Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #1

New member with a problem

Hello to all from my first post. I know I should be in new members forum but....

I am currently having problem with my new gas grill on my 2009 Jayco 355 FBHS Deluxe Edition.

We are trying to give up the old charcoal grille for a new side-kick gas grille. It came in today. After getting it assembled, I thought I would light it off and try it out.

Of course nothing happened. Nothing would light, no gas smell, and no sound of gas. I checked my tanks and they are full enough. I tried the gas stovetop and it immediately lit. I checked under the trailer and gas line splits four ways (stovetop, oven, waterheater and gas grill) right next to the grill disconnect. I hooked up the gas line without hooking up the grill and I still couldn't smell any propane. Is it possible to have a clogged line. What about a bad valve? I tried flipping the shut off valves both ways just in case the handle had been put on wrong and still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing anything here?

Thanks again,

Thanks for all the good info I have read and learned from here so far.

JAmes
JDHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #2

Where you connect your gas grill into the line with the quick disconnect, check very carefully nearby and see if you don't have a cutoff valve. S/B just under the trailer. Try opening it. The open position is the valve stem should be in line with the supply pipe.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #3

Thanks for reply, but gas line only has cut off at quick connect. I did some trouble shooting today (sunshine). I have gas through the line all the way to the grill. I ended up calling outdoor unlimited who makes the grill. Great company to deal with they are sending me a new regulator/valve. Said that sometimes in the manufacturing process the needle gets stuck in closed position and wont allow gas through. I just hope it gets here before our first outing.
JDHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #4

Your other appliance working tells you the trailer's LP system is fine, so don't go changing anything there. The gas line for the grill coming off the black pipe manifold is low pressure. You won't smell gas at the QC until the male fitting is plugged into it. That's how they are made, so the gas shuts off when you unplug from it. You'll have to remove the regulator that came on the grill and adapt that connection to whatever fitting you have on the hose. You can't run already low pressure gas through a second regulator.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcconawa View Post
Where you connect your gas grill into the line with the quick disconnect, check very carefully nearby and see if you don't have a cutoff valve. S/B just under the trailer. Try opening it. The open position is the valve stem should be in line with the supply pipe.
Mine has a cutoff also.
Adopt a shelter pet!

2009 Jayco Designer 37RLQS
2011 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax Crew Cab 4X4 Dually
20K Curt Q5 hitch
av8arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #6

JDHunter, welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of helpful folks here with a lot of knowledge about camping.
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam
Prodigy P2
Tanker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #7

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum James! Hope you are able to get your grilll working.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote