Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #1

New Jayco 327CKTS Picked Up Finally

Picked up my new 2018 Jayco CKTS last week in Orlando. Its a really nice coach and tows very good. After I got it home and got to checking has lots of things going on with it. Struts that hold lower skirts to frame, three were broken and one fell off in the driveway(lol). I don't think there is one screw in the entire coach that is driven in straight(all at various angles). The vinyl in the bathroom area had bubbles in in around the steps, it took off the hold down strips on the top step and found the vinyl flooring was not even glued down(that sounds strange to me). The gap at the bottom of the front door hatch is so large the latch will not catch to lock it. The main flooring is supposed to be tongue and groove, it found from looking under the floor in the propane hold that the tongue is on one side and it has a straight side shoved up against it and has a quarter inch gap between them(ugh). curb side slide adjustment is way off. Most of these things I can possibly fix other than the floor. Oh yeah looks like some took a dull knife and cut out the walls to put the slides in(not professional at all). Other than that its a really nice coach, I like the layout and looks like all the other major things seem to be working. Just a little bummed at the workmanship.

Happy Camping
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #2

Congrats on the new rig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #3

So sorry to hear about all the issues that you've experienced with your new RV.
Your experience is almost identical to mine, different issues but the same extremely poor quality workmanship. Wonder what their banana bill is every month!

Please keep us posted on how it goes getting the repairs done.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #4

Sadly I feel this is the new norm for the industry. Your dealer should fix these issues. Its becoming more up to the dealer to fix the poor craftsman ship from the factory. Hope you have a good dealer near by.
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:55 PM   #5

Things that should of been found on your PDI before taking delivery.

Unfortunately there is no quality on any RV. They are hand built in large numbers. To have a RV built to perfection would be so expensive that most people couldn't afford them. Doesn't matter what brand. A 100k trailer will have the same build quality, just made with higher end stuff.

Our 2017 Eagle 293RKDS isn't too bad. We did find a lot on our 8 hour PDI that the dealer took care of before taking delivery. We have a nice list of items for warranty to get taken care of over the winter. I did however fixed some issues myself.

Happy camping!

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:17 AM   #6

I took a full day doing my pre PDI and when all stuff was fixed (except stuff needing parts) than did the dealers pony show. The factory tour shows the rush that goes on.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #7

Just wonder why, quality does even come close to what you get in the car industry. I bet if the car industry put out this kind of quality, they would not last very long. I'm not saying you don't find flaws in new vehicles, but at least the fit and finish is pretty darn good on just about any car. Anyway I still like my Jayco.

Happy Camping
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:34 AM   #8

Good luck with your 327. We have had a 2017 model since this time last year. Did not have as many finish issues as you described, but have had major problems with the kitchen slide and brakes.
We have the residential frig, which I believe puts a lot of weight in that slide. Have had to replace one slide motor after it came loose and the unit is going in for more diagnostic work next week.
Also have had major problems with greese leaking past axle seals and ruining brake pads.
I am seriously considering putting electric over hydraulic disc brakes on it. I had them on my last fifer and they are ten times better than electric drum.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Just wonder why, quality does even come close to what you get in the car industry. I bet if the car industry put out this kind of quality, they would not last very long. I'm not saying you don't find flaws in new vehicles, but at least the fit and finish is pretty darn good on just about any car. Anyway I still like my Jayco.

Happy Camping
I was a homebuilder at one point. If I built homes like they build RV's I'd have been sued out of existence. New vehicles have issues too but the dealerships are way better at standing behind the products.

I've always bought used RV's so the initial bugs have been fixed and I fix anything else. The warranties are useless for the most part anyway. At ~200$/sqft you'd think they could at least put in an effort to make a quality unit. If there's ever a shortage of staples the entire industry would have to shut down.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bird View Post
I am seriously considering putting electric over hydraulic disc brakes on it. I had them on my last fifer and they are ten times better than electric drum.
If we stay with our fiver next year I'd like to jump right to the Moryde IS system.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote