Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2020, 10:46 PM   #1

New to Campers, Travel Trailers, RV's Etc

Hello, Im new to the RV world and am looking for help / advice. I recently purchased (at an auction - so no back history) a 1995 Jayco Eagle 303rk 30' 5th wheel travel trailer. After hooking it up to power (110 from my house) and installing a battery I tried to see what worked and what doesnt. To my surprise several things seemed to work so far such as the A/C, the Slide-Out, the microwave, the stove vent hood light and fan and the bathroom vent fan. My 1st problem is that only some of the ceiling lights worked? I checked the bulbs first and also looked for and tried the wall switches (in the living area) but to no avail. Im wondering if there are fuses located somewhere that I an check that may be blown but I dont know where they're located. Any help to know if there actually are fuses that I should check and exactly where they're located would be very appreciated. Please note the I have just requested an owners/operators manual from Jayco but have no idea when that will arrive.

Thanks in advance for you patience and understanding with and RV Newbe.
New2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:57 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

There will be a plastic panel, probably down low. It will have all the 12 volt automotive style fuses, and 110 volt breakers inside. It's also the converter/battery charger. Look for a brown or black plastic square or rectangle piece. The door may be a push open/close type, or a pull down door. They can all be different.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
1 Spoiled Dog
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:04 PM   #3

Ok thanks, I'll look again. I did find the circuit breaker panel in the kitchen, near the bottom of the fridge, in a lower cabinet door. It only had about 6 breakers (if I remember correctly) and I dont recall seeing any fuses but Ill look again closer. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:26 PM   #4
Site Team

You're welcome. I would look for a row of blue 15 amp spade fuses. They should be in with the breakers, but being a '95, I'm not sure.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
1 Spoiled Dog
Old 05-04-2020, 09:56 PM   #5

Make sure you have a good Deep cycle battery before going too far, it makes a difference in a lot of rigs.
Hiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:36 AM   #6

Thanks for the help

I just wanted to post a quick update. I have finally found the fuse panel! I had actually seen it before I posted the question but didn't realize thats what it was simply because it had an inconspicuous hinged cover over it lol. After it was described in a reply by JFlightRisk, I decided to look at it closer and realized that it did in fact have a black plastic & hinged cover over the top of it. Once I realized that, I quickly noticed that 3 fuses were completely gone. After replacing the missing fuses, everything seems to work great! Thanks again to JFlightRisk and also to Hiram - I did install a deep cycle battery and that has helped!
Old 05-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2RV View Post
I just wanted to post a quick update. I have finally found the fuse panel! I had actually seen it before I posted the question but didn't realize thats what it was simply because it had an inconspicuous hinged cover over it lol. After it was described in a reply by JFlightRisk, I decided to look at it closer and realized that it did in fact have a black plastic & hinged cover over the top of it. Once I realized that, I quickly noticed that 3 fuses were completely gone. After replacing the missing fuses, everything seems to work great! Thanks again to JFlightRisk and also to Hiram - I did install a deep cycle battery and that has helped!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:48 PM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Also check all the grounds to the chassis - battery and the ones down from the electric panel. Use some die-electric grease.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:49 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2RV View Post

You're very welcome. We're always here to help when we can. And, we help for free!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
1 Spoiled Dog
Old 05-07-2020, 07:48 PM   #10

Glad you found your issue and it was an easy fix. I do recommend carrying a pack of spare fuses. When you blow one, you blow three more trying to diagnose the issue.

Happy Camping
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuses, lighting, newbe help