Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #1

New Owner of 325BHQS

Hey everyone. I am coming over from the Forest River forums as a new owner of a 2017 Jayco 325BHQS. I just put my deposit down today and waiting til Monday for all the paperwork to go through. Been lurking the forum as I been considering my upgrade for the last 6-12 months. Family members have Jayco units and I was very impressed with the better quality plus going new for the first time the 2 year warranty VS 1 year of most other brands.

I got a great deal buying the last of the 2017. I just wanted to say Hi and see if there were any things I should be looking at on my PDI that have been common issues for my model or similar. I rather try to get as much taken care of the small stuff taken care of while its in the shop anyways as its still winter here in Virginia.
Chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggins View Post
Hey everyone. I am coming over from the Forest River forums as a new owner of a 2017 Jayco 325BHQS. I just put my deposit down today and waiting til Monday for all the paperwork to go through. Been lurking the forum as I been considering my upgrade for the last 6-12 months. Family members have Jayco units and I was very impressed with the better quality plus going new for the first time the 2 year warranty VS 1 year of most other brands.

I got a great deal buying the last of the 2017. I just wanted to say Hi and see if there were any things I should be looking at on my PDI that have been common issues for my model or similar. I rather try to get as much taken care of the small stuff taken care of while its in the shop anyways as its still winter here in Virginia.
Congrats! Welcome to the group, can't wait to see the new rig!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #3

Thanks!

Another question. When I bought my last 5th used due to past water issues with a previous unit. I applied Ethnbond (Correct spelling if I am wrong) tape to all the seams after researching it. How do people feel about it? Does it void my 2 year factory warranty? I was thinking about starting with it on the new unit so I dont have to worry about issues down the road.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #4

I have a 2016 325BHQS. Check the seam between the front cap and roof. The factory did a poor job sealing it and it developed a leak pretty quickly. Check the "outrigger" supports under the kitchen slide. They are known to be weak and bend causing problems with closing the slide. Might want to consider upgrading the bathroom vent fan now. The OEM one is garbage and will crack/leak unless they've changed from what they used on the 2016s.
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg View Post
I have a 2016 325BHQS. Check the seam between the front cap and roof. The factory did a poor job sealing it and it developed a leak pretty quickly. Check the "outrigger" supports under the kitchen slide. They are known to be weak and bend causing problems with closing the slide. Might want to consider upgrading the bathroom vent fan now. The OEM one is garbage and will crack/leak unless they've changed from what they used on the 2016s.
Thanks exactly what I am looking for. I'm thinking about covering all my long seams with entrabond tape. Also I'll check out and keep an eye on that outrigging. Do you happen to know what fan was in the bathroom that was bad for your model year so I can check if my 2017 has it also?
Old 02-18-2018, 05:06 PM   #6

Welcome!
Congratulations on the new unit.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggins View Post
Thanks exactly what I am looking for. I'm thinking about covering all my long seams with entrabond tape. Also I'll check out and keep an eye on that outrigging. Do you happen to know what fan was in the bathroom that was bad for your model year so I can check if my 2017 has it also?
I don't know what the fan part number was, but there are a few threads on the board about the problem. Jayco got a bad batch with no UV inhibitor, so they literally disintegrated. They may have fixed it by the time yours was built. Here's a link to one thread with pichttps://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ent-44776.htmls:

Edit to add: Eternabond works great. Might be a PIA to mold it to the curves along the front cap though. Self-leveling Dicor has worked just fine for me on the cap seam. I used Eternabond tape around the Fantastic Fan and no problems so far.
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote