Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #1

New FLSA - Ice Maker Issue and Questions

Hi. Picked up 2017 flsa a month ago and did my first run through in my driveway. All systems go, but waited on water since it was winterized and Colorado can have some late freezes. Got around to that system check this weekend by hooking up to city water and flushing anti-freeze, etc.. - after figuring out a good bit on my own (hot water heater feed line installed kinked, system dump valves open - behind hidden panel In front storage, fridge water feed valves behind stove drawer AND behind kitchen trash - you know the drill ;-). Everything seems good - except the ice maker.

The fridge water line (dispenser) is flowing fine - but no water to the ice maker. Last month in the driveway - without any water hooked up - the ice maker valve would buzz loudly occasionally. I did not realize this was the ice maker trying to get water until I had already put the unit back into storage and did a post-mortem internet search on what that noise could have been. So this weekend I did not hear that noise at all - at any point. The ice maker was definitely turned on. Is there a possibility the electromagnetic valve for the ice maker was damaged by accidentally running it dry a month ago (that is the way the unit was delivered to me)? Does it take more than 12 hours to get water to the ice maker? Something else I could be missing or doing? It is back in storage now but I would like to fix it on our first trip in a few weeks...hoping it is not a damaged part or something behind the fridge itself.

Another question. There is a black handled, unlabeled valve (looks just like a dump valve), around the center of the right side of the unit - right in front of the "low point" drain valve coming through the belly. This is NOT the gray or black main dump valves, or the macerator valve. And it has nothing to do with the low point system (I tried it while draining water through the low point valve just in case).

The owners manual and the walk-through do not address what this might be - and I am coming from a travel trailer that did not have nearly as many systems as I have now. Could it be an unlabeled secondary gray water tank dump? Freshwater tank dump? I will ask the dealer but it seems sometimes they don't have all the answers for new models and just call the factory.

Thanks.

Dave
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #2

Can't address the ice maker, but you should have 3 grey tanks. One for the kitchen, one for the bath and one for the washer, all have separate valves, at least they used too. If the handle in question is midway front of the driver's side axle it's for the kitchen.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #3

Thank you. That makes sense. Means the labeled gray water next to the black is just the bathroom (shower/sink). Washer/dryer is in the back with it's own dump pipe.
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #4

I believe you need to prime ice maker.......run water thru fridge door for a while.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
I believe you need to prime ice maker.......run water thru fridge door for a while.
I have to to that with mine. I just run it thru the system with a cup in the door until I get constant water. Then I have to open the freezer and push the button to cycle the ice maker. I think you have to hold the button down for either 10 or 30 seconds. Sorry can't remember.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #6

My warranty contact says there have been issues with the residential fridges for some time. They are now authorized to pay for an appliance repairman to come to your RV for a service call. She said the fridges are covered under the warranty without question.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 08:58 PM   #7

X2 on the press and hold the ice maker button. But if that doesn't work and they will pay a tech to come to you to look at it, I wouldn't think twice.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #8

Same issue for me. Where is the ice maker button you are pressing and holding?
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #9

You have to slide the upper try out and the button is a black button on the ice maker it self in the freezer.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:47 PM   #10

Icemaker

Don't know your make or model, but the ice maker in our Seneca will only make ice when on 120 volts. We can drive all day on propane and never hear the ice dump, but hook-up and it grinds 'em out.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote