Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #1

New to the family.

Hello all. I just ordered a 2017 North Point 375BHFS. Very excited to take delivery. I live in it year round for work, so it's going to take a lot of modification to make it work in Alberta winters. I will be skirting it this winter until I can drop the belly and bullet proof it. I currently have a 2008 Citation Polar Bear toy hauler that has been astonishing. Not one single issue in 8 years of ownership living in it year round. Never froze up in temps as low as -48C without skirting. I'm not expecting that out of this new unit, but hope with skirting and heat underneath I won't have too many issues. This community seems very knowledgeable and friendly, so any issues I have I'm sure someone can help out. I take delivery in the first week or so of October, so I have plenty of time to research problem areas on here until then. Looking forward to hopefully happy years in this new unit.
RockSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum from Western NY!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #3

Welcome aboard and congrats
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies guys. Has anyone had a North Point in cold weather yet? The one I ordered has the climate control yadda yadda package, but also the "Extreme Weather Package", which seems to me is heat traced water lines and heat pads on tanks? I prefer fully enclosed and ducted tanks like on a Citation/Corsair/Security, but as far as I know, no current manufacturer does this properly. I've seen most "Arctic" or "Northern" packages on other fivers, and they consist of tank pads and little else, which is p1ss poor AFAIC. I realize I have unrealistic expectations coming from a Citation, but for 88g's, I'd like to think these rigs can handle some cold.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #5

I'm getting a little bit nervous seeing dozens of Schwinntech slide problems, but I guess when you sell as many units as Jayco does, they all can't be winners. Here's to hoping mine is built on a Tuesday.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:11 PM   #6

So no one has any comments about being in one of these units in cold weather? I realize they've only been out a couple years but someone from Minnesota or one of the Northern states must have some experience with these big, beautiful bastards in the cold no?
Old 08-09-2016, 06:22 AM   #7

Congrats and enjoy your new unit.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote