Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2021, 04:39 PM   #1

New Jayco 357MDOK - duct tape on floor under dinette slide?

Hi all,

I have purchased but have not taken delivery of my 2021 357MDOK. I went to take a look at it again today as I was in the neighborhood and wanted to push their sales team along to get things moving.

All of the slides were in (insert long story about missing BMPro control tablet here) but I noticed there is what appears to be brown duct tape on the floor underneath the edge of the dinette slide. I'm pretty sure this is fully covered by both the slide frame and the slide's floor overhang, but it stood out to me. I emailed my sales and prep guy asking about this and have not heard back yet.

Does anyone else have a 357MDOK and have noticed something similar when their dinette slide is all the way in? It's weird as the wall edge of the 'tape' seems perfectly clean and straight, almost like it was there before the wall was put up? Or do you all have bare floors here.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
20210925_094657 rotated.jpg  
JayG7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:24 PM   #2

Doesnt matter what Jayco model nor any RV; there shouldnt be exposed duct tape like that. I would pull it up to see what they may be hiding.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:28 PM   #3

Thank you for the suggestion. I ended up driving back to the dealership this morning and took another look. That appears to be the edge of the floor and the slide-out slides down and sits on that. The much younger and smaller guy who unlocked the camper for me crawled through the inside of the slide and said the other side looked similar, but more professional. At least my fear of the linoleum flooring being broken appears to not be the case. They will take a look and redo the edge tape though.

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2021, 12:40 PM   #4

my 19 RSTS had duct date under the dinette slides when i purchased.. When i brought it to dealer attention, they removed tape and said they use the tape when adjusting slides. Not sure what the tape does or its function during adjustments. but you can remove it.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
my 19 RSTS had duct date under the dinette slides when i purchased.. When i brought it to dealer attention, they removed tape and said they use the tape when adjusting slides. Not sure what the tape does or its function during adjustments. but you can remove it.
Ah, that might make sense - perhaps it is to protect against accidentally scratching the flooring. Thank you for also helping to put my mind at ease!
Old 09-26-2021, 01:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG7800 View Post
Ah, that might make sense - perhaps it is to protect against accidentally scratching the flooring. Thank you for also helping to put my mind at ease!
Probably for alignment purposes.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:45 PM   #7

My 2021 357MDOK built April/May 2020 has the same tape. The floor is cut in that area so the tape may be there to protect the exposed edge.
riesarott is offline   Reply With Quote