Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2021, 10:35 AM   #1

New owner with some general questions

Hello All,

We just bought a 2021 Seismic and are submitting our initial inspections issues. I have a couple of questions from other owners about the quality and build so far.

1. I have over 80 photos of issues ranging from scratches, to damage to rust and everything in between. At what point is something just considered a standard upon delivery (like minor scratch) vs major issues? What issues did you have with your new rig? pictures here https://photos.app.goo.gl/xjwYPr1d4KXP1NhL6

2. How in the heck do you get into the queen bed on the top in the cargo area. When lowered into bunk position it is still so high up, Do I need to buy a ladder? Should it have come with one (like the loft has?)

Any tips or advice for a new to RV life couple?

Thanks!!
Neverfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:54 AM   #2

Dealer should have corrected everything before you even left the lot.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:12 AM   #3

My hubs had to drive 10 hours to pick the RV up, there were multiple issues and delays with the dealership not having the right parts for the hitch and it poured rain the 2 days he was there so it was hard to do the onsite inspection (they did catch a couple issues while onsite) but asked that we do a more thorough inspection and submission within 10 days. Since I could not be there with him for the pickup due to an injury I am only just seeing the RV now and since I am new to all this I just didn't want to be submitting things that were considered to be frivolous as nothing is going to be perfect. I was just a bit stunned at the amount of issues thinking for the price of this darn thing it should NOT look like it has been beat on for years already.
Neverfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverfast View Post
I was just a bit stunned at the amount of issues thinking for the price of this darn thing it should NOT look like it has been beat on for years already.
My point was, a good dealer would have corrected all that before they even sold it.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:24 PM   #5

Agree with Grumpy...a lot of that should have been caught when the dealer was prepping for delivery.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:39 PM   #6

I found a scratch on the front cap of our new Eagle HT once I got it home. It isn’t noticeable from the ground and I only found it because I was looking from the roof down and seen it. It’s in the black but not all the way through the paint. It’s probably one of those things the dealer just didn’t see and at this point the answer will likely be, you probably hit a tree branch. If it bothers me too much, I’ll likely just take it to a body shop to have it touched up and wheeled out. I know I’m always careful but I assume at some point I will get some minor scratches and that black will show everything!

Our biggest problem is the Furrion 12v refrigerator needs to be replaced. The freezer won’t go below 20 degrees and the refrigerator won’t go below 50 degrees. Compressor and cooling fan runs nonstop!
Loomis077 is offline   Reply With Quote