Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2019, 07:10 AM   #1

New thx water issues

I have a new eagle htx that I filled the water tank before I left but did not test out so now I am camping but pump is not primed just keeps running I do get some water out of faucets but not much.
I looked to make sure it was not set up to suck from the clear antifreeze hose.
I assume the valve position stays in fill position tried switching back to city but made no difference any suggestions for me to try.
Dealer is 3 hours away.
Glenn2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:37 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State! If your water heater wasn't filled up with water, your pump will want to run until it is. It'll take a while for it to pump 6 gallons into it. Also make sure the outside shower faucet is turned off. Just a couple of things that comes to mind.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn2000 View Post
I assume the valve position stays in fill position tried switching back to city but made no difference any suggestions for me to try.
Dealer is 3 hours away.
Do you have a "Normal" setting on your valve panel. That would be the correct one for the pump. Plus, you'll need to run the shower, toilet and all the faucets to bleed all the air out of the lines.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
And if it still not primes the pump, use the winterize position and prime from a gallon bottle (or put low city water pressure to the suction side of the pump). Membrane pump seldom fail with clean water (dirt is another story).
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #5

Fixed

Turns out just found loose fitting sucking in air problem solved I think that should have been checked out before I got it though.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Turns out just found loose fitting sucking in air problem solved I think that should have been checked out before I got it though.
Glenn, what model HTX did you get? I have the 26BHX. You probably should just go through the trailer and check things over. It’s normal to find some minor things. Plus, you can tidy up some wires and stuff. Unfortunately that’s a reality in the RV industry. If you are handy and capable of minor repairs, you’ll be fine. Otherwise, use the 2 year warranty. If your dealer is 2 hrs away, use the trailer and make a list of warranty repairs. Schedule them for off season repairs so you int be without the trailer during camping season. There are some horror stories of weeks to months people have been without their trailers due to warranty work.

Good luck.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:53 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
A loose fitting will do it. I think you've found the problem.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:38 PM   #8

Somewhere is a valve in the wrong position. The pump is pushing residual water from the lines. Can you see the pump? Most pumps will self prime. Also, you can call the dealer. Have you read the manual on valve positions for dry camping?
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #9

It’s working good now

It’s kinda amazing after looking for the issue how I could find screws in places to hold something in place but we’re completely missing the wood on the other side so just useless, someone needs to take pride in there work. Simple things like that make a difference in quality but will have to say this one is much better than my other camper.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:54 PM   #10

I have an extremely noisy water pump. Everything works fine, just jack hammering and LOUD. Started reading up on how to fix it. Found some hoses and an accumulator I figured I’d install. So I went to storage to take a look at it before I ordered anything. What I found behind the docking station where my pump is a complete rats nest of PEX. The pump isn’t even mounted to anything, it’s just floating in the the mass of plumbing. Nothing is attached to anything. So when that thing kicks on it’s shaking everything. There are even hose clamps around some of the hoses but they are not screwed into anything. Needless to say my fix it mod just got a little more complicated.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan S. View Post
I have an extremely noisy water pump. Everything works fine, just jack hammering and LOUD. Started reading up on how to fix it. Found some hoses and an accumulator I figured I’d install. So I went to storage to take a look at it before I ordered anything. What I found behind the docking station where my pump is a complete rats nest of PEX. The pump isn’t even mounted to anything, it’s just floating in the the mass of plumbing. Nothing is attached to anything. So when that thing kicks on it’s shaking everything. There are even hose clamps around some of the hoses but they are not screwed into anything. Needless to say my fix it mod just got a little more complicated.
I would take a picture of that rat's nest and send it to Jayco demanding a fix. I'm dismayed that they can throw something together like that and call it good. It's a sad situation.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:57 PM   #12

You know Al, I would rather do this myself. I won’t get them to install the accumulator, and I think it would still be noisy without one. It’s basically in a wood box right under the bathroom. So rerouting and cleaning it up and putting in some insulation needs to be done. I’m more comfortable doing this myself rather than gripping and still having to go back in. Plus this way it’s another system I understand. There’s a few valves in there, they just might get labels as to what they actually do. 😁

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote