Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2020, 01:16 PM   #21

Before you hand over any money or sign any documents hire a mobile RV tech to inspect the unit. Pay him for 2 hours and have water, propane and electric hooked up. Make sure he covers every inch, top to bottom. These trailers can have very few, or an enormous amount, of factory defects.
Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #22

We have had out for about 18 months - Like it - we had some wiring issues and Schwintek slide issue that took a couple of trips to dealer to fix. The outside kitchen has been a little disappointing. A) the way you hook up the propane is awkward. You must unhood the propane hose (quick-connect) in order to push the burner back into it's non-use position. I suppose this is a safety feature so that you don't leave the propane on. I modified the plumbing so I don't have to disconnect. B) The wall behind the burner has an opening the size of the burner allowing air (& cooking some) into the camper through the entertainment / fireplace - when wind blowing right direction and your cooking smells and smoke go right into the camper. One of the reasons I wanted an outside kitchen is so I did not get all the cooking odors you get when cooking inside - the 317RLOK has only a small bathroom vent. I plan on blocking this opening this year.

2019 Jayco 317RLOK
2015 F-350, 6.7L, SRW, Bilstein Rear Shocks
Chesterfield, Missouri

billgburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:38 AM   #23

Congrats on the new rig, we just bought a 2020 Jayco Eagle 355MBQS. There was a few minor issues and one major issue so far. First, our kitchen sink water lines were loose and leaking. I had to put Teflon tape on them and retighten them. Also, a locking pin on our front landing gear was tweaked when we went to hook up for the first time. The major issue i noticed during our inspection was the seal around the roof was worn out. It's a 2020, but it had been sitting on the lot for over 300 days. The dealer siliconed the worn section. When i checked their work i notice a small hole had been torn in the roof near the ladder. I don't think it was there before so it probably happened when they were resealing the roof. Anyway, they patched the hole with lap sealant and i drove off. I have an appointment to take it in and get a more permanent fix. Bottom line, make sure you check the roof.
Cujonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 05:37 AM   #24

Welcome! We love our little 16XRB - not perfect but we made it perfect for us. We have around 36,000 miles in 44 states on it. Jayco backed their warranty well and the local dealer, Terrytown, provided friendly, prompt, capable service even though we did not purchase from them. This is the only travel trailer we septuagenarians will own, but I would consider Jayco again along with a few other brands that we looked at and liked. The two-year warranty is worthwhile; we had several items that made it through the first year, but not the second.

Casper, Wyoming? We had an exciting and beautiful time last summer going west to Cody via the Big Horns on 14A. (Fun, but wouldn't recommend it with any trailer and won't drive it again even with our huge TV- light TT ratio. Would love to try 14 and 16 though!) Way back from Yellowstone, Tetons took 26 to Torrington. Passed through Casper, a vibrant town along a really beautiful, historically fascinating two day drive.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:26 AM   #25

“Spend a couple of nights in it at the dealership”

That would be ideal, but at the very least check everything the dealer told you they checked and then check it again after you tow it home.
I was disappointed with build quality on my 319MLOK but in retrospect it’s no worse than the majority of other manufacturers product. We had far more initial gremlins on this one than other rigs we’ve owned but once those were worked out we love it. Beautiful inside and out. Learn to work on it yourself and only take it back to the dealer for work as an absolute last resort. Your repairs will be done right and you won’t have to give up your new rig for weeks on end!
Enjoy!!
icr21801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:04 PM   #26

Thanks everyone! We brought it home Friday afternoon, and have been taking the weekend to get to know it better. I'm sure we will experience some problems, hopefully minor, but we really love this rig. I'm not real handy, but having an RV, this is our 2nd rig, makes you learn for sure. Our first trip is scheduled for Coulter Bay in about two weeks. Can't wait.
RFactor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:47 PM   #27

Welcome to the forum. I respect your wisdom in asking the community for advice prior to purchase. We joined 6 months before we purchased because it was our first TT.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:25 PM   #28
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State! Congrats, and enjoy it!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:49 AM   #29

Make sure you fire up every system and run it while at the dealership. Request they fill the tanks and check for leaks. Take notes or even videos of them demonstrating how to do things. Ask every question that come to your mind and write it down. No question is too dumb. You will get some funny sarcastic responses sometimes but go with the flow. We are all a family out here. Check out RV groups on Facebook too. Espcially look for one group called "Camping and RV Gear Deals"! This guy scours Amazon and other places for excellent deals and then give the code to get better savings. Some up to 70% off. The codes only last for a couple hours, days or weeks so I check it very day!
Elgin, SC
Bo Nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote