Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #1

Just a question looking to buy new eagle any thoughts or recmendiations?
Pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #2

That is a loaded question. Comes down to what exactly are you looking for? What type of tow vehicle do you have? What have you looked at so far? What did you like/dislike about the ones you saw? Remember you will get a lot of people saying what they like and why. Consider the pros and cons of each trailer you look at and get one that has more pros then cons.
VE6CPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum. Many Eagle owners here. Similar to what VE6CPU said, what are your thoughts about the Eagles you've looked at?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #4

Eagle trailers tend to be heavier than other Jayco models. I believe the Pinnacle 5'er is the only line that runs heavier.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:19 PM   #5

Unless Jayco has changed heavy duty roof.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #6

Tow vehicle 2017 6.7 Dodge ram 3500. Looking at other 5rs just looking for quality of unit. We are looking at the 355mbc really liked it.this seems to be solid. We are selling our home and buying 5er going full time. Not sure what you do when you need service? So want to make sure we buy something that will last. Thanks for the responses!!
Old 09-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #7

You will want to be careful with warranties on full time. Most trailers will only allow recreational use. There are a few that allow full time use but are usually more expensive, bigger and heavier. Other will know more then I do about full time trailers. Sounds like you got the truck to haul just about anything out there.
VE6CPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #8

Welcome! We had an Eagle 323 LKTS (now the 327 CKTS) and were very happy with it. Like all units, we had a few minor things that needed to be attended to, but overall it was a solid unit and we were very happy in her.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:17 AM   #9

Sorry for the long post. We use our Eagle HT full time. No it is not 'rated' for full time.

I have only taken the trailer to the dealer once. It is a pain when it is your house. Make sure that the service folks know that you will make them stick to their promised completion time.

I would recommend that you be able to do most of needed repairs yourself. Yes, even if they are covered under warranty. I consider the warranty for 'big' things, like structural stuff, not for minor plumbing leaks or electrical issues.

There are also mobile RV repair services in most medium to large towns. They are not cheap, but, they do save a lot of headache when you live in your RV. Think of it like calling a plumber for your house. If it is on a holiday or Sunday you will pay a premium. Consider that shop hourly rates are close to $100/hr.

Quality. I've had several things go wrong on ours. Plumbing connections to faucets needed to be tightened. One PEX elbow fitting leaked. Couple of drawers had to be fixed after one very bumpy trip. Replaced a bad electrical switch (for water heater, ordered replacement through dealer, no charge). One of the grey tank valves has a very small leak. Water pump back flow valve is marginal (I have parts, haven't fixed it yet). Black flush line is plugged up (I will also fix that one of these days).

So far we really like our trailer, and living full time in it.

Some advice we got from experienced FT folks. Attitude. Don't treat it like a long vacation. Treat it like a small apartment that you can move from place to place, ie, when you stop somewhere, stay a while. Live there like you have just moved into a house. Find your favorite grocery story, theater, restaurants. Take time to see the area around your new "home".

Then, when you want, move to a new "home" in another city/town. Repeat.

Yes, you can just stay in one place and not move. We know one couple who leave their big fifth wheel at an RV park. The RV park stores it for them in summer, then moves it to their space when the come for the winter. Another couple has a very large fifth wheel that they take from job site to job site. They have a moving service transport it for them.

Lots of different people full time for different reasons.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #10

Thanks for the info everybody this has been helpful sorry it took so long to respond.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #11

i have a 2009 29ft Jayco Flight G2 travel trailer and would like to know where i can find the slide motor so i can manually crank my slide out. The manual is not clear. It is a flush floor and is not where the manual says it is (under the sofa). Please help.
jmorris is offline   Reply With Quote