Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2020, 04:59 PM   #1

New owner water fill questions

2013 Jayco Pinnacle 38flfs

Can someone explain what setting I need to fill my fresh water tank? I have a hose connected to my home outside water faucet. Jayco doesn’t have any explanation in the user manual.

Picture attached (I think).

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
4D2F123A-4008-4899-99D6-104B159CB439.jpg  
Lavenderhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 05:19 PM   #2
Site Team

By your picture, to fill the tank from your house water supply via a hose, the upper valve should point to "1" (straight up), and the lower valve should point to "6", or straight down. That would be considered the "city fill" position.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:31 PM   #3

So you have 2 water connections. The top one should be black instead of white. The top hose connection is a black tank flush. The hose connection below it is your water connection. There are 3 black handle valves below it. They need to be set to normal. Center valve should be turned horizontally and the left and right valves turned vertically. The other 2 valves to the left that are brass with the longer valve handles, the upper one should be set with the point of the valve handle pointing up like it currently is in the pic you posted and the lower valve needs to be pointing down, so turn it 90* clockwise. It looks like those valves are 3 position valves.

Let us know how you make out.

Also, if it starts to fill the tank and you hear water immediately spilling out from under the trailer, the drain valve is open. Easy to find just listen for the water pouring out on your driveway. Lol!
Old 04-16-2020, 03:49 PM   #4

Just asking but is there an overflow somewhere?
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:55 PM   #5

Yup. When it's full the water will start spilling out the bottom. That's when youll.find it. Mine is located right next to the drain valve. However, mine doesn't look like a typical drain line, mine looks more like a pinched off spatula. Lol! I've never seen one like mine before but it doesn't allow the water to siphon out while going down the road.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:03 PM   #6

Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
Yup. When it's full the water will start spilling out the bottom. That's when youll.find it. Mine is located right next to the drain valve. However, mine doesn't look like a typical drain line, mine looks more like a pinched off spatula. Lol! I've never seen one like mine before but it doesn't allow the water to siphon out while going down the road.
Thanks for quick response. I am about to fill my unit for the first time since I took delivery. Hope everything works and no leaks.
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:07 PM   #7

Let 'er rip and let us know!
Old 04-17-2020, 11:17 AM   #8

Pinnacle 38flfs water system

Thank you all for your assistance. I was able to de-winterize, flush, sanitize, flush, flush, refill tank and water heater and get hot water. Long process but happy I could do it myself and not hire someone. Wish I was going somewhere but it’s ready if family needs a place to stay.
Lavenderhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:29 AM   #9
Site Team

That's great! Now you're proficient on another system, saving money on a tech, and have the knowledge to pass along. It's a good day! Thanks for updating us all.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:52 PM   #10

X2!
I might be able to do mine next week as long as the nite temps stay above freezing.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:31 AM   #11

Hi everyone. When I tried to de-winterize, my fresh water tank won't fill. I tried changing from city fill to country fill, but no water going in. I read that the vent tube might be plugged, but not sure where that is located? I think I have all valves opened properly.
jeffschropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffschropp View Post
Hi everyone. When I tried to de-winterize, my fresh water tank won't fill. I tried changing from city fill to country fill, but no water going in. I read that the vent tube might be plugged, but not sure where that is located? I think I have all valves opened properly.
Are you using a hose or pump? City fill uses the hose (city water) Country fill means your pumping it out of a jug or 5 gal container. If your using the pump flip the cone screen where you connect the hose to push the check valve open. The pump has trouble overcoming the spring tension at times.

The vent tube will be a piece of white braided hose hanging down below the underbelly.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:08 AM   #13

Hi Grumpy. I have a hose attached. I removed the cone screen to see if it was clogged (it was clean) and pushed on the check valve to make sure it was free. I had to push with a screwdriver to relieve the pressure. There was a lot of pressure and a small 'explosion' of water when it released. I thought I broke the check valve, so I removed it. Still wont take water. I found 2 braided houses that come from the top of the water tank. I tried to 'snake' them clear, but cant get past the 90-degree bend at the top of the tank.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Hi Grumpy. I have a hose attached. I removed the cone screen to see if it was clogged (it was clean) and pushed on the check valve to make sure it was free. I had to push with a screwdriver to relieve the pressure. There was a lot of pressure and a small 'explosion' of water when it released. I thought I broke the check valve, so I removed it. Still wont take water. I found 2 braided houses that come from the top of the water tank. I tried to 'snake' them clear, but cant get past the 90-degree bend at the top of the tank.
That sounds like your valves aren't going to the correct position. Have you slowly turned the valves while the hose was on. Maybe the knobs are slipping and aren't pointing to the correct position. Can you post a pic of your valves?

I really doubt that both vents would be clogged enough to overcome the water pressure.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:38 AM   #15

Yes, i have tried slowly turning the valves - but still no water going in. i removed the valve cover and the valves took 'solid'. wondering if i put some air into the filter outlet and blow-back toward the fill connector?
Attached Thumbnails
20200507_133136.jpg   20200507_133148.jpg  
Old 05-26-2020, 07:06 AM   #16

Quote:
Yes, i have tried slowly turning the valves - but still no water going in. i removed the valve cover and the valves took 'solid'. wondering if i put some air into the filter outlet and blow-back toward the fill connector?
Not talking about the valve, but the handle being loose and not turning the stem properly.

If you are getting water at the faucet it's not from the valve to the filter. Could just be a failed valve. There have been a couple posts about that if I remember correctly.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:14 AM   #17

the handles are tight and turn smoothly from one setting to the others. it seems that something is plugged somewhere? I'm not getting any water as the tank is empty. I was going to flush pink fluid using city fixtures (2&6), but can't get any water to go in. then thought to fill the tank (1&6) and run the pump to flush, but no water going in.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:40 AM   #18

just thought I would close-out my issue as far as this thread goes...my problem ended-up being a stuck valve. replaced all of the similar type valves to prevent this type of problem in the future.