Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #1

Newbie (maybe)

Good evening everyone,

I am in the process of looking at a 375BHFS to put on our property while building our house. We anticipate needing maybe 8 or 9 months and the possiblity exists going into wintertime. We are wondering on how good this unit will be in the cold wintertime. We have looked at two units, one with and without double pane windows. Are there definite options we would want to have? We are also looking at a Highland Ridge Open Range 3x which has the similar options. We will be in Saratoga County New York which is around 45 minutes north of Albany. After the house build we will be putting it on a piece of property we have north in Clinton County. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated. we want to make sure that whatever we purchase that it is as suitable for cold weather as possible. I anticipate hooking into the septic, electric and water which will be in prior to the building starting.

We are new to the RV scene and not sure of pitfalls etc... Thanks again.
lawandorder815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #2

Sorry I can't be much help for you, I am from south Louisiana and we don't get too much cold weather.
2012 Dodge 3500
US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population
rthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #3

checkout the full timers section, many threads on how to keep tanks and water lines working in the winter.

Basic gist I got reading them was; holding tank heater pads, water line heaters, skirt around bottom of trailer.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote