluminum skirting material, a shower head and another thing I don't remember.

He said to feel free to call in a couple of weeks. Could not predict when the items would be in so it could be finished. fingers crossed.

My dealer is the best, been their customer for over 15 years.
they have been up front about the problems all the mfgs. are having.
RHONE'S RV. Cogan Station Pa.
I think we are both in the same boat only you have been waiting longer than me. I sold my Big Horn in March and have been "RV Homeless" - SUX.

I see a lot of people bragging about their dealers but, until I finally get my Pinnacle I can't really start a relationship but, my salesman has been great - don't have a lot of complaints - not much he can really do.

Sitting over here in Georgia waiting to go to Ft Worth
Old 06-17-2021, 03:37 PM   #20

Quote:
my salesman has been great - don't have a lot of complaints - not much he can really do.
Except getting you the info you want.......