Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2019, 03:40 PM   #1

new trailer with 3 different leaks and other issues

Got a new 29.5BHOK 5 months ago. First rain we had I found a leak in the bedroom. It swelled up the night stand. I climbed up and found that they did not seal the front corner of the roof. I just filled it in myself.
A couple months later I got caught in a windy rainstorm, and a huge puddle appeared next to my fridge and bunkroom. Rain came in from the vent on top of the trailer. Did not think much about it, because I mopped everything up. Three days later my flooring is warped.
Then a couple of weeks ago it small rain came through and a big leak in my living room slide appeared. Water coming through my led lights onto the couch. It blew out two lights.
And a few other things wrong.
I bought it in Houston but will be taking it in for repair in Austin. When we were looking at trailers, that Austin store flat out told me if I did not buy from them, they would take 6 months or more to do warranty work on my trailer. I tried to buy from them, but I found it $5,000 less in Houston and in stock. They would have to order it.
My wife has talked to Jayco and they said they would call the Austin dealer when we take it in this Saturday and tell them not to jerk us around.
At this point a new replacement trailer would be my choice. I know that won't happen.
Sad that now that the weather in Texas has finally cooled down, I have to drop mine off for repairs, not knowing how many months it will be out.
gburger is offline   Reply With Quote