Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-02-2019, 06:00 PM   #21

Microwave

Our FLSA has a convection microwave which we tested during the walkthrough. However, we got to our first camp sight and it only ran for about 30 seconds. Jayco paid to have the repairman come out to fix it and he found a 2-wire plug that was only connected to one pin on the main board. So I suggest testing any cooling or heating appliances for a little while to be sure they are Ok over time. Also, while testing the slides if they are Schwintek be absolutely sure to run them out completely, no stopping, and hold the switch for a couple of extra seconds when they are completely out. Some when putting them in. Otherwise they can get out of sync and become hard to get right. Ditto on all of the suggestions made here, especially the water valve locations. The two valves for ours were: under the trash bin and under the oven way in the back. Great units but just expect some issues since it is an RV after all.
jangeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad5581 View Post
Yeah I did a ton of looking at pictures of the jayco 5thwheels online and I didnt see 1 other with that sticker where it was on mine. I saw a few with a big barcode sticker right about where my keyed alike sticker was. I am guessing that barcode sticker was put on at the factory before the paint dried all the way. Then the dealer took it off before the rv show and noticed the issue then slapped the keyed alike sticker over it to cover the damage for the show. In the end jayco made it right. After raising a stink before I contacted jayco the dealership shop manager was working with his GM on a compromise to get it fixed. Then to have the service advisor claim it was abuse to remove a sticker. Needless to say I no longer deal with that location and probably never will again. But it made me realize how vital it is to spend the time at the dealership looking everything over. There we also a few rv show related issues that were also addressed while we signed paperwork.
Glad it all worked out for you!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:45 AM   #23

Here's the latest on our Pinnacle delivery saga... We had the front paint finished in late February but the Jaybird decal was defective and had to be reordered. Coincidentally, a second awning part was missing that would ae slowed the process down too. Those items were corrected on Thursday of last week and the Pinnacle was delivered to our site. So from a Jan 5 purchase to March 21 delivery we are on track. We spent the weekend getting everything set up and generated a list of to do's for the next week. All in all, we really like the Pinnacle but do have a list if issues where Jayco and the dealer could do a better job without much effort on their part.
Upabreak is offline   Reply With Quote