Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2020, 07:48 AM   #1

New Digs

We are now in the 3rd day of glamping in the new Pinnacle 32RLTS. So far it has met or exceeded my expectations, other than a glitch with the bedroom air compressor locking up requiring a replacement. I had been saying this was fifth wheel number 8 for us but I think it is actually number 6. Memory issues which my wife corrected. Our last 3 have been Excel's which were very well built fifth wheels but no longer in business.

I was scared of the BMPro system but have really grown to appreciate it with the bluetooth ability to operate the systems from our phones. We haven't tried it with wifi yet and probably won't.

The high's are the leveling system, the Insignia range/oven, ability to stay cool in yesterday's 96 degree heat, lighting (so much more than in our Excel), the funky but practical drinking water system, the 21 cf Whirlpool fridge, cabinetry as good as our Excel, comfortable seating, nice sized windows, the power reel for the electric cord, insulated well enough to keep the outside noise at bay and the pantry, which the wife says is the berries. My personal favorite is the Equalizer leveling system which I think is new this year. It is really smooth and solid.

The low's are the mattress, it just sucks is the best I can say for it, bathroom sink is too small for getting the face wet for the occasional shave, Furrion tv's are marginal in the picture quality area, no hook ups to attach a satellite receiver to the tv's, the sound system (kind of tinny) and while I like the drinking water system the pump mounted in the island will scare the heck out of you during the middle of the night it you forget to turn the ice maker off.

I'm encouraged that we haven't found anything miswired, misaligned or any other misses. Of course we haven't spent enough time in it to say all is good but so far it is encouraging. We have a 5 week trip coming in September with several 2 week or so ones before then which will give us a better feeling for it.

I know the picture shows us to be a bit nose high and I have addressed that. We had a Reese Goose Box on the Excel which I had the dealer install on the Pinnacle. I'm using a B&W ball that is a little too tall and have ordered a shorter one. I thought about changing the position of the Goose Box but at 225 pounds it is easier just to get a shorter ball. I will say the ride is just amazing, so much smoother than any combo we have ever owned.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_IMG_0344 (2).jpg  
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:03 AM   #2

Glad y'all are enjoying the new digs. If you have PEX plumbing tools or can borrow them there is a very easy fix for the water supply to the fridge/freezer. I've completely removed that pump and jug system and it creates a lot of extra room under the sink. We use a full house water filter so I have no concerns about the water going to the freezer.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:23 AM   #3

I do have a PEX kit from a recent bathroom remodel in our house. I'm going to give it a fair shake to see if we really like it before changing anything. I parred down the stuff I keep in the storage bay so I do have room for the bottle.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:11 AM   #4

My bottle was under the sink also which was to valuable of real estate in my floorplan. I just couldn't deal with that pump running just to get water to the fridge.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 02:26 PM   #5

This is good to hear all about the review of your Pinnacle, we are one our third one and the wife like the ones that have the living area up stairs so we at some point an time will be getting one with the living room upstairs but in the mean time we are going to enjoy what we have.

I have always liked the Pinnacle, the last time I was at the dealer I look at the one you have now and love the layout.

We have a two and an half weeks coming up in September, but it would be nice to go for a whole month but I have an obligation the wife and I are Pastors of a growing church so that is the most we can take.

You have a very nice setup and I hope that you continue to enjoy your setup.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote