Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #1

New Jayco Owners

Hi All, Have owned this 2015 Eagle for 3 years now. Just would like all new folks to this forum to please remember that most folks will be out camping and NOT having problems. We have only replaced tires on 28.5 Eagle because they were not much to begin with. And our roads beat them up! The trailer has had NO problems, in fact it set from Sep 1st of last year until now due to doctors etc. Went out, turned on the refrigerator, dewinterized it, checked both modes of the water heater, washed and waxed it and will check tire pressures just before we take off in two weeks. Not a minutes problem with it.

Just wanted to comment about the lack of troubles as it seems problems are all you read here. Jayco makes some good campers for the price point, at least that's been our experience over the last 50 years.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Excellent post. Thanks
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDon View Post
Hi All, Have owned this 2015 Eagle for 3 years now. Just would like all new folks to this forum to please remember that most folks will be out camping and NOT having problems. We have only replaced tires on 28.5 Eagle because they were not much to begin with. And our roads beat them up! The trailer has had NO problems, in fact it set from Sep 1st of last year until now due to doctors etc. Went out, turned on the refrigerator, dewinterized it, checked both modes of the water heater, washed and waxed it and will check tire pressures just before we take off in two weeks. Not a minutes problem with it.

Just wanted to comment about the lack of troubles as it seems problems are all you read here. Jayco makes some good campers for the price point, at least that's been our experience over the last 50 years.

Great point.............nice to hear some positive notes!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:05 PM   #4

Its natural for people to complain. I worked my whole life in a highly competitive service industry. We had a saying, treat 10 people nice and 1 of them will tell someone about it. Now do something perceived as wrong to 1 person and they will tell 10 people. So very hard to make everyone happy.

I have owned my Jayco for a little over a year now. We bought it used being less than a year old with no warranty at that time. Good thing I am handy because its been pretty good but things can and do go wrong although I am making headway now. You have to be pro active and stay on top of your rig. Lots to always do just like life in general.

I have owned 2 campers and my Jayco is nicer than our first one which was a Rockwood. Personally for the money its hard to believe they can make any money selling these things. Very complex with lots of things all connected together and very mobile.

Happy Trails..............
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #5

Good to hear, and glad you're back on the road!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #6

It is really nice to see positive posts on the forum. This will be our third season with our Jayco and I have no complaints with my Jayco. Sure I have to fix things from time to time but that is called maintenance to me. Same as I do for the cars I own. In fact, I spend more repairing the brick and mortar home than I do on the Jayco.

Kick the tires and light the fires! It is camping season!

RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDon View Post

Great Post! We just picked up our first ever trailer last week, a 28.5 also. We had been searching and shopping for months, and feel pretty sure that we got the right model for us. But after reading all the blogs, we were prepared to bring home a bucket of bolts that sat in the shop 10 months a year. We printed out a 5 page PDI list of things to check before we paid the dealer, because once you pay them, they will hate you, right? We walked into the dealership expecting the worst, and guess what? We found a very nice, clean, functioning 5th wheel waiting for us. We had the walk through with the tech, who showed us how everything worked (and everything worked) but told them we would need more time with the trailer to complete our list.(because that's what the forums told us to do) The fit and finish were near perfect, the plumbing all appeared tight and properly assembled. The caulking was great, the floor wasn't bulging, and the roof was in tip top shape. There were exactly 2 very minor things that took 5 minutes to address. We ditched the checklist about halfway through, and went and paid for the trailer. It's amazing to me that they can build a house that's strong enough to take a beating from driven rain and road bumps, but is also light enough to tow. So thanks for posting this. You really made a great observation that we just experienced last week. We expect to have many years of adventure with our new Jayco.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #8

Honor in craftsmanship depends on which day of the week in was assembled
smoakin is offline   Reply With Quote