Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2020, 04:06 PM   #1

New JBL sound system

Does anyone have a unit with the new JBL sound system?

Is there a sub or a hookup to be able to add a sub??

Any tips on how to configure it? Does it sound good?
NicelyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:29 AM   #2

Sub

Hello, it looks like in ther back of the system has an optical port. With my sonos soundbar at home I use an optical cable and a power source. That's it. Hope it helps.
Could you buy any chance help me connect to blue tooth? Jayco 373bhok
RoadTrip5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:57 PM   #3

Thanks for your response!! We don't have our fifth wheel yet, but when we finally get it we will be able to help �� According to our dealer it should be coming off the line today!!
NicelyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:25 AM   #4

Not Happy With JBL Sound System

We bought a Eagle on Thursday and the JBL sound system in ours is a pathetic joke, unless there is something major missing or disconnected in our unit. No bass, tinny sounding in all modes. Pocket transistor radio could give it a run for it's money. Hope I am just uninformed about it, but seems to be flashy looking junk for our use. Very hard on the ears. Only looks impressive. Someone please prove me wrong.
gcude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:32 AM   #5

We have a 36FBTS on order - was curious can you play the TV sound through the JBL like a sound bar?
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicelyRoo View Post
Does anyone have a unit with the new JBL sound system?

Is there a sub or a hookup to be able to add a sub??

Any tips on how to configure it? Does it sound good?

Yes there is a sub out on the back of the unit. I am installing a low profile sub above the TV this weekend (Theater Solutions SUB8S) on my 332CBOK. I am hoping to improve the sound quality by doing this as the unit was not impressive on my first use. I found in 'classic' mode the unit sounded good for my taste but not what I am used to with JBL.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JBL - Radio Model Aura Owner's Manual.pdf (3.21 MB, 107 views)
danvanvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:07 PM   #7

I also have this in my new 357MDOK that we just brought home a couple weeks ago. I haven't played with it much, but I also was unimpressed for a JBL sound system. I was looking at adding a sub also and noticed in the manual that the sub can only be used on zone A which in my unit were the two speakers on either side of the main unit.

As for playing the TV thru it, yes it appears you can however I don't believe it is setup this way from the factory.
skidoomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:45 PM   #8

we got the same JBL in the 377 RLBH. The sub on ours is in the pantry and had all of the setting set to higher frequency, low gain, and low volume. Once the settings were changed it was better. Not great probably enough power, but could use speaker upgrade. We seem to have an hdmi cable from the tV to the JBL, but wasn't able to make it work the first time. We just got it and have just started playing with it.
randomactsofadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:48 AM   #9

That sounds promising because it doesn't look like there is anywhere to locate a soundbar -we won't have the unit until April but, you know how it is with "pre-planning" - thanks
Old 02-10-2021, 07:37 AM   #10

I have seen online where people have added the sound bar under the tv so it comes up with the televator. If you don't have a subwoofer and wanted to add one. either behind the fireplace, in the pantry, or if it is a narrow profile woofer in the side table would be my suggestion. If you are really into good sound, you may add an amp and replace all of the speakers, but we are good with the current sound setup, but our expectations were pretty low.
randomactsofadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #11

I don't know if we are picky enough for a Sub Woofer but, a sound bar is desirable - in looking at the JAYCO Brochure of the TV when it is up on the elevator I do not see enough room for a sound bar. If the TV sound will come through the JBL speakers that would be great and maybe later just upgrade the speakers.

I am hoping the "Whisper Quite" A/C really are less noisy than my present Dometics
Old 02-19-2021, 10:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
We have a 36FBTS on order - was curious can you play the TV sound through the JBL like a sound bar?
Got time to play with the JBL sound and TV and it does play TV audio through the JBL speakers, when you press "ACR" button (think that is the one). TV audio definitely improves, when playing through the JBL, but still expected more from the JBL. As others note, we expected more from a well known stereo brand. Maybe we just need to do some more exploring to find the features we don't know exists with this system. I don't know if there is a subwoofer in our Eagle or not. Could definitely use one.

Cheers, Gary
gcude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcude View Post
Got time to play with the JBL sound and TV and it does play TV audio through the JBL speakers, when you press "ACR" button (think that is the one). TV audio definitely improves, when playing through the JBL, but still expected more from the JBL. As others note, we expected more from a well known stereo brand. Maybe we just need to do some more exploring to find the features we don't know exists with this system. I don't know if there is a subwoofer in our Eagle or not. Could definitely use one.

Cheers, Gary
Last week I added a subwoofer and it made a tremendous improvement to the sound. The installation was very easy.
danvanvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:01 PM   #14

JBL Stereo NEED HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcude View Post

Cheers, Gary
We have a Jayco Eagle 5th Wheel 321RSTS with the JBL Auro Wall Mount stereo. I can NOT get the sound from the TV to come from the stereo. I've Googled, YouTubed, posted to FB forums, searched EVERYWHERE. I've tried pushing the different buttons and putting it in different modes, but I'm thinking maybe the HDMI cord from the TV is not actually hooked to the back of the JBL. BUT....we can't get to the back of the JBL to check. Does anyone know how to get it out?

Thank you!
Georgia Head
GeorgiaHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHead View Post
We have a Jayco Eagle 5th Wheel 321RSTS with the JBL Auro Wall Mount stereo. I can NOT get the sound from the TV to come from the stereo. I've Googled, YouTubed, posted to FB forums, searched EVERYWHERE. I've tried pushing the different buttons and putting it in different modes, but I'm thinking maybe the HDMI cord from the TV is not actually hooked to the back of the JBL. BUT....we can't get to the back of the JBL to check. Does anyone know how to get it out?

Thank you!
Georgia Head
I am following your posts on this closely, lol. We have a similar unit on the way, I presume the same sound system. I had an issue with my right ear 3 years ago that mostly terminated my Rock And Roll days. These day a Bose sound bar at home makes a huge difference and will be looking for a similar solution for the 36FBTS.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHead View Post

Thank you!
Georgia Head
Not sure what year your Eagle is. Mine's a 2021 with the JBL stereo mounted just above the fireplace. If you got your camper new, there should be a manual for the stereo in your blue Jayco bag. The manual typically shows how to install and remove the stereo.

On my unit, there's a plastic pry lever (orange) in the bag with the stereo information. When you pry the front bezel off, there are 4 screws holding it in place.

You want to make sure that the HDMI cable is connected to the ARC connectors.
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:32 AM   #17

HDMI Sound with JBL Aura

I found that after I replaced my television, I lost sound to the stereo through the HDMI ARC port. The solution was to put a toothpick into the actual earpiece jack all the way to the back and gently press which resets the entire unit to factory defaults and that brought everything back to normal! You must plug the HDMI cable that is connected between the TV and the stereo to ether the eARC or ARC jack on the back of the tv in order for it to work. THe TV should have this jack labeled as such. Good luck!
waynef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 08:24 AM   #18

This is JBL in name only for the JBL quality we've grown up with isn't included. Quite deceptive when you're seeing this on the build sheet lol.

Aftermarket EQ and sub will help significantly. You can also put a quality sound bar on and have a higher quality sound experience. I caution with adding a powerful amplifier, as the speakers are as low quality as the head unit. Even with upgrading the speakers the wiring is sub-par.

I added a powered sub and sound bar and am thinking, that's as good as it gets without digging in deeper.
Camperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 12:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvanvb View Post
Last week I added a subwoofer and it made a tremendous improvement to the sound. The installation was very easy.
Hello danvanvb, I'm eager to try this out too. Did you simply connect to the optical plug? Does the volume change with the JBL remote? Do you have any photos to share?
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 06:43 PM   #20

Weak

JBL system is better than just the speakers in the tv. Other than that not really impressive. At 100 percent volume not enough to make my wife to tell me to turn it down. Adding a sub might give you more depth but I don’t think it’s going to improve the whole system much.
Retiredtotravel is offline   Reply With Quote