Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2023, 10:16 AM   #1

New Eagle HT 29RLC

Good morning to all! Brand new to this forum and about to be the owner of our 2nd Jayco RV. First, like many folks, was a little Jayco pop-up! We are now about to take the plunge to our first 5th wheel and should pick it up near the end of the month! I searched on the forum for this new 29RLC, but didn't come up with much. Just wanted to see if anyone had one and what they thought of it, or even get some thoughts on the new Eagle HT 2024 5th wheels. I'm going to start out with my current F-250 6.2l gas tow vehicle. By everything I have researched, it should be fine. Cargo capacity is 3,114 lbs, max tow 15k. I've got a standard bed, so I went with a Pullrite superslider 16k hitch and added air bags. If anyone has any recommendations going forward, or thoughts on this specific RV or the HT 5th wheels, I highly appreciate it!!
Sandraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 07:15 PM   #2

Watch your loading of gear. Only 1300 lbs for CCC is really low.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 07:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandraze View Post
Good morning to all! Brand new to this forum and about to be the owner of our 2nd Jayco RV. First, like many folks, was a little Jayco pop-up! We are now about to take the plunge to our first 5th wheel and should pick it up near the end of the month!
Enjoy the upgrade and
Attached Thumbnails
wel4.png  
Old 12-20-2023, 12:35 PM   #4

Thank you!!!
Old 12-20-2023, 12:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Watch your loading of gear. Only 1300 lbs for CCC is really low.
Sure will! That was a consideration when deciding on this layout. Why so low? At any rate, we are weekenders now and have no intention of ever full-timing it. Also, we never boondock, so I don't anticipate travelling with a full water tank. After we get fully loaded up for the first time, I am definitely going to hit a CAT scale to see where we are at. Thanks again for the advice!
Old 02-28-2024, 02:34 PM   #6

Just a quick update. We hit the cat scales completely loaded with as much stuff as we figure we would ever have. Well, after doing the numbers, my pin weight came in at 2180 which put my cargo capacity and GVWR at their exact max! So after we set up camp, I rearranged some weight in the Tow Vehicle and basement and storage in the RV, reweighed when we left, and my GVWR was down to 9840! I will always keep an eye on this as I know this weight also was with a bit more than half of my propane tanks full. But overall was relieved that I was not exceeding max weight on anything to include truck and RV axles. Also just a side note, the towing experience has been just fine and feels good, however that has only been in Texas over rolling hills and 1,000 miles or so...