Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2021, 10:08 AM   #1

New jayco owner

So I just bought a 1994 JAYCO 265RK Eagle 5TH wheel travel trailer with a slide out. When I got it we had some issues getting the slide out back in due to it flipping the breaker at this guys home. Not sure what he did but he got the slide out in. I got it home connected power to it and turned everything on and it worked great, slide out came out no issues. I plan on making this my home since I travel a lot so I left the fridge on to get it cold and turned everything else off in the trailer. The next day I went in and the only power I can get is from the outlets, the lights, ac, heater and fridge are not turning on. I know their batteries but I thought their was a by pass and that the batteries were back up. Anyone have any trouble shoot idea I could check out. Could the trailer outlet that I get main power source from not working? Where can I find the by pass? Any and all suggestions would help. I dont have an owner manuel and im trying to do as much research on this as possible and still struggling finding any schematics on it. I have never owner a trailer before and feeling a little overwhelmed and frustrated.

FyI I did check all the fuses and they are all good nothing has blown.
Milissa969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:46 PM   #2

I would start by checking voltage at the batteries.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:13 PM   #3

The battery is dead and im assuming leaving some power on is what drained it but we are trying to use the by pass to power it through the adapter we don't want to pull power from the battery.
Milissa969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:53 PM   #4

All the items you have mentioned are 12v they pull power off the battery the converter charges the battery when the 5th wheel is plugged in. If you are plugged in the voltage at the batteries should be over 13 if the converter charging function is working.

Tags
electrical diagrams, jayco help, slide out, travel trail