Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-19-2016, 06:30 PM   #21

I think there are a lot of scenarios that need to be taken into consideration. First the hitch which has some factor in where your pin sits over your axle and in your bed. Second is the king pin length forward of the cap. Third is the design of the cap which now have indents in front areas prone to contacting your cab.

If you get in a tight site situation you might need a sliding hitch to get into the spot as the travel of a 5th is not as reactive as a traditional trailer until it starts to turn then you can 90 degrees in a hurry. When your backing up in a tight road to get into your spot your trailer and TV might be 90 degrees to get into it. This is where you might need the slide. Having it rather than needing it and using it regularly is another deal. The one or two times you might need it you'll be glad it's there. I think that under many circumstances you might not have to move it, but there are some tight access roads or sometimes TV's in the way with no owners around to move and you have to make it work.

My 2 cents.

You'll love pulling it though! Stable as can be.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote