Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #1

New Jayco Eagle HT 26.5bhs

Hi everyone,

I've been trolling this forum for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a new Jayco Eagle HT. So far, so good! If anyone has any tips or tricks with for the 26.5bhs please let me know!

-Rob
Attached Thumbnails
new camper.jpg  
driscolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:37 PM   #2

Welcome to JOF and congrats on your new trailer!

Each one of us will have different tips to share. Mine, are pretty simple. And, that is to read all of your manuals that came with your new rig. Then, do a short shake down trip to ensure no major problems. Also, do a water/rain test to ensure you have no leaks from the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driscolr View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been trolling this forum for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a new Jayco Eagle HT. So far, so good! If anyone has any tips or tricks with for the 26.5bhs please let me know!

-Rob
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:41 PM   #3

Welcome aboard JOF!

My tip: At least one night at Camp Driveway to help sort out the auxiliary equipment.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #4

Welcome, and nice rig!

I'd like to hear how it tows as you get more miles on it, keep us in the loop.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #5

Welcome to JOF, I don't have any comments because I don't have a 5're yet but their are a wealth of info here. Congrats, I'm looking at the 27.5.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by driscolr View Post
Hi everyone,

-Rob
We picked ours up a few weeks ago and love it! During the PDI I found a on off switch in the battery compartment, and no one knew what it was for. The dealer has since found out that it is to turn power off and on to the wireless backup camera if you got that as an option?

Anyways while there the dealer thought that Jayco didn't connect power to the camera (as it wasn't working) so they re-wired it to the clearance lamps . This weekend Im going to pull it back apart, wire it back up they way it was from the factory (according the dealer the wire should just be sitting there) and try the switch to see if it works. The way it's set up not the camera only gets power if the trailer lights are on. It was designed to work as a security camera if needed as the monitor is portable.

Also, dangling in the propane compartment I found a 4ga terminated black cable. After talking to the dealer it sounds like this is for the solar prep, so I i get some panels I would need to install the cable to the battery.

Would love to know if you heard different? Or if you happen to have a random terminated cable going to nothing.

I learned that the only way to sanitize the fresh water tank is done by attaching garden hose to tank fill, fill other end of hose with bleach solution using a funnel, connect to spigot, turn on water. Or use a 12v/120v accessory water pump and pump water out of a bucket, container, etc.... According to Jayco you can gravity fill the fresh water tank.

Unit comes from the factory with a Progressive Dynamics intelliwizard charge controller converter so that's a plus!!! the model number is PD4045.

Also, we have the 15k AC which happens to be a Coleman-Mach made by Airxcel. I installed the Coleman-Mach hard start capacitor kit part#8333A9021 for easier AC starts when using my twin 2000w generators. Took about 5 minutes to install and seems to make a difference.

That's all I can think of for now, but we've only used it once so if you come across something unusual or learn something new make sure to post it, ill be interested to hear!!
mtedelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:31 AM   #7

Thanks for the input. I ordered mine with the 15K btu A/C, but I guess there was an issue at the factory and a 13.5K unit was installed (the dealership checked the correct box, but when Jayco entered the info into their system they selected the wrong option). Jayco is sending a 15K A/C unit to a local dealer to have it swapped out. Inconvenient as it will cost me time and gas $$, but at least they are doing something. We are taking it out for it's maiden voyage this weekend so I hope all works as planned. So far everything is up to par while sitting in the yard
Old 05-24-2016, 07:35 AM   #8

The camper tows great! I live in Vermont and purchased from a dealership in Michigan...so it made a 700+ mile journey home. I ordered the 16" wheels and had the suspension adjusted to the bottom hole to get it level with my 2015 Ram 2500. The only thing i'm not too fond of is the clearance between the bed rail and underside of the fifth wheel. My curt E-16 is adjusted all the way up (with Reese Revolution) and it seems a little close for comfort ( I will measure when I hook up this weekend). It made the trip home with no issues, but it just looks close and doesn't help that my tonneau cover rails stick up about an inch from the bed rails as well.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:20 AM   #9

Awesome setup for sure, can you take some more pics up close, it will easy my mind because I want one so bad that it just hurt but if I see some more it will help me.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #10

I also have recently bought a 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5BHS. My 2015 2500 RAM 2500 diesel has the curt A16 hitch. Without the Jayco suspension lift, the Jayco is too low for the truck. The bed rails touches the 5th wheel. I added 2 inch riser blocks on the 5th wheel and moved the leaf spring attachment down to the last hole in oder to raise the 5th wheel. Now, the clearance between the bed rails and the underside of the 5th wheel is 7-8 inches.

Carlo
cgalutera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:37 PM   #11

I have same rig with the auto leveling system. Its a useful system but if you have it beware it has memory which is always on and using battery even if your battery switch is off. This coupled with other parasitic draws will run your battery down. Mine has done this and now my batteries less then 1 yr. old have to be replaced. Enjoy your new rig and good luck.
ddiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:16 AM   #12

Very nice set up.
B5 GTX is offline   Reply With Quote