Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #21

Congrats LegalEage, so glad to hear that you got a new one. Is it DRW or SRW what color is it what trim line post up some pics?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #22

I have a friend that is a mechanic at a Chevy dealer. He said they are always short on techs because none of these young kids coming in actually want to work which leads to delays in service. He also mentioned that just about any work on these newer diesel trucks requires the entire cab to be removed which makes repair times extended & costly. I could see dealers putting them off for that reason, although it isn't the right thing to do for customer service.
njburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:09 PM   #23

Favorites

Everyone has a favorite. If service center availability is one of your considerations then the Cummins wins this argument as the 6.7 is used in class six trucks, motorhomes and pickups. This opens up tons of options for service that GM and Ford can’t offer.
Purdue 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:40 PM   #24

GM Diesels

We've had four Duramax/Allison DRW 1 Ton diesels, 2001, 2005, 2011, (Chevy LTZ, and lastly, a 2018 GMC DRW Denali. All have performed beautifully. The only problem I've had is once with the 2011 Chevy. The DEF system went haywire at around 19,000 miles and had to have the DEF tank changed because the heater turned on and boiled all of the DEF fluid out. It was done under warranty. So I can't tell you how bad GM services are because I've only had one incident in four trucks. Our dealers in So. Montana are easy to get into and have good luck on servicing and such. They all seem to be well informed and competent. We have had 5 Jaycos ranging from 36 ft. 2004 Designer, 2007 36 ft Designer, 2012 36 ft Pinnacle, 2014 - 42 ft Pinnacle, and now a 2016 42 ft FLSA. The Duramax Duallies have done beautifully pulling them.
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote