Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2021, 03:41 PM   #1

New Updates - Need Advice

So my 2017 325BHQS is in need of some maintenance and want to upgrade while I am at it....

1. Battery was on its last leg end of last year that came with it. It had a good run for a cheap deep cycle. Thinking about whether I will grab another from Sams Club or upgrade to Lithium. I do not do heavy amounts of boondocking but do tail gate where it would be nice to have ability not to run generator when not using A/C.
- What would be equal to my stock 1 deep cycle? 50AH lithium? I found that size not to be bad even with the main brands of battleborn, Renogy or etc.
- The knock off brands on Amazon I found can be ordered directly from china for about 200 for 50ah or 300-400 for 100ah. Is brand name really make much of a difference?
- Any other changes I need to make? Do I have to get a new charge drop in? Will the stock one be ok for awhile?

2. I am pretty sure I am going to go with 200w solar system to keep my battery up and for tail gating. My plan is 2 100w renogy panels, 40amp rover controller (For future expansion), and etc.
- Are the flexible panels worth it so they can be taped down? I have some longeivty concerns with reviews I have read on them compared to traditional panels (Delaminating)

3. I got two rolls of 2" gray Eternal bond tape and a spray can of primer. I am thinking about going down the back and sides where the roof meets the edge of the roof. This is long runs of chalking I want to get rid of worrying about. I will probably also do few of the roof items that do not need replacement every so many years (Not doing skylight, fan, and etc.) Any advice or pictures especially of someone that has done the sides would greatly be appriecated. I have found many people doing front cap and back with pictures. I plan on doing my cap on the front later in the year. I want to do a good rechalking and let it "gas off" for few months before I get some 6" tape to do the front cap. Sadly I can't find the gray in the great 10' roll like you can with the white. Trying to accept I need to pay $90 for a 50' roll and only use 10' haha.

4. Waxing again this year. I been using Meguires Wax / Wash. 303 on the decals. Any better and/or easier (lol) options?

All and all REALLY excited to get my camper ready for camping season.
Chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote